Author Topic: Why do they hate the taxpayers so much?  (Read 3440 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Why do they hate the taxpayers so much?
« on: November 16, 2010, 03:35:35 PM »
http://www.heraldnews.com/news/x290098837/Massachusetts-governors-second-term-will-push-tuition-for-illegal-immigrants

Mass-hole governor Devall Patrick wants to give in-state tuition to illegal aliens.

He wants to subsidize the education of law-scoffers from out of the country, on the backs of Massachusetts tax payers.  He wants to say that out-of-country law-scoffers are more welcome in MA schools than the students of neighboring States.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
Re: Why do they hate the taxpayers so much?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2010, 03:46:25 PM »

They're already doing that in California, as long as the illegal alien has been a resident for at least 3 years.

:mad:

"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2010, 11:09:04 PM »
"As California goes so goes the nation"

Much as I hate to say this about my old home state of CA; I hope it either becomes an island or Mexico finishes the invasion.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2010, 01:03:24 PM »
"As California goes so goes the nation"

Much as I hate to say this about my old home state of CA; I hope it either becomes an island or Mexico finishes the invasion.
No, Texas is not going to go the way of California. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

HankB

• friend
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2010, 03:41:43 PM »
No, Texas is not going to go the way of California. 
Texas gives in-state tuition discounts to illegal aliens, too. IIRC, it was Rick Perry who signed this abomination into law.  [barf]
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2010, 04:14:48 PM »
You know the reason: future Dem voters.

And hatred of the old legacy "Anglo" values.

It wouldn't surprise me to see the DREAM Act pushed through the lame-duck session.  I still expect the immigration issue to be the one that rives this nation to the core.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2010, 02:05:32 PM »
i thought we wanted educated folks who could be part of the american dream and not just laborers who are an alleged drain on our system.  i mean isn't this for kids that graduated high school here?
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2010, 02:30:53 PM »
i thought we wanted educated folks who could be part of the american dream and not just laborers who are an alleged drain on our system.  i mean isn't this for kids that graduated high school here?

Yes, it would be nice if the second and third and following generations were educated and intelligent (not both the same thing) and assimilated more of the cultural values of "being an American" than "being a ___ living in the USA just to get the economic benifits".  But I would like to see more of the latter before I start throwing money at them to accomplish the former.  What we have now seems to be more "La Raza/Azatlan" clubs, that join with the pro-Pali/pro-Islmamic groups to dump on the USA.

I am more than well aware of the fact that the "melting pot" is a big lie, but there were a lot of folks from the 1800s to the mid/late 1900's who managed to assimilate into some version of "more American than _country-of-origin_."  And quite a lot of them that did not made the effort to get their kids to do so.  I don't see that happening now.

And if they are not willing to give something back as openly-declared illegal aliens sucking on the teat of public welfare then I say "No soup for you!"  (Yes, I'm talking about some form/version of involuntary servitude.  Maybe at minimum wage, but I want to see them putting some effort into the system  if they are going to be taking something out of it.)

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2010, 05:07:27 PM »
When people start talking about involuntary servitude, it is usually a good time to stop listening.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2010, 07:48:12 PM »
When people start talking about involuntary servitude, it is usually a good time to stop listening.

Why?  Obama has been touting it for 2+ years.  I'm just proposing a work-study program that puts more emphasis on the labor performed than the money paid for the labor. :angel:

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2010, 10:41:12 AM »

"In state tuition" is a drain on the tax revenues of the State subsidizing the costs of maintaining a University system.

I pay AZ State taxes that go towards our education system, under the assumption that paying that while raising my children, I end up subsidizing the lion's share of that educational cost when my kids actually go to school.

People out of State pay income taxes to somewhere else.  They don't subsidize my school.

Illegal aliens:
-Commit ID fraud and pretend to be someone else for tax purposes;
-EXEMPT themselves on their fraudulent Tax ID's from paying taxes.
-Have no means to demonstrate if they have been in State to pay taxes for any length of time and obtain "Residency" that grants in-State tuition.

The notion that illegal aliens deserve in-State tuition is absurd on so many levels that anyone who suggests it deserves a "moonbat" tattoo on their forehead.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2010, 10:56:48 AM »
America needed to draw the line years ago, regardless of the bitching, moaning, and whining.  America is not just an open "jobs faire," it's a nation with values, principles, laws.  What the Tea Party represents is an awareness, conscious or subconscious, of just how far we have deviated from our precious core.

There are forces that want nothing more than to balkanize America, to create a "nation" of disparate and warring tribes who can be manipulated by a cynical class of kleptocrats.  They've done a pretty effective job, but we are finally on to them. 
"Domari nolo."

Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2010, 09:04:55 PM »
you have to admit, it would be a really good honeypot. :angel:

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2010, 09:10:38 PM »
Illegal aliens:
-Commit ID fraud and pretend to be someone else for tax purposes;
-EXEMPT themselves on their fraudulent Tax ID's from paying taxes.
-Have no means to demonstrate if they have been in State to pay taxes for any length of time and obtain "Residency" that grants in-State tuition.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20101025145047AAK6TiJ

The Social Security Administration estimates that about three-quarters of illegal workers pay taxes that contribute to the overall solvency of Social Security and Medicare.

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/business/articl
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2010, 10:36:52 AM »
I for one am tired of hearing how people who are at bottom trespassers and squatters, who are huge users of gov't services, have been paying taxes.  How does that change ANYTHING about the legitimacy of their status or whether they are lawbreakers or economic parasites?
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2010, 10:58:11 AM »
And here is Victor Davis Hanson getting to the real heart of the matter...

http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/253954/illegal-immigration-moral-victor-davis-hanson
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2010, 11:24:42 AM »

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20101025145047AAK6TiJ

The Social Security Administration estimates that about three-quarters of illegal workers pay taxes that contribute to the overall solvency of Social Security and Medicare.

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/business/articl

That's a twisted answer.

You CAN'T exempt yourself from Social Security/Medicare/FICA portions of paycheck withholding.  Even writing EXEMPT on your W2 paperwork will still result in those components being withheld.  I'm sure illegals WOULD exempt themselves from FICA if they could find a way to do so.

And... Federal income tax and benefits (SS/Medicare are FEDERAL benefits) have no bearing on in-State tuition and State taxes for State Universities.  You can write EXEMPT on your State W2 and dodge financial responsibility for funding State-level social programs such as Universities.
--Lysander Spooner