Author Topic: Just because you are in the band doesn't mean you are smart  (Read 1467 times)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Just because you are in the band doesn't mean you are smart
« on: October 28, 2010, 08:41:25 AM »
http://www.noisecreep.com/2010/10/27/the-ocean-robbed-fake-cops-spain/?icid=main%7Chtmlws-main-n%7Cdl2%7Csec3_lnk2%7C180537

The band was initially pulled over [by] two people in a black BMW who identified themselves as police officers. One of the impersonators asked the band to see their merchandise money. "When we showed them the merch wallet, the guy reached through the open window, seized it and ran back to the BMW in front of us, where his colleague was waiting with the engine running," the band said in a press release.

I admit I've never been in a band, so I've got to ask.  Do they really keep a separate wallet to hold the money they rake in from selling merchandise?  Is there some EU rule that requires them to do that?  (Yes, I could easily believe that if someone told me there was such a rule.)

But believing that cops - even EU Spanish cops - conduct financial investigations on the side of the road?  Not hardly.

If you donate 5 Euros along with purchasing their CD they will send you a copy of the police report (that they apparently filed after being robbed by the fake cops) signed by the members of the band.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
Re: Just because you are in the band doesn't mean you are smart
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2010, 09:49:31 AM »
IIRC the term 'wallet' is has a slightly different connotation there, something along the lines of bank/deposit bag.

The thread title had me thinking along the lines of Spinal Tap.  "Most amps only go to ten.  This one's louder because it goes to 11, see."

Brad
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 12:42:06 PM by Brad Johnson »
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2010, 07:47:00 PM »
Ten to 11 Watts?  Wow.  That's a whole 0.4 dB.  Wow!

Yeah, I know.  Subdivide the dial into 12 parts and it would even be louder  --0.8 dB.  Twice as loud!
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 07:54:28 PM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2010, 08:46:59 PM »
I have a tee shirt I bought in Newport for like $1.99. it has ans "11" on it in a circle and the circle has wings. Turns out it's some famous old time race car driver's logo but that's another story.

I wear it to my pistol matches for good luck and tell everybody, "Screw 10s, I'm here to shoot 11s!"

Funny huh?  :lol:  ;/

The best part is people recognize the logo and comment on it but I have absolutely no idea who the driver is. I just nod and smile.  :cool:
Avoid cliches like the plague!

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2010, 09:12:26 PM »
Cabbage Point Killing Machine would never fall for that crap.
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

Tuco

• Fastest non-sequitur in the West.
  • friends
  • If you miss you had better miss very well
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2010, 09:03:41 AM »
We may be sucking back a few beers a little later on. We'll be here all night. You see, we're the band.

But these go to "eleven"...
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 10:29:02 AM by Tuco »
7-11 was a part time job.

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2010, 10:15:19 AM »
Cabbage Point Killing Machine would never fall for that crap.

+1
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.