Author Topic: local potential congress critter  (Read 10499 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
local potential congress critter
« on: October 07, 2010, 11:34:41 PM »
local dem running for congress
http://www.krystalballforcongress.com/

non official photos
http://gawker.com/5657431/9-pictures-of-a-politician-sucking-a-dildo-attached-to-her-husbands-nose-+-gallery/

that sloshing sound is a campaign going around the bowl
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: local potential congress critter
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2010, 11:44:03 PM »
Well, her name is Krystal Ball, so no one was going to take her seriously, any way.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

• friends
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2010, 11:48:22 PM »
she did
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

Perd Hapley

• friend

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2010, 02:08:11 AM »
By all means, feel free to re-elect the incumbent.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2010, 04:52:05 AM »
Probably be more entertaining than that idiot Franken.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2010, 05:47:17 AM »
...and I'm sure no one here has any embarrassing pics of themselves at adult-only parties....  ;/

(Where is JamisJockey when you need him?....)
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

• friends
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2010, 06:04:15 AM »
i am too old  no cams back in the day!  thank god!

• friends
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2010, 06:20:23 AM »
at least she looks good in the pics

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2010, 07:00:45 AM »
...and I'm sure no one here has any embarrassing pics of themselves at adult-only parties....  ;/

Exactly.  I have a few female friends who have done similarly embarrassing, yet non immoral or illegal acts, yet would trust completely in a position of power and responsibility.

BTW, I had a hard time determining if she was a Republican or Democrat (FB page lists her as Democrat).  Her "issues" page is just about spot on with my beliefs (her 2nd Amendment statement: I am an NRA member and pledge to be a fierce advocate of an individual's right to bear arms.).

Based on what I see on her campaign page, I'd vote for her.

Chris

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2010, 08:53:39 AM »
BTW, I had a hard time determining if she was a Republican or Democrat

Which, this time around, means she's probably a D.

(FB page lists her as Democrat).  Her "issues" page is just about spot on with my beliefs (her 2nd Amendment statement: I am an NRA member and pledge to be a fierce advocate of an individual's right to bear arms.).

The mayor in our little city is running to unseat our US Rep (who I thoroughly approve of).  His position on the 2nd is nothing but weasel words, and his website nowhere mentions his party affiliation.  Thoroughly untrustworthy, IMHO.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

• friends
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2010, 09:14:05 AM »
Exactly.  I have a few female friends who have done similarly embarrassing, yet non immoral or illegal acts, yet would trust completely in a position of power and responsibility.

BTW, I had a hard time determining if she was a Republican or Democrat (FB page lists her as Democrat).  Her "issues" page is just about spot on with my beliefs (her 2nd Amendment statement: I am an NRA member and pledge to be a fierce advocate of an individual's right to bear arms.).

Based on what I see on her campaign page, I'd vote for her.

Chris

we have had a rash of pols like her  they claim to be independent or centrist dems to get elected  and then its only the nva refugees that make that happen  then they vote the straight dem party line.  we've been culling em after one term and they are whining.  shes got the backing from the culls and thats gonna cost her in this hood  we got rid of em for a reason.

this guy
http://www.robwittmanforcongress.com/

should whup her
seen as being more biz friendly
and her gun position is viewed by many here as a front
plus shes a total unknown politically

heres an odd factoid  the lady who wittman took over from when she died?  she defeated the former mayor of fredericksburg.  who was a dem i woulda voted for  black baptist preacher from texas  served 20 years as mayor  unopposed at least twice and was so strong no one was gonna run against him when he surprised everyone and ran for congress instead  and lost. his being elected in 76 was a big deal down here  or anywhere in va for that matter

http://www.shiloholdsite.org/history_davies_early.htm

was then and still is quite the remarkable man   a true leader
we could use a couple more here and there

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2010, 06:03:48 PM »
She's a cutie....but like CSAD says, most of the Dems that have been elected were elected as centrists and "blue dogs" and yet the vote all the big ticket items right down the party line.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2010, 06:09:08 PM »
Also note on her issues page, she's not mentioning cap and tax, health care, nor the environment.

From her Economy page
Provide a 50% cut in pay roll taxes for the first two years a small business starts up to make sure we have a system that encourages investment in our local economy.

