Author Topic: An open letter about the NoZe Brothers. Re: Rand Paul  (Read 2148 times)

xavier fremboe

• friends
  • All-American Meanie
    • The Shop
An open letter about the NoZe Brothers. Re: Rand Paul
« on: October 20, 2010, 01:30:44 AM »
I graduated from Baylor in '90 with a degree in English Lit.  Personally, and to my great shame, I didn't have the stones to go through UnRush.  My roommate did.  It consisted of some drunken hazing with pressure for him to "Be Funny!" while people were yelling at him.  Was he a brother?  I don't know.  There was honor back then.  He either wasn't, or he was.  He was funny enough, and accused me, but I wasn't.

I met some later.  They were funny, too.  UnChristian?  No.  I'd say absolutely irreverent.  Completely equal opportunity mocking.  Baylor is the largest Baptist School in the US.  Finding out about a NoZe event prior to announcement was a guaranteed date.

Let me put it another way...

If Rand Paul was, in fact, a NoZe Brother, I have new respect for him.  This is not Skull and Bones inbreeding here.  He had to make it on his own.  Skull and Bones is fecking creepy weird.  The supposedly have robbed graves, and if you voted R or D in 2004, you had no choice but a Bonesman, IIRC.

The fact that Rand Paul might be a NoZe brother means that he's funny.  It means he can be funny under pressure.  Under adverse circumstances, one might say.

I, myself, am not a Christian, but I respect the beliefs of the religion.  I've studied it far more after getting a degree from Baylor than I did during my not-so-stellar career as a student there.  If Rand Paul was a NoZe Brother, and is a Christian now, he was funny then, and maligned now.

Personally, I think his opponent is taking a cheap shot.  To the point of trying to make pennies into dollars.  I'll put it more succinctcly.  It's total fu\*cking bulls~it
If the bandersnatch seems even mildly frumious, best to shun it.  Really. http://www.cctplastics.com

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Re: An open letter about the NoZe Brothers. Re: Rand Paul
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2010, 02:40:30 AM »
I've said it before and I'll say it again.  In high screwl and college most folks are still stupid teenagers.  As long as you committed no felonies that hurt other people and only did goofy stuff, then you get a pass.

Those years are for growing and learning, the best way to learn is through experience and experimentation.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2010, 06:07:34 AM »
I graduated Baylor in 1994. If Rand Paul was a NoZe Brother, my respect for him has just doubled...

Noze isn't anti-Christian....it's anti-stodginess and anti-hypocracy....great qualities in a representative....

:cool:
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2010, 10:08:26 AM »
I graduated from A&M in 96 and I have never heard of the NoZe Brothers.  I didn't even know the guy went to Baylor.  I could care less.  I can forgive quite a bit if someone is for less taxes and smaller govt and actually does it.

In the same vain, In 2000, I didn't care about W. Bush's DUI from 20 or 30 years ago, but I was surprised how many people thought that was important. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

xavier fremboe

• friends
  • All-American Meanie
    • The Shop
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2010, 12:04:23 PM »
I graduated from A&M in 96 and I have never heard of the NoZe Brothers.  I didn't even know the guy went to Baylor.  I could care less.  I can forgive quite a bit if someone is for less taxes and smaller govt and actually does it.

In the same vain, In 2000, I didn't care about W. Bush's DUI from 20 or 30 years ago, but I was surprised how many people thought that was important. 

I actually had no idea he went to Baylor either.  Heard an NPR softball piece with his opponent on the way home referring to the anti-Christian organization he belonged to and felt compelled to write.

I'm just glad the NoZe Brothers aren't anti-Muslim.  They'd have to disguise themselves to conceal their identities.  Oh.  Wait a minute...
If the bandersnatch seems even mildly frumious, best to shun it.  Really. http://www.cctplastics.com

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2010, 06:02:23 PM »
I graduated from A&M in 96 and I have never heard of the NoZe Brothers. 

And now everyone noze about it.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife