Author Topic: news from where Britain (not even formerly Great anymore) used to be  (Read 704 times)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
http://www.dailyexpress.co.uk/posts/view/208954

FRENCH military chiefs are to take command of British troops, including the elite SAS, in an unprecedented defence pact to be unveiled today.

Troops from both sides of the English Channel are to serve side by side in a “combined joint expeditionary force” from next year.

More details at the link.  English military and veterans are upset.  French surrender flag industry goes into overdrive.  Argentines lick chops over Falklands.

Apparently budget cuts on both sides of the Channel have convinced the bean counters that two half-armies are as good as one.

We need to divert the SS ASP from pirate patrol to picking up English survivors and "interning" them in the USA.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Iain

• friend
Re: news from where Britain (not even formerly Great anymore) used to be
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2010, 05:37:16 AM »
Hmm, the Tory-Lib coalition is throwing a lot of stuff out at the moment. Most of it seems rather half-baked.

Labour - insanity we can't afford. Conservatives - insanity we can afford.
I do not like, when with me play, and I think that you also

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2010, 06:02:34 AM »

FRENCH military chiefs are to take command of British troops, including the elite SAS, in an unprecedented defence pact to be unveiled today.

At first glance, I thought it said French military chefs.....certainly would seem more plausable....and a vast improvement on English table fare....  :laugh:
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2010, 01:20:17 PM »
I wonder if the government of the Falklands is hiring mercenaries. I've always wanted to visit there.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design