Author Topic: The Hatred of Sarah Palin  (Read 4644 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: The Hatred of Sarah Palin
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2010, 10:29:57 PM »
Palin is the soul of the tea party movement; she catalyzed it, gave it a voice and energy.

I try to make sense of this.  I fail.

Sarah is a nice lady, but she had nothing at all to do with catalyzing, energizing or giving a voice to the Tea Parties. She is not our soul. No one person is. To say such things simply reflects a basic ignorance of the movement.   ???
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2010, 10:44:33 PM »
I try to make sense of this.  I fail.

Sarah is a nice lady, but she had nothing at all to do with catalyzing, energizing or giving a voice to the Tea Parties. She is not our soul. No one person is. To say such things simply reflects a basic ignorance of the movement.   ???

I would agree.  I don't want her as its figure head.  If it doesn't have a head, it can't be cut off...
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2010, 11:09:01 PM »
The Tea Party movement has no leader. Palin has become one of its most effective voices. Combine that with her appeal to many conservatives, and the value of her endorsements, and therein lies her power.

The media and the left make a mistake when they call her one of the leaders, but why bother setting them straight?

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2010, 11:35:21 PM »
What I meant is that she embodies, in a very popular and recognizable persona, the values of the Tea Party movement. Of course she is not the movement in its entirety or even its leader, but she is the most visible embodiment of its values and thrust. 

In the end the Tea Party movement will need leaders and representatives if it's to express political power in action, no matter how broad its orbit.

This thread was about why Palin is hated by the Left.  She is, rightly or wrongly, viewed by the Left in America as the EveryWoman of fly-over values, and to them that is both scary and offensive.  She opposes abortion, likes guns, hunting, the NRA, is a strong Christian, and isn't an Ivy League wonk. Any one of those disqualifies her as a member of today's political elite.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2010, 12:49:23 AM »
Palin is the soul of the tea party movement; she catalyzed it, gave it a voice and energy. That doesn't mean she's the GOP candidate in 2012.  More a Joan the Baptist than Messiah.

As for the McCain connection, she saw an opportunity and she grabbed it--to the benefit of all of us.  McCain was trying to ride her to victory.  It turned out that she rode him.
[popcorn] ;/

Thanks for the images . . . . .
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero