Author Topic: New Hampshire CPS takes baby from family because father is "Oath Keeper"  (Read 9853 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Only links I can find right now are WND or blogs.  Looking for a more reputable link to get the "other side" of the story.

At this point, for all I know the father was a raving puppy-pedophile and WND is cherry-picking the story.

But it bears monitoring.

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=213149

Synopsis:  Dana Bicford of NH CPS came to the hospital, with police, to take the newborn child of Jonathon Irish.  Her grounds?  He's a member of that evil organization "Oath Keepers," which is a militia, according to her (according to WND).

If true, creepy.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: New Hampshire CPS takes baby from family because father is "Oath Keeper"
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2010, 01:51:15 PM »
its not true

first hint  wnd

second clue  alex jones

http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=150687

has the usual raving  and then some links to real facts
you gotta register  and the politics forum has a password   its "freedom"

has links to actual court documents  new stories going back years

synopsis

hes a great guy  drugs statutory rape gun charges  shooting at mysterious invaders in his house  who are never found
and he was arrested for threatening to go columbine in high school
she had her other 2 kids taken cause hero kicked ones butt  the kids under 6  hes kicked her butt and failed to attend even one anger management class

how this guy can be a member of oath keepers is a bit murky as well
stewart rhodes is a moron for not saying  "nope  not one of us!" and moving on
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2010, 02:02:47 PM »
its not true

first hint  wnd

second clue  alex jones

You got the clues reversed in number.  Alex Jones should be #1.   Yea, WND has become suspect in recent years.  I don't know what happened to them.  I used to think they were Ok but got themselves screwed up over time, but I don't know if that's what happened, or they simply put in enough straight stories early on to make me think they were competent or straightforward.
Alex Jones has a great love of liberty  .... at the expense of good judgement (or his own twisted methodologies....).... and I would strongly encourage him to revamp and write for a new rendition of The Outer Limits .... or The Twilight Zone, both of which might be right up his alley.  [tinfoil] [tinfoil]
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

• friends
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2010, 02:06:00 PM »
i think wnd tries too hard to be the firstist with the worstist and neglects verification. they see zomg nwo when the mail man shows up and they have made their credibility almost nil. shame  cause they have done some stuff that was true  no one will believe it though
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

• friends
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2010, 07:16:44 PM »
oh and the legal paperwork thats been shown in partial view?  iis a motion for a change of venue

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2010, 08:16:03 PM »
Fact remains that "militia" was used as an excuse to take the baby. And THAT is a serious, serious issue.
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

• friends
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2010, 08:19:54 PM »
i take it you haven't read the court document yet?

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2010, 11:36:02 PM »
This is the statutory rape charge in question:

One of the juveniles, who was 14, told police she and Irish were boyfriend and girlfriend and had sexual intercourse at least 10 times since they started dating, according to the affidavit

Irish was 18 at the time. I see no mention of a conviction in the articles you linked. I wonder why.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

• friends
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2010, 11:37:58 PM »
if the case ended up in family court its hard to find
have YOU read the court document that had alex jones all aquiver?

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2010, 11:44:41 PM »
http://www.concordmonitor.com/article/219670/couple-state-took-our-baby

This is interesting.

Not only because of the domestic violence aspects... but because I'm only one degree of separation from the Ofer Nave guy.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Jocassee

• friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2010, 11:46:12 PM »
i take it you haven't read the court document yet?

I saw this story three days ago and knew it was going to be bumpy.

Obviously you don't get on CPS radar for being a nice person. Could very well be the child needed to be removed. But allow me to quote Mr. Rhodes (who, by the way, had a minor falling out with my "organization" so I'm not a huge fan of his either).

...regardless of the other allegations, it is utterly unconstitutional for government agencies to list Mr. Irish’s association with Oath Keepers in an affidavit in support of a child abuse order to remove his daughter from his custody.

• friends
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2010, 11:48:01 PM »
is the guy who abused the 2 year old in fact an "oath keeper"?  or is looking at and posting on their website all it takes to join?

• friends
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2010, 11:48:49 PM »
i take it thats a no?  as to looking at the actual court document?

• friends

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2010, 11:57:20 PM »
i take it thats a no?  as to looking at the actual court document?

I have looked at the court document. Doesn't look like the model citizen to me, but then, who knows.

Jocassee

• friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2010, 12:02:24 AM »
is the guy who abused the 2 year old in fact an "oath keeper"?  or is looking at and posting on their website all it takes to join?

That ^^ is an excellent question that I'm inclined to think you have the correct answer.

I don't care if the guy is an oathkeeper or not. I don't even care if he killed Mother Theresa.

Keep in mind there are some of us on this board a hell of a lot deeper in the militia movement than this guy ever was and this situation has ALL of us a little jumpy.

The most important thing to me is the justification of CPS actions that THEY gave.

I did not take the time to read the primary source.

EDITED for snark.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2010, 12:09:42 AM »

According to the Oath Keeper website, you don't need to be an LEO or military to join.

https://www.formstack.com/forms/?721615-lEe3sgs4Tc

• friends
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2010, 12:10:43 AM »
kicking a 2 year olds butt?  jails a special place for jonathan. his fiancee can mail him a dress and makeup.

his "affiliation" with oath keepers and his buying guns is relevant in 2 ways  one hes a prohibited person ala lautenberg  and his affiliation with a group that advocates semicivil disobediance is troubling given that hes a whack job with visions of columbine dancing in his drug addled brain.
stewart rhodes must need more press time   this may not work well for him.  he, and all folks associated with militias, needs to make sure they don't allow their image to be ruined by the nuts they attract   heck watching the steady flow of comments from their fan base that they have to edit out does them no good.

this guy makes the hutaree look very very good by comparison

what happened with them anyway?

• friends
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2010, 12:12:20 AM »
would being a child abusing mental patient make oath keepers less inclusive to you?

Jocassee

• friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2010, 12:13:38 AM »

this guy makes the hutaree look very very good by comparison

what happened with them anyway?

The fibbies exaggerated and manufactured the charges. They were all aquitted very quietly, if memory serves.

• friends
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2010, 12:17:00 AM »
not as of sept 22 they hadn't

http://www.freep.com/article/20100922/NEWS05/9220345/Throw-out-Hutaree-case-lawyers-ask

wishin/hopin don't make it so

• friends
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2010, 12:29:48 AM »
heck fire they can't even make bond

• friends
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2010, 12:36:39 AM »
re the hutaree

this seemed hopeful
http://scienceblogs.com/dispatches/2010/05/judge_prosecutors_clash_in_hut.php

but then 6 months later they are still in jail

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2010, 12:37:20 AM »
So, what of this stuff was he actually convicted of?

• friends
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2010, 12:40:02 AM »
hard to say  some types of court cases are not open   when they involve minors particularly

in the last things i can find he was sent for psych evaluation twice and thats where the news reports die out

is new hampshire a state with online access of case records?