Author Topic: FBI inserts foot, seeks assistance in inserting other foot as well  (Read 6325 times)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
http://www.cnn.com/2010/TECH/web/08/03/fbi.seal.wikipedia/

Seems the FBI got a sudden ingrown hair in its 4th point of contact over Wikipedia having a picture of the FBI insignia in the article about the FBI.  So they sent a letter telling Wiki they had 14 days to remove the picture OR ELSE.

The Mike Godwin, counsel for the parent of Wikipedia, sent a letter back to the FBI telling them to go pound sand and other things about settling this on the playground after school.

The New York Times published both letters.  CNN has followed up on this as well.  Why is is not viral in the interwebz yet is beyond my ken.

stay safe.

If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
Re: FBI inserts foot, seeks assistance in inserting other foot as well
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 11:53:12 AM »
Oh great VA..  now we are going to have to have a "no logo" posting policy as well.  Great Job you jerk!   =D

Maybe we can post a photoshopped small portion of the logo and a description of what it would look like with a link to the full image?

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2010, 12:00:09 PM »
ok ok.  New rule.  NO OUTSIDE CONTENT.  PERIOD!   :police:  >:D

Chris

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2010, 12:05:32 PM »

Chris

Still too dangerous.  I recommend not allowing any content at all.

Course, then it would just be fistful posting.  >:D

BrokenPaw

• friends
  • Sedit qvi timvit ne non svccederet.
    • ShadowGrove Interpath Ministry
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2010, 12:14:31 PM »

I hereby issue formal notice:  I make use of the following letters (in both capital and lowercase forms) and symbols on my own website:  plmoknijbuhvygctfxrdzesawq0312847569.,;:'"/?<>{}[]-_=+\|@#*&)(!%

Since my website was established prior to the creation of armedpolitesociety.com, this entire site is derivative of my site.  Further use of any of those characters, except by myself and my designated agents, shall be deemed infringement.
Seek out wisdom in books, rare manuscripts, and cryptic poems if you will, but seek it also in simple stones and fragile herbs and in the cries of wild birds. Listen to the song of the wind and the roar of water if you would discover magic, for it is here that the old secrets are still preserved.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2010, 01:32:59 PM »
Still too dangerous.  I recommend not allowing any content at all.

Course, then it would just be fistful posting.  >:D

Oh sweet 8 pound 6 ounce baby jeebus that was the funniest thing I've read all day
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Antibubba

• friend
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2010, 03:58:40 PM »
So is The Mike Godwin the source of "Godwin's Law"?
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2010, 04:15:00 PM »
So is The Mike Godwin the source of "Godwin's Law"?

Assuming you can trust wikipedia about one of their own's accomplishments, Yep, that's him.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2010, 04:33:51 PM »
So does that mean the FBI is acting like Nazi SS thugs?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2010, 04:35:33 PM »
That letter is one of the finest examples of legal bitchslappery I've ever read.

So does that mean the FBI is acting like Nazi SS thugs?

I'm pretty sure the SS didn't send a lot of strongly worded letters out to get people to do what they wanted. Oh, I see what you did there...
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2010, 05:22:47 PM »
Dear FBI,

Rule Number One for when you want to 'Get all legal and stuff' is to actually, like, know the law.  And stuff.

Rule Number Two for when you want to 'Get all legal and stuff' is to not try doing it with people who's lawyers are better than yours at actually reading The Law.

Rule Number Three for when you want to 'Get all legal and stuff' is to not try kicking around people who's web site is about a gazillion times more popular than yours, and who's lawyers (the ones that know the law because they read it) have a maliciously sarcastic bent when it comes to fed.gov agencies who ignore Rules One and Two while trying to throw around some of their ah-thor-a-tah.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2010, 06:16:54 PM »
I hereby issue formal notice:  I make use of the following letters (in both capital and lowercase forms) and symbols on my own website:  plm ... #*&)(!%

Since my website was established prior to the creation of armedpolitesociety.com, this entire site is derivative of my site.  Further use of any of those characters, except by myself and my designated agents, shall be deemed infringement.
Note: Potentially copyrighted assemblage of alphanumeric characters NOT quoted in full, only sufficient characters to convey the hopeless condition of the author, BrokenPaw

I believe the alphabet was in the public domain before the establishment of your web site. You can't copyright the alphabet, since it was already in the public domain. All you can copyright is your particular expression of an idea. Therefore:

(1) First, you must be prepared to prove that the above agglomeration of alphanumeric characters represents an "idea" (or even a hint of rational thought); and

(2) If you can successfully accomplish (1), then the next time anyone posts exactly those characters in that exact order, you can pursue redress.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2010, 09:20:15 PM »
Note: Potentially copyrighted assemblage of alphanumeric characters NOT quoted in full, only sufficient characters to convey the hopeless condition of the author, BrokenPaw

I believe the alphabet was in the public domain before the establishment of your web site. You can't copyright the alphabet, since it was already in the public domain. All you can copyright is your particular expression of an idea. Therefore:

(1) First, you must be prepared to prove that the above agglomeration of alphanumeric characters represents an "idea" (or even a hint of rational thought); and

(2) If you can successfully accomplish (1), then the next time anyone posts exactly those characters in that exact order, you can pursue redress.

