Author Topic: For giggles... current daily carry?  (Read 23936 times)

SADShooter

• friend
Re: For giggles... current daily carry?
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2010, 04:17:23 PM »
Fly320s:

What rear sight is that, a 10-8? How do you like it?

Thanks,

SADShooter
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2010, 04:19:12 PM »
I've seen two of you with CRKT knives. How do you like them? Considering buying one when I have some money to spare.
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

PTK

• friends
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2010, 04:36:26 PM »
Just go get a Mora #1. FAR better, quicker to deploy. Is it legal to carry there? :)
"Only lucky people grow old." - Frederick L.
September 1915 - August 2008

"If you really do have cancer "this time", then this is your own fault. Like the little boy who cried wolf."

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2010, 04:40:08 PM »
Fly320s:

What rear sight is that, a 10-8? How do you like it?

Thanks,

SADShooter
Yes, it is a 10-8, .140 notch IIRC.  I really like it. All my primary pistols have the same rear sight.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2010, 04:41:27 PM »
Most recently I'm carrying a Sig 2022 that I recently bought.  I have about 600rds through it and so far so good.  My other go-to pistol is a RIA 1911.  Solid still with about 30,000 rds downrange.

Sig:

Viking

• friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2010, 04:57:50 PM »
Just go get a Mora #1. FAR better, quicker to deploy. Is it legal to carry there? :)
Yes and no. The law states that "normal use of a pocket knife or multitool" should not count as a violation of the law (unless it's a balisong or switchblade). As for fixed blades, if they are necessary for you occupation or other legal doings you can carry them, as an example, been out fishing and stopping by to get some beer before you get home? Probably ok. Carpenters or other craftsmen will probably not be bothered much either if they have a Mora on their belt while on lunch or while running a personal errand. Cops have quite a lot of power to decide whether to take it from you. I got away with carrying a huge Maglite in my backpack, when reason states that I should've been hauled in for questioning and probably be charged with carrying a weapon (since the law is a "rubber band law" that can be stretched to classify pretty much anything as a weapon if you are unlucky).  Fortunatly for me, they were apparently more interested in chasing after the persons who had done graffiti near where I was at at the time =).

If you can motivate a need, you will probably get away. You are quite unlikely to get away if caught carrying one while trying to get into a pub and similar. Also, some groups are always considered to have a need, including military in uniform while on duty, and also Scouts in uniform. The cops won't try to take knives from army guys, because they don't want to be asked if they want to search for assault rifles in the trunk either. Also, no cop would try to take a knife from a Scout, because they don't want their boss to have a Word with him/her about publoc relations =D.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 05:04:34 PM by Viking »
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

PTK

• friends
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2010, 05:02:49 PM »
So, basically, it's worth going to a folder to conceal it since it COULD be illegal. Lame, since Mora knives are so cheap and yet so great. =|
"Only lucky people grow old." - Frederick L.
September 1915 - August 2008

"If you really do have cancer "this time", then this is your own fault. Like the little boy who cried wolf."

Viking

• friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2010, 05:16:19 PM »
So, basically, it's worth going to a folder to conceal it since it COULD be illegal. Lame, since Mora knives are so cheap and yet so great. =|
Ayup. I do have a bunch of Moras around my apartment though, including one under my pillow and one in the closet closest to the door =). Also a claw hammer, and a pair of cheap brassknuckles hanging from a hook :laugh:.
I did IWB carry a Mora in a 6 o' clock position several years ago in a bout of fear and extreme paranoia after having been assaulted twice in the same fall.
I do agree, Mora knives are great. Cut my teeth fingers on a Mora Scout knife when I was 6 or so =). Learned to be more careful after that =).

Edit: did some quick research. It's a bitch to try to translate the court's decision, but it seems to be favorable in regard to "small sheath knives" as well as folding & pocket knives. Just don't be an ahole while carrying.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 05:26:25 PM by Viking »

brimic

• friends
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2010, 05:25:08 PM »
Spyderco Yojimbo.

"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

S. Williamson

• formerly Dionysusigma
  • friends
  • It's not the years, it's the mileage.
« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2010, 05:32:30 PM »
Knife:

Case 041 Executive Stainless

Other:

Sig P6 which nowadays is loaded with Federal 147gr HPs.

I still need myself a P3AT or something small that I can carry in this heat.  =(
"The chances of finding out what's really going on are so remote, the only thing to do is hang the sense of it and keep yourself occupied. I'd far rather be happy than right any day."
"And are you?"
"No, that's where it all falls apart I'm afraid. Pity, it sounds like quite a nice lifestyle otherwise."
-Douglas Adams

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2010, 05:43:38 PM »
Unfortunately, just this:

Spyderco Native with a S30V blade.

