Author Topic: The next target to the warmongering Neo-Cons will be... UK  (Read 2599 times)

Iapetus

• friend
The next target to the warmongering Neo-Cons will be... UK
« on: March 22, 2005, 04:34:06 AM »
LOL!

Just found this on one of the BBC bulliten boards:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/cgi-perl/h2/h2.cgi?thread=%3C1111428101-26943.3%40forum1.thdo.bbc.co.uk%3E&find=%3C1111428101-26943.3%40forum1.thdo.bbc.co.uk%3E&board=today.3&sort=Te

Someone reckons (based on what he's read on DU), that Bush is planning on invading the UK rolleyes

Cool Hand Luke 22:36

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2005, 07:47:19 AM »
Classic Repug response. It hurts Republican brains too much to engage in rational dialogue, so - as you have just demonstrated - the first resort is always to attempt ridicule ...
Do they ever stop to read what they have written?

The BBC thread reminds me of the equally paranoid Americans who keep going on about a UN military invasion of the US.
"Any fool can make a rule, and any fool will mind it."
Henry David Thoreau

Zed

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2005, 11:41:00 AM »
i think this nut must have been drunk or on something when he posted that....
the uk as it is, is a lost cause, one that the us would be unlikely at best to want anything to do with....
Si vis pacem, para bellum. (If you would have peace, prepare for war.)

BillBlank

• friend
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2005, 02:59:29 PM »
Read the thread and laughed. Nutter.

Zed, we're not that far gone mate, we don't yet sell reactors to nutters. We have a sense of history over here and if that teaches us one thing it's that in the last fifty years you guy's have scewed us less than anyone else. We'd rather eat Mcd's than have little red books Smiley
Just so happens Satan's behind the bar pulling the late shift for a buddy...

jamz

• friend
  • bleem
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2005, 05:08:42 PM »
I dunno, it's small, has limited natural resources, terrible food, why would we want it again?  Wink

Love, James
(half British)
Everybody loves Magical Trevor

Stand_watie

• friend
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2005, 05:57:00 PM »
3 more New Yorks, that's what we'd get if we annexed the UK.

I can't imagine why American "neo-cons" (code word for conservative Jews; not just evil for being Jews, but doubly evil for being traitors to the liberal cause)  would want that.
Yizkor. Lo Od Pa'am

"You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers"

"Never again"

"Malone Labe"

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2005, 06:18:16 PM »
Quote from: jamz
I dunno, it's small, has limited natural resources, terrible food, why would we want it again?
...and it has people like the author running around.... rolleyes

Maybe we can give it to the Clintons in trade for Hillary not running for President  here?...  Tongue
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

doczinn

• friend
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2005, 07:56:20 PM »
in the last fifty years you guy's have scewed us less than anyone else. We'd rather eat Mcd's than have little red books
That pretty much sums up the whole US/UK relationship!
D. R. ZINN

Leatherneck

• friend
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2005, 05:00:42 AM »
These guys are too much.

Why would the US have been reducing it's military presence in UK and Europe if it intended to invade?
That was before the US lost the war in Iraq.  (I must have missed that one-when did we "lose"?)

Why would the US invade the UK when it is dependent on UK investors buying US bonds to keeps it's economy afloat?
To keep the US dollar from sinking? The US economy is going down the drain. (That's why the Euro just tanked against the US dollar, and US unemployment hit a four-year low in January, and 262,000 new jobs were added in February.)

After the why is the how. How would the US, who military is clearly overstretched now, launch an amphibious assualt against an industrial nuclear power across the Atlantic Ocean?
The UK has been reducing its military year on year for some time, and the US is still militarily the world superpower - now, unfortunately, being directed by an insane elite cadre. I don't think that the British public is ready to fire a nuclear missile at any country, just now - unlike the American "nuke 'em all" lobby ranting all over the web, British people are better educated overall and keener on helping other countries towards a better future of their own devising. (unlike America, who invaded Iraq just for fun, or for the oil, or something.)
Anyway, it would not be amphibious. The US military would create a temporary landing strip on a remote part of the UK coastline and fly in its invading troops. (Right--we'd invade the UK with paratroopers in some remote coastal site. Good thinking.)

It's good to see that the DU doesn't have a complete monopoly on idiots.
TC
RT Refugee

Warbow

• friend
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2005, 05:58:07 AM »
cheesy

Funny and so, so sad at the same time. :/