Author Topic: New Hampshire CPS takes baby from family because father is "Oath Keeper"  (Read 9852 times)

MicroBalrog

• friend
Re: New Hampshire CPS takes baby from family because father is "Oath Keeper"
« Reply #50 on: October 12, 2010, 09:16:30 PM »
we don't really know that yet   without those documents the keen investigative journalists only read 2 pages of

And yet you go ahead and make a variety of assumptions.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #51 on: October 12, 2010, 09:48:31 PM »
And yet you go ahead and make a variety of assumptions.

yet we know a judge took those 2 kids away and it wasn't on a lark
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

• friends
« Reply #52 on: October 13, 2010, 01:06:10 AM »
from oath keepers

Relevance?

Whether it is a criminal or a civil proceeding, the political affiliations of the accused are both irrelevant and prejudicial.  For example, if I had a criminal defense client accused of beating his wife, what relevance would his NRA membership have to the question of whether he beat his wife?   And what relevance would there be if he were a Tea Party member, or belonged to a 912 group, or was a member of Rush Limbaugh fan club, or a member of Glen Beck’s “Insider Extreme” which includes a message board?   Or what if he were a member of the ACLU, or Answer, or ACORN, or Code Pink, etc.?  What relevance would any such associations have to the question of whether he assaulted his wife?   The political associations of the accused in a child endangerment case are no less irrelevant to the question of whether he or the mother are guilty or whether the child is endangered.

why hes mistaken

if your affiliations have a bearing on your likely hood to flee its relevant.   i worked for a guy whose conversion to orthodox jew was used in court to structure his visitation rights.  there was a fear he was gonna grab the kids and head to Israel with the kids.  mr irish's associations here are a similar concern.  and his past history of responsible gun ownership makes his guns and purchases a real issue. its funny  when you are a moron doing stupid human tricks they can haunt you in years to come.  things like statutory rape  multiple shootings  some in your house and all the usual detritus of better living through modern chemistry
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

BridgeRunner

• friend
« Reply #53 on: October 13, 2010, 12:56:41 PM »
if your affiliations have a bearing on your likely hood to flee its relevant.   i worked for a guy whose conversion to orthodox jew was used in court to structure his visitation rights.  there was a fear he was gonna grab the kids and head to Israel with the kids.  mr irish's associations here are a similar concern.  and his past history of responsible gun ownership makes his guns and purchases a real issue. its funny  when you are a moron doing stupid human tricks they can haunt you in years to come.  things like statutory rape  multiple shootings  some in your house and all the usual detritus of better living through modern chemistry

+1

Had a case locally very recently where a guy who ran with the wrong crowd had a slight oops.  Purported home invasion--multiple guys in broad daylight with people at home, in other words, quite likely a shakedown by the guy's associates or others in the illicit business.  Guy shot in the general direction of the intruders and killed a four year old.  CPS took the other kids, and rightly so.  Yes, they could have taken the kids because of the drug issue alone, but a petition should include a complete picture, and that includes listing everything that poses a substantial danger to the kids. 

Guns aren't bad.  Guns in conjunction with criminal activity and a history of poor judgment in using guns and associating with criminal types are bad.  On the petition, you list the the guns, the history of poor judgment using guns, the criminal activity, and the continuing association with criminal types.  Heck, that's two constitutionally protected rights.  But I'd love to see you guys try to argue that a guy stating "I am going to kill my wife/kid" repeatedly cannot be included in a CPS/DCYF petition because doing so violates the 1st amendment.  All rights are subject to reasonable limitation, including the RTKBA and the right to associate freely. 

Sure, OK is not a criminal organization.  But they are an organization that is likely to assist in undermining a DCYF investigation or provision of services (as indeed they seem to be doing) and they provide a possible/likely avenue for flight, as detailed by C&SD. 

• friends
« Reply #54 on: October 13, 2010, 02:37:22 PM »
i am left wondering is rhode's focus/obsession is so narrow that he couldn't see that.  Or if he just wanted to milk it for some press so he decided to exploit it.   hard to decide which is worse.  easy to decide which is more worthy of contempt

• friends
« Reply #55 on: October 17, 2010, 01:41:02 PM »
kid returned