I've not yet had the combination of time and money to get a CCP.  Perhaps in a year or two.
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2010, 06:02:36 PM »
Beretta .22 in a Bianchi OWB, usually with a KaBar TDI knife (the largest size). The TDI has gone missing recently, though.

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2010, 06:54:57 PM »
No pics but I carry an XD-45 service model in a Galco IWB holster.

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2010, 07:14:12 PM »
I've seen two of you with CRKT knives. How do you like them? Considering buying one when I have some money to spare.
CRKT makes a good knife for the money.  You could spend more and get a better knife, but I doubt you could spend the same amount and get a better knife.  You could certainly spend the same amount and get an inferior knife.

Viking

• friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2010, 07:15:47 PM »
Good to know.

Vodka7

• friend
« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2010, 07:17:04 PM »
Kershaw blackout with the half serrated blade.  Love it so much more than my old leek (which I broke using it like a prybar like an idiot.)

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2010, 07:47:48 PM »
Also, a Maglite, either 3 or 4 C-cells

+1!  I love me some C-cell Maglites.

I keep one 4-cell C in a maglite bracket attached to headboard of the bed, and a 2-cell in a bracket on the wall by the gun safes.  Actually, from the bed I can reach 5 good flashlights without standing.  There are several more within a step or two.

Okay, back to the thread...

My usual EDC is a Glock 26, IWB with either a CRKT or a Ka-Bar.  If conditions warrant, I'll also carry a Taurus 85 in an ankle holster. 

DD
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2010, 07:48:36 PM »

« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 10:40:59 PM by cosine »
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #43 on: August 24, 2010, 10:59:10 PM »
Can't carry much d/t my job (working w/ mentally ill & MR offenders in our school district); but, off duty, I have at least a Kershaw Leek and Leatherman Squirt on my person and an XD sub-compact 9mm in my vehicle. When I get my CHL, I'm thinking of getting either a .32ACP NAA or a Bond Arms .410 for pocket carry (don't want a .380....make sorting 9mm brass more difficult...)
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Nitrogen

• friends
  • Who could it be?
    • @c0t0d0s2 / Twitter.
« Reply #44 on: August 24, 2010, 11:07:52 PM »
I am banned from carrying at my job so I would never carry my daily carry there, a S&W M&P 9mm:
יזכר לא עד פעם
Remember. Never Again.
What does it mean to be an American?  Have you forgotten? | http://youtu.be/0w03tJ3IkrM

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #45 on: August 24, 2010, 11:10:20 PM »
When I'm driving my tactical golf cart to the mailbox, I have at least my 45 colt. In the spring I keep a Marlin model 60 in a scabbard for the cottonmouth that like to sun across the dog paths.  I carry a shotgun or .222 in the fall. In the hot humid summer I have whatever I throw under the dash.

Now I just need to mount some pods to the hard points of the golf cart. I'm thinking twenty rockets would do. A minigun would always be nice. >:D Maybe with a katana sticking out the front.

Did I just reply to three threads at once?  [popcorn]

jim
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Unisaw

• friend
« Reply #46 on: August 25, 2010, 12:40:53 AM »
I can't believe I'm the first to provide this answer: a S&W 642...in a Kramer pocket holster.
Well, if you have the sudden urge to lick your balls you'll know you got the veterinary version... K Frame

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #47 on: August 25, 2010, 01:12:03 AM »
S&W M&P 9 when I'm not at work. C5 Leather holster.

I don't think I'd get in trouble at work (I work with a bunch of rednecks who also shoot/hunt), but it is technically against the law

I will have a Kershaw Blur soon to replace my MIA Kershaw Storm II. In the meantime, I'm carrying my Gerber Gator II. I also carry a Gerber Profile fixed blade at work.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #48 on: August 25, 2010, 01:45:22 AM »

Got a Frost's sport knife (think rubber-gripped stainless Mora for wet environments) in the Blazer and a #1 in the nightstand next to my .45.  There's also a CRKT running around somewhere, but my Benchmade Griptilian is pretty near indestructible.

I have a few $1.50 folders in various places for stuff that would tear up any knife; they're pretty sharp for the first half-dozen uses, but getting the edge back is nearly impossible.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #49 on: August 25, 2010, 02:14:22 AM »
My normal daily carry is this Delta Elite that has had the full treatment from Ted Yost. About 95% of my carry is open carry so I use a blackhawk serpa holster for it.

On days I don't feel like carrying the Delta, perhaps going to a meeting or a picnic I will carry this 610-2 that has had a little work done to it also.

Because I do a lot of OC I tend to carry more full size guns than not. Often when going for our evening walk I will have a S&W 25-5 (45 Colt) with a 6" barrel in a cross draw holster.

I will always have a knife with me, usually a CRKT M16 or a SOG Trident.

bob