Author Topic: PA Gov. appalled that protesters were spied on  (Read 4150 times)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
PA Gov. appalled that protesters were spied on
« on: September 17, 2010, 07:31:03 AM »
http://tinyurl.com/25zqar6

(Sept. 15) -- Pennsylvania Gov. Ed Rendell says he is "appalled" that gay pride parades, taxpayer rallies and peaceful protests against oil giant BP all became the target of anti-terrorism bulletins distributed by a state agency.

"I am deeply embarrassed, and I apologize to any of the groups who had this information disseminated on their right to peacefully protest," the governor told reporters Tuesday evening. The bulletins were issued by the state's Department of Homeland Security, but Rendell said he learned about them from a news story in The Patriot-News of Harrisburg this week.

Seems the company PA contracted wth to advise them of homeland security threats figured it was easier to go after protesters than root out Al Qeda operatives.  He's terminating the contract but will not fire the head of the state homeland security agency, who BTW did not tell him who was being tracked and who wasn't.

All this would have been good if it were not for the fact that one of the folks being tracked found out about it first and exposed the mess.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
Re: PA Gov. appalled that protesters were spied on
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2010, 09:44:14 AM »
Gay pride parades, taxpayer protests, and BP protests.

I guess the company was equal opportunity when it came to spying.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2010, 09:58:53 AM »
Sigh.  Great.  Well, Rendell is out soon enough.  

Corbett is going to win the election.   While he's mouthing the right words, I don't see him as any better than Rendell.  Sure, he'll be "conservative" rather than "liberal", but he's still not extremely friendly towards the Constitution, liberty, et al.  He's pretending to be supportive of the Tea Party, but few people take it very seriously.  The only definite thing is that he'd sooner volunteer to chew broken glass than touch firearms.  The Dems, and several million voters, would eat him alive if he tried.  This was more or less what he said at the last big Second Amendment rally.  He was kinda pissed at Wayne LaPierre and Suzanna Hupp got about ten times the audience response as he got.  Attitude around PA is "Yea yea, Rendell is a Philly bastard who we want to vote against.  Just shut up and don't do anything stupid, and you'll win by a landslide."

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2010/09/rendells_top_staffers_knew_of.html

Everyone but allegedly Rendell was long aware of a group of Israeli spies was on the payroll.  Most people figured it was just a political bribe and that the Israeli group was just being paid to write BS reports.   Even the PA State Police were telling everyone that the reports were complete BS that had absolutely nothing useful in them.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 10:14:47 AM by RevDisk »
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2010, 06:34:52 PM »
You'd have to pay me quite a bit to spy on a gay pride parade.  =|
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2010, 06:45:50 PM »

It hurts my brain that we had to hire a spies from a foreign country to do so.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2010, 06:52:13 PM »
Are you volunteering? 

Nitrogen

• friends
  • Who could it be?
    • @c0t0d0s2 / Twitter.
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2010, 03:08:21 AM »
He's just appalled that they got CAUGHT spying on protesters.
יזכר לא עד פעם
Remember. Never Again.
What does it mean to be an American?  Have you forgotten? | http://youtu.be/0w03tJ3IkrM

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2010, 12:24:48 PM »

I'd pay just to see you go undercover for that assignment....  [popcorn] :laugh:
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2010, 12:38:05 PM »
I'd pay just to see you go undercover for that assignment....

Once again, may I offer a wardrobe suggestion? ;)

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2010, 05:34:08 PM »
I'd pay just to see you go undercover for that assignment....  [popcorn] :laugh:

You would.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2010, 12:04:47 AM »

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/news/state/s_700516.html

Apparently, these people also declared that the Second Amendment rally (which I attended) would be a haven of domestic terrorism.

Considering how many legislators attended...  Wow.  Talk about shooting yourself in the foot.  Roughly HALF of the House of Representatives attended, including the Speaker of the House.  So did our Attorney General.  Good job.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2010, 12:07:50 AM »
The protest was peaceful and there was no evidence of militia groups attending.

Invisible ninja militia.  No wonder they're scared.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2010, 12:09:40 AM »

There were some nutty militia types that I saw.  But again, they were outnumbered by politicians that 'paid' for this report.  Hence, "nothing to see here, move along!"