Author Topic: Obama's trip to Mumbai - and he says we are consumed by fear!  (Read 3453 times)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Obama's trip to Mumbai - and he says we are consumed by fear!
« on: October 24, 2010, 11:41:00 AM »
http://sadhillnews.com/2010/10/23/obama-books-entire-taj-mahal-hotel-teleprompter-junkie-fears-missiles-and-spiked-food

Regarding his upcoming trip to Mumbai, India:
The President will be accompanied by his chefs, not because he would not like to savour Indian cuisine, but to ensure his food is not spiked.

And he calls us "filled with fear"?

I'm thinking someone has slipped a gear or two and actually thinks Obama is some reincarnated emperor or suchlike.

I'm not sure we can afford to have him go visit anywhere.  And I'm pretty sure the places he's going for visits cannot afford him.

If he needs this level of "security" he ought to be staying at home in a bunker - sort of like the one they have at FCI ADX, Florence, Colorado?  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ADX_Florence

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

MicroBalrog

• friend
Re: Obama's trip to Mumbai - and he says we are consumed by fear!
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2010, 03:28:08 PM »
Standard in Presidential travel, AFAIK.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

taurusowner

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2010, 03:40:58 PM »
Presidents have been having their owns chefs make their meals for decades, if not centuries.  This is really a non-issue.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2010, 03:47:24 PM »
He doesn't want to end up throwing up in front of foreign dignitaries. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2010, 04:51:19 PM »
Maybe he learned a lesson from eating Michelle's cooking.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2010, 06:06:14 PM »
Instead of worrying about Obama's cuisine, wouldn't it be more practical if we could find a way to lock the door while Obama is in Mumbai so he can't get back in?  [tinfoil] :laugh: [popcorn] [popcorn] =D
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

brimic

• friends
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2010, 08:48:46 PM »
Obama must not like Indians much- he doesn't want any around him on his trip to India :lol:
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2010, 01:46:31 AM »
Why didn't he send his Sec. of State?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1Mq8kOXV_E
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Chuck Dye

• friend
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2010, 07:04:55 AM »
Having endured the traffic hassles (I usually need 7 gears to reach 25mph) of presidential and vice-presidential visits to various cities, I'd just as soon see the so-and-sos kept inside the beltway. 
Gee, I'd love to see your data!

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2010, 12:08:49 PM »
Instead of worrying about Obama's cuisine, wouldn't it be more practical if we could find a way to lock the door while Obama is in Mumbai so he can't get back in?  [tinfoil] :laugh: [popcorn] [popcorn] =D

Maybe we could require he have a US passport?

IIRC, you have to show your birth certificate to get one. :angel:

ETA:  Makes me wonder...  Is Air Force 1 considered American "soil?"  Even when flying?  When it touches down somewhere in the US, is it subject to customs?
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2010, 06:36:22 PM »
Maybe we could require he have a US passport?

IIRC, you have to show your birth certificate to get one. :angel:

ETA:  Makes me wonder...  Is Air Force 1 considered American "soil?"  Even when flying?  When it touches down somewhere in the US, is it subject to customs?

I'm pretty sure Hillary saw to it that he was issued a diplomatic passport - just to make sure she did not get sent to some places she might really get shot at.

And diplomats get so many exemptions from customs to astound the unaware.  It's one of the few "customs" I find hard to argue against, even knowing all the problems it creates.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.