Author Topic: 18 year old has "lofty" career goals  (Read 909 times)

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
18 year old has "lofty" career goals
« on: September 02, 2010, 12:20:38 PM »
http://www.argusleader.com/article/20100901/NEWS/9010327/1001/news

18 year old arrested for having weapons and explosives makings so he could "cause as much chaos, death and destruction as possible and become the world's most infamous sociopath for the rest of mankind," according to court documents.  He worked at a day car and told a co-worker that he had enough fireworks to blow up the town and that the first day of school would be a short one.  He was caught looking up Columbine articles on the school computers.

Please note that in no way do I endorse what he was going to do.  I do have to make the observation that it appears that he had a very solid plan in place except for the fact that he couldn't keep his mouth shut and concerned citizen rightfully turned him in.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

MicroBalrog

• friend
Re: 18 year old has "lofty" career goals
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2010, 01:14:43 PM »
He should have planned better.

I suggest a run for office.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: 18 year old has "lofty" career goals
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2010, 08:31:33 PM »
Another disciple of Gore and Quinn?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife