Author Topic: Iran Resurrects Dead Nazi Engineers to Build Its First UAV  (Read 1547 times)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Iran Resurrects Dead Nazi Engineers to Build Its First UAV
« on: September 06, 2010, 12:54:38 AM »
http://www.voanews.com/english/news/Iran-Shows-Off-Unmanned-Long-Range-Bomber-101251954.html

In a bid to be, in his own words, "More anti-semetic than Hitler," Mahmoud Ahwhateverthehellhisnameis called on the necromancer mullahs to resurrect the very same Nazi engineers who built the German V1 "Buzz Bombs" to build Iran its first UAV.

Despite steep engineering and necromantic hurdles like lack of aircraft-grade aluminum alloy and limbs falling off dead Nazi engineers at random intervals, Mahmoud Ahwhogivesas**t stated, "This is a symbol of strength for Iran and shows we thought the Jewish sections of the early 1980s Truly Tasteless Jokes books were actually encyclopedia entries.  Yes, the answer to 'What do you call six million dead Jews?' really is 'A good start.'"

Asked by one member of the Iranian press if both the UAV and the means used to build it might be considered provocative, Mahmoud Ahcantbelieveitsnotbutter responded by calling in several Revolutionary Guardsmen to strip the questioner down to his undergarments and flay the skin off his back with rusty tin snips.

No more questions were heard over the agonized howls of the reporter and Mahmoud Ahdlovesomestriesandtickets was last sen kicking a stray dog on his way to his limousine.

The response by non-government organizations has been swift.  Amnesty International and Human Rights Watch called on Israel to lay supinely and bare its throat, while PETA has sent the office of the Iranian president a strongly worded letter denouncing him for animal cruelty.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Re: Iran Resurrects Dead Nazi Engineers to Build Its First UAV
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2010, 12:59:06 AM »
I saw the pic, and purpose, and immediately thought:

"I could deliver 3x the payload, and secure its delivery at higher speed, if it wasn't a drone and was a missile instead."

I guarantee we (and Israel) already have the means to jam communications between the control station and the UAV.  Iran has perhaps 2-3 satellites in orbit?  Not once they launch one of these things over Iraqi/Syrian air space, they don't.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2010, 01:17:25 AM »
The Iranian UAV is a clone of a 1970's Soviet plane. That was replaced by the Russians in the 1990's. With a model that is currently again being replaced. It's two generations behind. I'm not impressed.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2010, 08:59:53 AM »
But a '70s gadget is still pretty good for '40s-era Nazis.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

HankB

• friend
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2010, 09:41:28 AM »
Don't treat "old tech" with contempt - Fat Man and Little Boy would still be worthy of notice today, as would a V2 with improved (GPS?) guidance. Especially if used in a sneak attack.

And how many of us use a pistol that was basically designed/adopted around 99 years ago, back in 1911?
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2010, 02:53:35 PM »

And how many of us use a pistol that was basically designed/adopted around 99 years ago, back in 1911?

Only the unenlightened.....

=D
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2010, 03:12:57 PM »
So you're saying my 1911 can fly around and kill people?  That gun just keeps getting more and moar awesome.

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2010, 06:29:55 PM »
for only 19,110 dollars you too can own the home defense system to end all security systems is yours. 1911, and ammo not included.[popcorn]

linkys: transmitter, and predator drone. :angel:

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2010, 07:24:33 PM »
Don't treat "old tech" with contempt - Fat Man and Little Boy would still be worthy of notice today, as would a V2 with improved (GPS?) guidance. Especially if used in a sneak attack.

I don't think aircraft really work that way. A Spitfire can't really duel an F-16.

Hell, even tanks: Can you imagine a Sherman/M1 Abrams duel?

More importantly, this is a nice measure of Iran's general technical capability.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2010, 07:48:11 PM »
Urban Assault Vehicle? 
"It's good, though..."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2010, 08:19:08 PM »

Fat Man and Little Boy are so big they would probably be shot down by anti-aircraft today.  As for V2's, aren't the SCUDS they already have basically the same thing? 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2010, 08:20:49 PM »
The big question to me:  Iran keeps trying for bragging rights by unveiling all these new weapons, but do they have the resources to build very many or the military know-how to use them effectively? 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2010, 08:26:03 PM »
or the military know-how to use them effectively?

Their performance in the Iran-Iraq war was unimpressive. They brag to have improved their military, but it is possible that is propaganda.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2010, 08:32:36 PM »
Fortunately, they have all their brightest minds hard at work disproving the Holocaust.