Author Topic: New York City Fails to send overseas military their ballots... still  (Read 1544 times)

Ned Hamford

• friend
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/10/10/exclusive-new-york-violating-act/

By law they need to send the absentee ballots and have received multiple 'extensions' by the DOJ.  Not surprisingly, no substantive explanation has been offered by the transgressing officials.

I know there are a few districts in NY that have all their elections overseen by the Feds due to shenanigans in the 1960s [and paying a mint for the privileged]... Somehow I don't see that happening to NYC.  It would be amusing tho. 

It is quite frustrating that fraud/ect committed by gov officials often is 'resolved' with no personal penalties to them, but continuous suffering for their districts. 
Improbus a nullo flectitur obsequio.

HankB

• friend
Re: New York City Fails to send overseas military their ballots... still
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2010, 03:14:15 PM »
It is quite frustrating that fraud/ect committed by gov officials often is 'resolved' with no personal penalties to them, but continuous suffering for their districts. 
The transgressing officials OUGHT to suffer consequences, but don't feel TOO sorry for those in their districts - if they suffer enough, maybe they'll realize that who they elect DOES have consequences.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2010, 09:00:10 PM »
I wonder if the folks in charge of not sending out the ballots on time ever heard the story of the Battle of Athens, Tenneesse?  They might face something like that as troops are rotated out as units.

Wouldn't hurt my feelings one little bit.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2010, 11:58:14 PM »
The transgressing officials OUGHT to suffer consequences, but don't feel TOO sorry for those in their districts - if they suffer enough, maybe they'll realize that who they elect DOES have consequences.

Since it seems that the absnetee voters don't actually get a vote how does that work.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2010, 11:27:07 AM »
Since it seems that the absnetee voters don't actually get a vote how does that work.

Absentee voters return to CONUS.  Absentee voters go have a friendly visit with the election officials in charge of not sending the absentee ballots on time.  It may not effect the most recent election, but will probably have an effect on future elections.

In the meantime, will the non-absentee voters take any action wrt the essential disenfranchisement of the absentee voters?

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2010, 05:16:18 PM »
To screw our service men and women out of their RIGHT to vote in unconscionable! I would say let their vote count even if it IS late as it's not THEIR fault!
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2010, 08:21:14 PM »
Seems to me they're pissing off exactly the wrong people...
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2010, 01:47:12 AM »
Same problem here in Illinois.

I say ship the transgressors over to Afghanistan and let them walk point for a month or so.  If they survive, then allow them to come back to states.  Bet that FUBAR-Up never happens again
« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 01:39:43 PM by scout26 »
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2010, 11:36:24 AM »
Expect the results of this election to be challenged.  Suffrage as we have known it is in serious trouble.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2010, 05:05:48 PM »
I think the episode is one more example of how the constitution and its processes are held in contempt by our Betters.  Is voting a foundational block in the legitimacy of our government?  Naah, just one more obnoxious process that has to be diddle by the Betters to achieve their goals, whatever those goals may be. 
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2010, 09:29:18 PM »
Wonder what would happen if every NY resident currently serving in the military suddenly refused to follow orders and stopped fighting?.....

....and other soldiers from other states joined them in solidarity?.....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.