Author Topic: Weird Android OS Mail Question  (Read 587 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Weird Android OS Mail Question
« on: November 06, 2010, 10:09:45 AM »
I posted this on Phandroid a while back but got zero answers. Since it may relate to broader IT issues I thought I'd ask you guys who are smarter than me.

On my HTC EVO with the default HTC mail program (which I otherwise REALLY like and would hate to change), I cannot get certain digitally signed emails. When I try to download them, I get the message, "This mail is still on the server". This happens with email I get from  .mil accounts. At first I thought it was some weird .mil security restriction, but I can read these same emails fine on my .gov computer as well as my home computers. For kicks, I sent myself an unencrypted email with an open PGP sig, and lo and behold, that won't download to the phone either, so it appears to have something to do with secure sigs.

The weird thing is I have a friend with a Droid X and she gets these same emails just fine. She's on Verizon and I'm on Sprint, so that might have something to do with it. Otherwise I'm stumped. There's nothing in mail settings that I can see that would be related.

Any ideas?

EDIT: I should mention the mail app is setup with my work account on IMAP / SMTP with SSL incoming.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 10:14:48 AM by Ben »
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."