Hawkmoon, please note that I have filed a patent, on the alphabet, with the USPO.  After they approve said patent, I will own the interwebz.  ;/
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2010, 10:49:17 PM »
Hawkmoon, please note that I have filed a patent, on the alphabet, with the USPO.  After they approve said patent, I will own the interwebz.  ;/

That's OK...I just filed a intellectual property copywright on the person of adively....I own him now.....  =D
« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 06:41:08 AM by seeker_two »
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2010, 06:36:15 AM »
score: Point to Seeker.

Game point, gents.  =D
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2010, 08:45:36 AM »
That's OK...I just filed a intellectual property copywright on the person of adively....I own him now.....  =D

*expletive deleted* *expletive deleted* *expletive deleted* *expletive deleted* *expletive deleted* *expletive deleted**expletive deleted* *expletive deleted* *expletive deleted**expletive deleted* *expletive deleted* *expletive deleted**expletive deleted* *expletive deleted* *expletive deleted**expletive deleted* *expletive deleted* *expletive deleted**expletive deleted* *expletive deleted* *expletive deleted**expletive deleted* *expletive deleted* *expletive deleted**expletive deleted* *expletive deleted* *expletive deleted**expletive deleted* *expletive deleted* *expletive deleted**expletive deleted* *expletive deleted* *expletive deleted**expletive deleted* *expletive deleted* *expletive deleted**expletive deleted* *expletive deleted* *expletive deleted**expletive deleted* *expletive deleted* *expletive deleted**expletive deleted* *expletive deleted* *expletive deleted**expletive deleted* *expletive deleted* *expletive deleted**expletive deleted* *expletive deleted* *expletive deleted**expletive deleted* *expletive deleted* *expletive deleted**expletive deleted* *expletive deleted* *expletive deleted*
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

CNYCacher

• friend
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2010, 09:52:44 AM »
While reading Godwin's letter, I fell so deeply into the sarchasm that I almost couldn't get up.
On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
Charles Babbage

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2010, 10:17:16 AM »
*expletive deleted* *expletive deleted* *expletive deleted* *expletive deleted* *expletive deleted* *expletive deleted**expletive deleted* *expletive deleted* *expletive deleted**expletive deleted* *expletive deleted* *expletive deleted**expletive deleted* *expletive deleted* *expletive deleted**expletive deleted* *expletive deleted* *expletive deleted**expletive deleted* *expletive deleted* *expletive deleted**expletive deleted* *expletive deleted* *expletive deleted**expletive deleted* *expletive deleted* *expletive deleted**expletive deleted* *expletive deleted* *expletive deleted**expletive deleted* *expletive deleted* *expletive deleted**expletive deleted* *expletive deleted* *expletive deleted**expletive deleted* *expletive deleted* *expletive deleted**expletive deleted* *expletive deleted* *expletive deleted**expletive deleted* *expletive deleted* *expletive deleted**expletive deleted* *expletive deleted* *expletive deleted**expletive deleted* *expletive deleted* *expletive deleted**expletive deleted* *expletive deleted* *expletive deleted**expletive deleted* *expletive deleted* *expletive deleted*

My intellectual property would never use such foul language....  :angel:
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

BrokenPaw

• friends
  • Sedit qvi timvit ne non svccederet.
    • ShadowGrove Interpath Ministry
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2010, 10:42:16 AM »
While reading Godwin's letter, I fell so deeply into the sarchasm that I almost couldn't get up.

I especially like how he ended it.  "With all appropriate respect".  Heh.  That can mean so very many things, and yet cannot be construed as impolite.
Seek out wisdom in books, rare manuscripts, and cryptic poems if you will, but seek it also in simple stones and fragile herbs and in the cries of wild birds. Listen to the song of the wind and the roar of water if you would discover magic, for it is here that the old secrets are still preserved.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2010, 10:52:13 AM »
The word intellectual is being thrown around here without cause or effect. >:D
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2010, 10:55:49 AM »
That letter is one of the most beautiful intellectual pimp-slaps I've ever read.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2010, 11:48:23 AM »

I'd think the FBI would know better than to match wits with the lawyer who invented the sole accurate law defining the entire internet, besides Rule 34.

God help them if they match wits with the entity that developed Rule 34.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2010, 12:06:08 PM »
This is absolutely the funniest thread I've ever read.

Thank you, ladies and gentlemen, if any.
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2010, 12:18:48 PM »
>God help them if they match wits with the entity that developed Rule 34.<

Needs pics (or vid)

>:D
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.