Author Topic: Democrats, don't insult the voters  (Read 835 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Democrats, don't insult the voters
« on: September 29, 2010, 11:10:17 AM »
http://www.cnn.com/2010/OPINION/09/29/rollins.democrats.voters/

The thread on Fox News reminded me of this link I saw this morning on (believe it or not) CNN's website. 

IMO, the rhetoric of the democrat leadership has gotten more and more dismissive and insulting at times the last couple years.  I think were it not for the Bush hatred of the last decade, we would likely have seen more of it. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
Re: Democrats, don't insult the voters
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2010, 03:15:12 PM »
Just last week, Kerry, the 2004 Democratic presidential candidate, implied the voters were too stupid to know what they are doing. "We have an electorate that doesn't always pay that much attention to what's going on, so people are influenced by a simple slogan rather than the facts or the truth or what's happening."

Simple slogans like "Hope and change"?

""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden