Author Topic: Pelosi to Clyburn - "Be Assistant Leader"  (Read 2062 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Pelosi to Clyburn - "Be Assistant Leader"
« on: November 14, 2010, 10:18:39 AM »
I guess "Assistant Leader" was all she could use since "Assistant Fearless Leader" was already taken. Does anyone else think this sounds like, "Be my secretary?" If I were Clyburn, I would have told her to pound sand.

I'm glad this is happening though. Nothing could be better than having Pelosi continue in the Democratic spotlight.

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/129035-new-no-3-leadership-spot-for-clyburn-averts-dem-battle
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
Re: Pelosi to Clyburn - "Be Assistant Leader"
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2010, 10:45:41 AM »
Will she still demand her own jetliner as minority leader?

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2010, 12:47:58 PM »
Will she still demand her own jetliner as minority leader?

I wouldn't put it past her to at least make the suggestion.  It would be denied, of course.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

dm1333

• friend
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2010, 01:06:18 PM »
The Dems are also going to be handing out participation trophies at the end of the season.  :laugh:

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
  • Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2010, 10:20:15 PM »
Since she's still driving, and the other guy is riding shotgun, hasn't she just told Clyburn he can come along but he has to ride in back?
"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2010, 04:36:50 PM »
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2010, 06:11:29 PM »
a golf course, and a pic of nancy bending over would have made that pic MUCH better.

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2010, 06:13:50 PM »
a golf course, and a pic of nancy bending over would have made that pic MUCH better.

[barf]
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2010, 08:59:53 PM »
lol, i take it you have the mental image backwards? i was thinking a golfer(preferably tiger) getting ready to launch the waste of skin over a cliff. :laugh:

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2010, 09:11:03 PM »
Well, looks like Pelosi in the leadership role is a done deal, though apparently the Democratic Black Caucus isn't too happy about it.

I'm delighted though. :)
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2010, 10:02:34 PM »
Racist.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife