Author Topic: just how dumb do they think folks are?  (Read 1819 times)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
just how dumb do they think folks are?
« on: October 19, 2010, 06:24:30 PM »
The Virginia Beach Republican Party chairman has resigned his post over a racist joke forwarded from his e-mail account.

http://hamptonroads.com/2010/10/beach-gop-chairman-agrees-resign-over-racist-email

VIRGINIA BEACH

The city's Republican chairman agreed to resign late Monday night, just hours after a racist joke sent from his e-mail address surfaced.

David Bartholomew is not a racist and agreed to resign because the e-mail had become a distraction to the Nov. 2 election, said Gary Byler, the 2nd Congressional District GOP chairman, after meeting with Bartholomew.

The e-mail was dated March 15 and sent from the address that Bartholomew uses as party chairman. Bartholomew forwarded it without reading the contents when "he was first getting familiar with the Internet," Byler said.

The e-mail, which was sent to a handful of people, describes a man trying to get welfare benefits for his dog.

"My Dog is black, unemployed, lazy, can't speak English and has no frigging clue who his Daddy is," the e-mail states.

Byler said Bartholomew was "horrified" by the e-mail.

"Events of the past few hours have been devastating to David Bartholomew. Anyone who knows chairman Bartholomew knows he's unbiased," Byler said.

The best part of this tempest in a teacup is the Va. Beach Repub. Party explanation that Bartholomew's forwarding of the email was part of his "trying to familiarize himself with the internet."

Uh huh!  Yep!  Sure!

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

RaspberrySurprise

• friend
  • Yub yub Commander
Re: just how dumb do they think folks are?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2010, 08:14:04 PM »
It's possible he really is that stupid. That said if he is that dumb then why should we elect him to office?
Look, tiny text!

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2010, 08:55:05 PM »
McCain is/was not down with the email. They say he can't work a mouse or type very well, due to injury.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2010, 08:57:52 PM »
^^

Maybe because all the "smarter" ones have royally screwed up this country? 
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 09:01:06 PM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2010, 08:59:47 AM »
Nice try, folks.

As Chairman of the city's Republican Party Bartholomew was responsible for communicating with a wide variety of people.  Emails were a regular part of his daily experience.  He has sent, received and forwarded literally hundreds of emails since taking the position as head of the city Party.

And even if he truely had no skilz using the internet, why would he choose that particular item to "familiarize" himself with the concept of forwarding email?  Sorry, but I cannot see him as being so dumb as to not realize that the particular item, no matter how much it tickled his personal funny bone, might be seen by some others as offensive.  Virginia Beach politics - even Republican Party politics - has been through too much for too long wrt the Race Card being thrown down at every opportunity.  Acording to one of my sources, there is even "training" on the issue of maintaining social appropriateness in comments that might even appear to be referencing African Americans.

The excuse being offered just will not wash.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2010, 09:26:35 AM »
all humor is racist
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

Antibubba

• friend
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2010, 09:43:18 AM »
The internet allows more people to be way dumber in a fraction of the time it did in the old days.

Here's to progress!
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2010, 01:21:42 PM »
Never put anything on the web that you wouldn't want your mother to see.

And yes, my mom monitors my on-line activities through my sister.

[Waves]  Hi Kelly !!!!!
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2010, 01:36:40 PM »
Never put anything on the web that you wouldn't want your mother to see.

And yes, my mom monitors my on-line activities through my sister.

[Waves]  Hi Kelly !!!!!

I made a positive comment about the church my wife went to until we got married and she moved away on this board.  Someone from the church saw it and forwarded it to the preacher, who mentioned it the next time I was at a Sunday service.  It took me a few minutes to realize what he was talking about.  [tinfoil]

Chris

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2010, 04:45:55 PM »
the prudent man has at least 7 boxies between him and the innertubez
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"