Author Topic: Widow shoots 12 year old boy. Boy Charged with Crime.  (Read 1156 times)

Desertdog

• friends
Widow shoots 12 year old boy. Boy Charged with Crime.
« on: September 29, 2010, 03:56:43 PM »
A sad story of a JD who thinks he is above reproch.  At least he is alive and may have learned a lesson, but with idiots like that, maybe not.

http://cbs2chicago.com/local/elderly.woman.shoots.2.1936778.html

BMacklem

Re: Widow shoots 12 year old boy. Boy Charged with Crime.
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2010, 08:39:52 PM »
I highly doubt he learned a thing, except how to survive a gunshot.
He'll wear it like a badge of honor, like all the thugs do now, and use it for street cred.
"Yeah what up punk, I gots shot when I was jus' a little punk, so what you gun' do?"
I can see it now, hopefully next time he'll just get it over with, and someone will finish the job.
I hate to be so crass, but "thugs" like that aren't worth the time and trouble of going to prison, as it sounds like being a JD is the only thing he knows, and is destined for a life of a hardened criminal.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2010, 08:52:28 PM »
This story may require more information for people to be able to relate solid opinions regarding the woman's choice to shoot, but I can tell you right now the kid's and his parents' story about "he was just walking along minding his own business" is bull****. He was one of those lame criminals who return to the scene of the crime.

Edited for sppeling
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 11:03:48 PM by Ben »
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2010, 09:33:42 PM »
Should we get her address and send her some ammo and a range membership?
I needed a mod to change my signature because the concept of "family friendly" eludes me.
Just noticed that a mod changed my signature. How long ago was that?
A few months-mods

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2010, 09:41:48 PM »
Sumdood's young relative needs to stay on the porch drinking milk, eating cookies and reading the Bible.  It aint safe to walk the streets.  [ar15]

There are times when the cops are just not going to do a whole lot when the folks in the hood decide that 'nuff is 'nuff.  I'm not saying I support that attitude.  But then again I'm not saying I oppose it.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2010, 12:13:26 AM »
My parents told me the story about some "bad boys" in my neighborhood when I was a little kid in a suburb of Rochester, NY.

There was a string of burglaries that apparently everyone knew who the culprit was but the cops couldn't (or couldn't be bother enough to) find enough evidence to arrest him.  So, given that there were numerous traditional Italian families in the neighborhood, several of those men set something of a trap.  They caught the kid red-handed.  Apparently they beat the crap out of him and left him.  They also informed him that if the burglaries didn't stop they wouldn't be so nice to him next time.  For some reason, there weren't any more burglaries.

Sounds like a similar "Come to Jesus" moment might have been beneficial to the choir boys in the OP.
Formerly sumpnz

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2010, 12:35:55 AM »
The relevant fact is that this took place in Chicago and the police:

a) Let granny walk, no charges,
b) Let her keep the gun, and
c) arrested the punks.

The Cubs may just win the World Series yet as Lucifer has icicles on his nose.....
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2010, 01:12:13 AM »
even if he was just walking by, he still deserves what he got ( according to the news, which as we know is always very accurate) [popcorn] :angel:

Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2010, 06:06:34 AM »
Should we get her address and send her some ammo and a range membership?

Maybe a trip to Gunsite, too....

I've worked with these types of kids most of my career....this was just a prelude to more evil acts...glad she acted before things got worse...
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

BMacklem

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2010, 08:33:11 AM »
Like I said though, you think the kid is gonna learn anything of value? Or is he going to use this to up his street cred?
It sounds like he doesn't have much of a self-preservation instinct, so I really think that he's going to end up dead sooner or later by violent means.