Author Topic: From 1984-1993, 5+ Serial Killers Murdered Over 100 Women in South Central LA  (Read 579 times)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-serial-killers-20100804,0,6878006,full.story

Biological evidence points to at least 5 serial killers.  Of course, this is determined in retrospect, because DNA evidence had yet to become common in 1984.

Interesting article with several points being made. 

One being, SCLA was such a murder-fest due to gang violence & murders, that a "mere" 20+ more murder victims/year were lost in the deluge of 757 murders (1984).

Another that the greater incarceration rates for violent repeat offenders reduced the numbers of gang-related murders so such anomalies could be better detected.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
Serial killers are very successful, because the most common chains of detection and evidence, knowing your attacker/murderer which is true in 95% of all cases just isn't there.

The usual chain of questioning of "Who knows who?", "Who was mad at the victim? Owed him money? Was being cheated with or on?" etc. all the usual motivations for murder aren't there.

And the CSI TV show BS where they identify a killer by the DNA of flower pollen left in the rifling marks of a bullet and cross referenced with all flower shop credit card purchases over the Internet is just so much BS.

I suspect that 50% of them aren't even known as John Doe's because no one thinks to connect the crimes.

And of the 50% that are suspected through DNA, the MO, or other physical evidence etc. only half of those get caught because they feel the need to "brag" and start writing letters to the newspaper etc.
I promise not to duck.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
And of the 50% that are suspected through DNA, the MO, or other physical evidence etc. only half of those get caught because they feel the need to "brag" and start writing letters to the newspaper etc.

I've had judges, lawyers and cops tell me roughly 70-90% of all serious crimes are broken through obvious suspects or the suspect talking themselves into prison.  The remainder is mostly "unsolved".

If you didn't form a blatantly obvious pattern and kept your mouth shut, you'd only be caught by luck or accident.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.