Author Topic: Chawlay Wrangle - Convict  (Read 2021 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Chawlay Wrangle - Convict
« on: November 16, 2010, 02:04:48 PM »
http://thehill.com/homenews/house/129407-house-ethics-panel-convicts-rangel-on-multiple-counts

Three possible resolutions:
1 - Censure.  Whooptidoo.
2 - Reprimand.  Another Whooptidoo.
3 - Expulsion.

Evidently the House ethics panel can also impose fines or strip him of seats on committees.

Fines?  Seriously?

Can he pay those out of his PAC funds? ;/

Or maybe his savings from not paying income taxes?   :mad:

Censure and Reprimand do nothing.  They set no precedent or example.

Expulsion is the only responsible option.

Takes 2/3 of the House agreeing on that, though.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

dogmush

• friend
Re: Chawlay Wrangle - Convict
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2010, 02:28:51 PM »
Censure and Reprimand do nothing.  They set no precedent or example.

Oh, they'd set a precedent alright, just not one you like.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2010, 02:25:45 PM »
is someone confused about the difference between the hill panels report and a real court action? i hope we see him convicted but expect him to stall long enough to croak
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2010, 05:53:24 PM »
Rangel croaks every time he opens his mouth.  =)
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2010, 04:36:53 PM »
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/130001-rangel-gets-emotional-in-speech-before-ethics-panel

Censure.  Whooptido.

However, I think the House is in a hurry to do this now before the swing in leadership in January, when the Tea Party Republicans take over.  They would go beyond Censure, I think, but won't touch the matter if the Dems "already addressed it."

Short of expulsion, censure is the most serious sanction the ethics panel can recommend.

Forgot to add:  ... that has no repercussions.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Bob F.

• friend
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2010, 08:46:32 PM »
"I'm not corrupt!"

"No, you're an F'ing thief!"

Sorry. He's a thief. And a politician; but I repeat myself!

Bob
"I always have my primary weapon, it's right between my ears."

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2010, 09:47:43 PM »
They are going to give him a firm dressing down in front of his peers. And he's asking for mercy like it's a death sentence.

And we wait to see if he has to pay seventeen years worth of penalties and interest.  =D  =D  =D  :lol:  :lol:  =|  =(  :'(

That was just too funny.

jim

Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2010, 10:48:19 PM »
seeing rangel on tv, has been bringing a Psalm to mind. >:D i'll leave any translating to those that are better at it. :angel:

Psa 5:1  To the chief Musician upon Nehiloth, A Psalm of David. Give ear to my words, O LORD, consider my meditation.
Psa 5:2  Hearken unto the voice of my cry, my King, and my God: for unto thee will I pray.
Psa 5:3  My voice shalt thou hear in the morning, O LORD; in the morning will I direct my prayer unto thee, and will look up.
Psa 5:4  For thou art not a God that hath pleasure in wickedness: neither shall evil dwell with thee.
Psa 5:5  The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity.
Psa 5:6  Thou shalt destroy them that speak leasing: the LORD will abhor the bloody and deceitful man.
Psa 5:7  But as for me, I will come into thy house in the multitude of thy mercy: and in thy fear will I worship toward thy holy temple.
Psa 5:8  Lead me, O LORD, in thy righteousness because of mine enemies; make thy way straight before my face.
Psa 5:9  For there is no faithfulness in their mouth; their inward part is very wickedness; their throat is an open sepulchre; they flatter with their tongue.
Psa 5:10  Destroy thou them, O God; let them fall by their own counsels; cast them out in the multitude of their transgressions; for they have rebelled against thee.
Psa 5:11  But let all those that put their trust in thee rejoice: let them ever shout for joy, because thou defendest them: let them also that love thy name be joyful in thee.
Psa 5:12  For thou, LORD, wilt bless the righteous; with favour wilt thou compass him as with a shield.

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2010, 05:15:14 PM »
OMG, i holyed a thread. =(

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2010, 11:21:25 PM »
Did any of Rangle's "mistakes" rise to the level of criminal activity. If so what are the odds of any prosecution?

ROFL
ROFL
ROFL...
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams