Author Topic: heres a boss to work for stumbled across this one  (Read 760 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
Re: heres a boss to work for stumbled across this one
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2010, 09:40:51 PM »
Landing as direct-hires with Johnson Wax isn't too shabby either.

I've done a few stints there just south of Milwaukee as an IT contractor, and it's the kind of place people don't quit if they can help it.
I promise not to duck.

BMacklem

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2010, 10:21:44 PM »
I have always believed in Mr. Butchers idea that happy employees are better employees.
I figure that if they're happy, they'll keep the customers happy, and in turn the customers would keep the company happy.
A rather nice little circle if you ask me.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2010, 01:48:50 AM »
''When people are happy in their jobs, they are at least twice as productive,''

Such a simple concept.
And yet so many company operate on the carrot and stick principle, every time you reach for the carrot they hit you with the stick...
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2010, 12:48:49 PM »
I believe the official line of my company is they endeavor to meet or exceed the average pay scale in our industry.  That means they are always chasing the pay scale a bit.  I'm not disappointed in my pay though.  It is enough.

Another group I was in for a while used to rank all the employees in the group.  Top 20% get good raises, lower 20% got nothing.  I didn't think much of it until I saw the list once and noticed most of the top 20% were the new guys the manager just hired who hadn't done anything yet.  I'm not in that group anymore.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

drewtam

• friend
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2010, 07:57:18 PM »
Some people are never content. Give 'em a $100, they'll complain its not in $20s. To follow the happy company principle means firing these people, regardless of performance.
I’m not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The… tactleneck!