Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 40721 times)

Pharmacology

• friends
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #125 on: November 18, 2010, 08:03:42 PM »
War hammer?  Nah, all that swinging gets you tired fast

This is more like it:  http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n301/sircookiethepurevideo/P1060477.jpg

If anything, I would probably use a pole axe: http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n301/sircookiethepurevideo/CS%20pole%20Axe/P1060007.jpg

EDIt: Jeez, I can't believe how much younger I look in those photos.  What a difference a couple years the stress of a doctorate program makes.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 08:15:06 PM by Pharmacology »

erictank

• friends
« Reply #126 on: November 20, 2010, 09:39:59 AM »
Cool to hear! I've really been liking it.

Though I am trying to figure out why in the last episode neonazi biker didn't use the hacksaw on the 1/4" bolt his handcuffs were attached to.

He thought the zombies were JUUUST about to break through the door, I'd guess.  Didn't realize the door was securely chained and padlocked.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #127 on: November 20, 2010, 09:44:01 AM »
Didn't realize the door was securely chained and padlocked.

By George I think you've got it! I don't remember butterfingers telling him he chained the door up.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #128 on: November 20, 2010, 10:08:50 AM »
Just started watching my DVR'd episodes....in the middle of ep. 2 now....I'm hooked so far....

Now I'm motivated to make the leap into supressed firearms....just in case....  [tinfoil]
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #129 on: November 20, 2010, 10:28:10 AM »
By George I think you've got it! I don't remember butterfingers telling him he chained the door up.

Plus he was getting a little loopy by then.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #130 on: November 20, 2010, 01:32:51 PM »

It looked to me like whatever the chain was looped through was gradually breaking down.  Every time the zombies were shown whanging at the door, it was open a little farther.  Hence the, shall we say, "sense of urgency" on the part of the a**wipe biker.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #131 on: November 21, 2010, 11:16:57 PM »
Pure win tonight!

Spoiler alert!

Apocolypse poll:

Where would you and, say, a dozen survivors, choose to hole up?
Tonight defintely showed the suck of actually camping.  Indefensible position and no sentry combined for the double whammy.

I would probably go for a warehouse in a semi-rural setting.  Something that had a fence around the perimter.  Hack back any heavy vegetation to the perimeter.  If possible, hack back another hundred yards from the fence line. 
Depending on the size of the property, create an inner perimiter by using cars.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #132 on: November 22, 2010, 12:16:58 AM »
Definitely a building with strong walls. The gangbangers did a good job with theirs, other than that they were in the city. So yeah, something outside of populated areas. Two secure entry / egress points from the building, as well as two from whatever perimeter you erected around the building.

If I had to camp like those guys, I'd build myself a treehouse or even strap myself up in a tree at night to sleep. Or anchor a raft or the canoe in the lake at night and sleep there. Tents are not Zombie proof.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #133 on: November 22, 2010, 07:38:44 AM »
World War Z teaches us that walkers stumble about upon the lake bottoms and can climb anchor lines
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #134 on: November 22, 2010, 09:49:33 AM »
World War Z teaches us that walkers stumble about upon the lake bottoms and can climb anchor lines

I knew some wiseguy was gonna bring Brooks up. Don't you have a zombie escape bicycle to ride or something? :P  :laugh:

Zombie barrier on the anchor line.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #135 on: November 22, 2010, 10:12:27 AM »

I knew some wiseguy was gonna bring Brooks up. Don't you have a zombie escape bicycle to ride or something? :P  :laugh:

Zombie barrier on the anchor line.

New use for rat guards.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #136 on: November 22, 2010, 10:18:25 AM »
It would also help to organize zombie hunts to reduce zombie density in a specific are. There are obvious easy ways in which the zombies that exist in TWD can be hunted and killed by the hundreds by teams of 2- 3 people.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #137 on: November 22, 2010, 01:55:00 PM »
plus there campsite is within view of the city, like a park in suburbia or something-pretty dumb.

