Author Topic: Rachel Corrie Lawsuit  (Read 4494 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Rachel Corrie Lawsuit
« on: October 22, 2010, 11:06:22 AM »
I had no idea that Rachel Corrie's family was still pursuing a lawsuit against Israel. I never want to wish harm on anyone, but what happened to her was her own fault. All the lawsuits in the world won't change it. It was interesting that the dozer operator was being taken to task for "not remembering" exactly everything that happened after six years had gone by.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/world/la-fg-israel-corrie-20101022,0,1110771.story

For those who don't know, this person:

was run over trying to stop one of these by standing directly in front of it:
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Re: Rachel Corrie Lawsuit
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2010, 11:57:39 AM »
Charles Darwin's theories in action.

Hmm, I wonder what this ISM activist means by her T-shirt?

Some more here:
http://zombietime.com/nakba-60/
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2010, 01:15:46 PM »
all hail st pancake
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2010, 01:20:10 PM »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they (her family) hold a dinner to remember her on the anniversary of her death or so...a pancake dinner? :laugh: =D
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2010, 02:23:27 PM »
Yep, IIRC it was at the local IHOP !!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2010, 02:29:43 PM »
Looking at those bulldozer tracks, the Waffle House would have been better.   =D :lol:
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2010, 04:21:23 PM »
Stupid hurts.  Unfortunately for her she found out just how much.

From what I've read of her parents the apple didn't fall too far from the tree.  Guess some folks are just lucky enough to escape the consequences of their stupidity.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2010, 06:13:56 PM »
My bad, the St. Pancake Memorial Breakfast wasn't at the International House of Pancakes, it was at Denny's.  Although I think IHOP would have been a more (in)appropriate venue. ;/

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/weblog/?entry=19533_The_Rachel_Corrie_Pancake_Breakfast&only
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2010, 10:35:24 AM »
Is this wrong?  =D

AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Ned Hamford

• friend
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2010, 12:36:09 PM »

This would be adorable if it wasn't true.  Brainwashed from birth...
Improbus a nullo flectitur obsequio.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2010, 01:39:23 PM »
I am also a revolutionary. I hope you are, too.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2010, 02:33:32 PM »
That image brings a little reality to the whole anti-war canard of "sending our children to die in the Middle East." Tee-hee.

And I think we all know how that picture would be interpreted by the gov-media complex, were it taken at a militia event.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2010, 05:00:49 PM »

This would be adorable if it wasn't true.  Brainwashed from birth...

is that st pancake as a child?
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Ned Hamford

• friend
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2010, 09:19:04 PM »
No, just a child whose parents took her to the latest protest event and dressed her up.
Improbus a nullo flectitur obsequio.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2010, 11:25:44 PM »
Geez, you look at the size of that bulldozer, the bulletproof glass in the cab and then the cage surrounding the cab, it is a wonder the operator can see anything.  You would not feel the slightest bump running over a human in that thing.  Although it would be pretty cool to have a M2 on a pintle mount on the cab.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2010, 05:11:31 AM »
Geez, you look at the size of that bulldozer, the bulletproof glass in the cab and then the cage surrounding the cab, it is a wonder the operator can see anything.  You would not feel the slightest bump running over a human in that thing.  Although it would be pretty cool to have a M2 on a pintle mount on the cab.

They put FN-MAGs on them in remote weapons stations. Know a guy whose uncle killed a terrorist with it Defensive Wall/Homat Magen.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2010, 09:59:41 AM »
Geez, you look at the size of that bulldozer, the bulletproof glass in the cab and then the cage surrounding the cab, it is a wonder the operator can see anything.  

I operated D9s and D11s when I worked at the county dump. It's hard enough to see out of a civilian version.Can't recall exactly anymore, but I would say anything that's closer than around 30' in front of you is in one of your many blind spots.

I just ran those smaller dozers as part of the maintenance crew. The regular operators, that buried the trash, operated D13s. We had two fatalities with the D13s in the six years that I worked there. Once one of our guys, a spotter for telling the public and the trash trucks where to dump, and to, ironically, keep people out of the way of the dozers, saw something bright and shiny in a trash pile. He tried to beat the dozer to pull it out before it was buried. He lost. Witnesses said he saw the dozer at the last second and tried to get away, but appeared to trip in the refuse pile and fell. The dozer, while backing up, ran over his head. The other death was a trash truck "swamper". He also saw something he wanted to salvage out of a pile of trash. While he was trying to pull it out, a dozer hit the pile from the other side to bury it. He got buried too.

Neither operator saw a thing as both individuals got into the "kill zone" inside the ample blind spots. Reports were that lots of people were screaming to get the operators' attention, but it's kind of loud inside one of those things.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."