So, two years after you start a business, your payroll taxes will jump 50%. What if your business hasn't grown?  yeah, brilliant. 

cutting middle class taxes
The middle class tax cuts are set to expire this year, raising taxes on our families. In these tough economic times we must keep the tax burden off of middle class families, so they can continue to feed their children and pay their mortgages. I will fight to keep these tax cuts for middle class families.

What she's not saying is that she plans on shifting the burden to people who aren't "middle class".  You know, the people who actually run businesses and hire the middle class....  :facepalm:
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2010, 06:15:46 PM »
Also note on her issues page, she's not mentioning cap and tax, health care, nor the environment.

From her Economy page
Provide a 50% cut in pay roll taxes for the first two years a small business starts up to make sure we have a system that encourages investment in our local economy.

So, two years after you start a business, your payroll taxes will jump 50%. What if your business hasn't grown?  yeah, brilliant. 

You would prefer no cut at all?  A 50% cut for two years is better than the current scenario, right?

cutting middle class taxes
The middle class tax cuts are set to expire this year, raising taxes on our families. In these tough economic times we must keep the tax burden off of middle class families, so they can continue to feed their children and pay their mortgages. I will fight to keep these tax cuts for middle class families.

What she's not saying is that she plans on shifting the burden to people who aren't "middle class".  You know, the people who actually run businesses and hire the middle class....  :facepalm:

You're right, she's not saying that.

Chris

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2010, 06:19:14 PM »
You would prefer no cut at all?  A 50% cut for two years is better than the current scenario, right?

You're right, she's not saying that.

Chris

1-Its a temporay fix.  Get you started with a business and paying payroll, but then a 50% jump in payroll taxes?  Only encourages people to start businesses, but not necessarily to keep employees after the payroll taxes go back up.

2-Its an implication. 
JD

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2010, 07:17:44 PM »
1-Its a temporay fix.  Get you started with a business and paying payroll, but then a 50% jump in payroll taxes?  Only encourages people to start businesses, but not necessarily to keep employees after the payroll taxes go back up.

Assuming permanent cuts aren't an option, are you saying you'd rather not have a temporary cut that would help someone getting started? You plan your business around the full tax burden, then use the 2yr cut to offset the expense of getting a business started.  I don't see the downside of that (assuming once again there is no alternative for a permanent cut).

Chris

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2010, 08:54:10 PM »
In general when you open a small business you had better have enough capital to survive at least 3 to 5 years with NO profit. It normally takes about that long to get your name out there and to be established in the community statistically speaking.
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2010, 10:14:24 PM »
Here is the incumbent's campaign web page.

http://www.robwittmanforcongress.com/on-the-issues.htm

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2010, 10:44:58 PM »
In general when you open a small business you had better have enough capital to survive at least 3 to 5 years with NO profit. It normally takes about that long to get your name out there and to be established in the community statistically speaking.

IIRC, the advice is to have the better part of six months to a year on hand. If I'd needed a 3-5 year cushion in 1987 when I opened my photo studio, that would have been about half a million dollars. Maybe more. I started with $40,000.

BridgeRunner

• friend
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2010, 10:49:26 PM »
I started out with a gainfully employed spouse.  That lasted about two months.   =|

• friends
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2010, 01:01:04 AM »
the other kiss of death for her is that her backing isn't local  even though she was raised here shes managed to be seen as representing outsiders

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2010, 09:42:54 AM »
IIRC, the advice is to have the better part of six months to a year on hand. If I'd needed a 3-5 year cushion in 1987 when I opened my photo studio, that would have been about half a million dollars. Maybe more. I started with $40,000.
You may be right, the old memory ain't what it used to be. I DO remember that it was a healthy chunk of change that was WAY outta MY reach....
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2010, 04:47:19 PM »
it's don't plan an making a profit in the first 2 years. and that's not counting what you pay yourself. =)

oh, and never hire a CPA, that hasn't pulled at least a year in the IRS. ;)

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2010, 06:47:58 PM »
Assuming permanent cuts aren't an option, are you saying you'd rather not have a temporary cut that would help someone getting started? You plan your business around the full tax burden, then use the 2yr cut to offset the expense of getting a business started.  I don't see the downside of that (assuming once again there is no alternative for a permanent cut).

Chris

I guess I'd just rather see the permanant cut...
JD