Author Topic: Way to go, Dick Baker, et al!! WIS Stat 941.23 ruled Unconstitutional!!  (Read 3474 times)

Thor

• friend
  • US Navy (retired)
Wis. Stat. 941.23 unconstitutional

* October 14th, 2010 12:56 pm CT

Sometimes life is funny. I doubt average people get out of bed in the morning thinking to them self, “today I think I’ll change the world”.

Average people however, do change the world.

The open carry effort in Wisconsin began in March of 2007 in a hotel meeting room in Sheboygan. Dick Baker who is an average guy had led the Wisconsin Concealed Carry Association for many years and he was disappointed Jim Doyle had been reelected. Dick was thinking it would be another four years before we had a chance to pass a concealed carry law. Dick did not recognize just how valuable Jim Doyle’s veto’s of two conceal carry bills were to changing Wisconsin and guaranteeing our carry rights.

We also had Wis. Stat 941.23 (the states open carry law), the Wisconsin Constitution Article 1, Section 25 (which protected the law per the Hamdan decision), and J B VanHollen as the new Attorney General.

Oh yes, we also had selective members of the law enforcement community with their elitist arrogance and contempt for and harassment of, law abiding citizens who wished to exercise their right to be safe.

Thousands of Wisconsin citizens have been trained since 2004 how to responsible carry and use lethal force. This knowledge had become extinct because the ability to carry had been destroyed by the elitist law enforcers and politicians.

These things taken as a whole were all we needed to start the wheels in motion in the right direction. The legislature could just sit this one out.

More Here
" a sword never kills anybody; it's a tool in the killer's hand." - Lucius Annaeus

for Military, Vets, & Supporters, check out:
USMILNET

Conservative Discussion Forum

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
Oh please, PLEASE let this go forward!
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
It would be fantastic to see this go forward. I'd love for pure constitutional carry to be Doyle's legacy. :)

I'm trying to figure out why Gene would name me in the article, though. He's a nice guy, but I don't fit the context of the article.

Thor

• friend
  • US Navy (retired)
As I interpreted it, it seems as if he considers you a leader in the WI CCW battle.
" a sword never kills anybody; it's a tool in the killer's hand." - Lucius Annaeus

for Military, Vets, & Supporters, check out:
USMILNET

Conservative Discussion Forum

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
He wasn't talking about you, Monkeyleg, he was talking about some guy named Dick Baker. Whoever that guy is, he sounds awesome!
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
Nah, he's a kinda weedy-looking older guy. I even hear one leg is a LOT hairier than the other... >:D
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
Thanks, Strings. It's nice to have friends. ;)

I hope the work we all did from 2001 to 2006 helped lay the groundwork for what's going on now. If nothing else, I hope we were able to raise awareness and make people realize that Wisconsinites were almost along in being prohibited from carry.

If not, well, that sure was a waste of time, and a huge cost to me in husband points. ;)

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
I just remembered the Vegas case (the pizza delivery driver). The case was dismissed at the circuit court level so that it never made it to the supreme court. Vegas' attorney thought that Milwaukee DA Chisolm and possibly Jim Doyle wanted it to be dismissed at the circuit court level because it was a strong challenge to 941.23.

If the Clark county DA is an anti, he can do the same thing and just let this slide.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
While circuit court decisions are not binding outside the circuit they were handed down in, they do drve the thinking of other judges.  The antis do not dare allow too many circuit decisions to stack up or the next defense lawyer to mention how everybody else is geting away with it is going to run up against a hard-line judge who will hand him an appeal on a golden platter.

It's an old RKBA tactic.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

grampster

• friend
That Dick has funny legs.  They look monkey like.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

stevelyn

• friend
Re: Way to go, Dick Baker, et al!! WIS Stat 941.23 ruled Unconstitutional!!
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2010, 12:37:31 AM »
Funny how two articles on the same story can come to polar opposite conclusions.

Of course I wouldn't expect anything less of huffpuke or Josh Sugarman.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/josh-sugarmann/activist-judge-rules-agai_b_764075.html

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-in-st-louis/a-wisconsin-judge-who-gets-it-about-the-right-to-self-defense
Be careful that the toes you step on now aren't connected to the ass you have to kiss later.

Eat Moose. Wear Wolf.