I knew when they're all around the campfire relaxing and laughing that the shaving creme would hit the fan.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #138 on: November 22, 2010, 04:21:18 PM »
It would also help to organize zombie hunts to reduce zombie density in a specific are. There are obvious easy ways in which the zombies that exist in TWD can be hunted and killed by the hundreds by teams of 2- 3 people.

Fire.  Lots of fire.
JD

HankB

• friend
« Reply #139 on: November 22, 2010, 05:03:05 PM »
I'm thinking the use of a 'scoped and suppressed .22 on a rooftop in the city with a case of ammo would help . . . one person can easily carry a case (5000 rds) of .22, and headshoot a LOT of zombies in a couple of hours.

Supply issues?

Somehow, unlike the TV show, I don't think the survivors would be those who started with little or no ammo . . .
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Lee

• friend
« Reply #140 on: November 22, 2010, 08:58:14 PM »
i finally watched this last night.  Compared to all the other crap on TV, it's actually pretty entertaining.  Usual TV/Movie logic lapses...but overall, pretty entertaining.  How can you go wrong with zombies eating people alive - and other people shooting the zombies in the brain.
It's a no-brainer.

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
« Reply #141 on: November 22, 2010, 11:14:21 PM »
I'm thinking the use of a 'scoped and suppressed .22 on a rooftop in the city with a case of ammo would help . . . one person can easily carry a case (5000 rds) of .22, and headshoot a LOT of zombies in a couple of hours.

Supply issues?

Somehow, unlike the TV show, I don't think the survivors would be those who started with little or no ammo . . .

I'm ready...

Iain

• friend
« Reply #142 on: November 23, 2010, 08:29:25 AM »
I do not like, when with me play, and I think that you also

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #143 on: November 23, 2010, 10:48:52 AM »
I'm ready...

I need to get me one of those......Savage or Marlin?.....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
« Reply #144 on: November 23, 2010, 10:55:55 AM »
Savage MkII.  This is the one I had PTK shorten and thread for me.  Stuck my Tactical Innovations Stratus suppressor on it.  I've only put 20 rounds through it after I got it back 2 weeks ago.  It took me 10 rounds to get it zero'd and then I put another 10 rounds in a ragged nickel sized hole at 50 yards.  When it is warm enough that I'm not shivering uncontrollably I'll give it a serious run trying a variety of rounds for accuracy.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 11:09:03 AM by 41magsnub »

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #145 on: November 24, 2010, 01:34:40 AM »

Supply issues?

not only that, but what? you tellin me that all those military vehicles and gunstores are empty of guns/ ammo? & cars- if it really is indeed the zombie apoc then there is guns/gas/ammo all over the place.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #146 on: November 24, 2010, 08:49:43 AM »
not only that, but what? you tellin me that all those military vehicles and gunstores are empty of guns/ ammo? & cars- if it really is indeed the zombie apoc then there is guns/gas/ammo all over the place.

First thing I would do it go to a hardware store and promote a gas powered quickie saw.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #147 on: November 24, 2010, 10:02:21 AM »

Yeah, that's another nit to pick if we're picking nits. Besides cop stations, I doubt Georgia is low on guns. :)

If I didn't have any, I'd hit the suburb / rural areas and do a house to house.

Pharmacology

• friends
« Reply #148 on: November 26, 2010, 12:47:13 AM »
I just don't understand how those dudes in the tanks went down.  ???

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #149 on: November 26, 2010, 09:16:08 AM »
Ran out of gas would be the obvious answer. 

Wasn't it after hurricane Ike that a bunch of states ran out of gas?
All it takes is for the refineries to shut down, and then the trucks to stop moving it.
Couple that with high demand of massive evacuations of cities.  Anyone who's not affected is running. 
As far as guns and ammo, yeah, it should be everywhere. 
Plot may not be bedrock solid, but its a whole hell of a lot better than the movie I watched last night.  Avatar.   [barf]
JD