Author Topic: motorcyclist who taped cop  (Read 751 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
motorcyclist who taped cop
« on: September 27, 2010, 08:19:17 PM »
beats the taping charge   all hes got left is traffic charges and whatever his chain of command dishes out career wise

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/news/crime/blog/2010/09/motorcyclist_wins_taping_case.html

remains to see if legislature acts
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

HankB

• friend
Re: motorcyclist who taped cop
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2010, 08:27:57 PM »
The motorcyclist OUGHT to face the traffic charges - that was never a topic for serious debate.

But the actions of the LEO (brandishing a gun without making any attempt to identify himself) ought not go unpunished, even if it's only a formal letter of reprimand and a couple of weeks of mandatory anger management/use of force classes - to be completed on his own time, of course.

The invasion of the cyclist's home, seizure of his property, and bringing of the bogus charges ought to bring their own consequences against local LEOs, DA, and the (seemingly anonymous) judge who signed the warrant. My suggestion is that they ought to pay - personally - all court costs and lawyer's fees to defend against the bogus charges, as well as anything else connected with loss of income and such.

Fat chance.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2010, 09:26:37 PM »
I'm thinking that since this case made such a big splash regarding the Maryland wiretap laws as they (apparently do not/might not) apply to the police, the dismissal of the charges may result in a civil rights violation lawsuit.  The press has been looking for something like this in Maryland for quite some time.

[popcorn]

BTW - the driving charges have no bearing on the civil rights violations or wiretap law being negated wrt police and public fora.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

DonTron

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2010, 09:51:37 PM »
Interesting video.  All I see is a civilian with a handgun ordering a guy to get off his motorcycle.

Aren't LEO's required to show ID?

What would YOU do if an apparent civilian with a gun ordered you to get out of your car?

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2010, 09:52:46 PM »
at the risk of starting it all over again  you might wanna find the longer tape
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I