Author Topic: Weary of the calls to spend OPM  (Read 988 times)

Hutch

• friend
Weary of the calls to spend OPM
« on: November 23, 2010, 03:53:44 PM »
Guys, I guess I am masochistic, but I find myself unable to resist reading opinions that aver that we must spend, spend, spend.  "For the Chilluns", "The Widders", "The Seniors", "The Unfortunate".  Apparently all of these groups have a lien on my earnings, and the earnings of my heirs.  The pain being felt in our society caused by the current hard times is NOTHING compared to what will happen if we continue down this path.

If I hear "shared sacrifice", "obligation to society", or "targeted investment" used again, I'm gonna... well, I don't know what I'll do.  I think I'll go hug a grandson.
"My limited experience does not permit me to appreciate the unquestionable wisdom of your decision"

Seems like every day, I'm forced to add to the list of people who can just kiss my hairy ass.

Leatherneck

• friend
Re: Weary of the calls to spend OPM
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2010, 07:35:10 PM »
Better yet, teach your Grandson about responsibility and accountability. Hugs are allowed, though.

TC
TC
RT Refugee

longeyes

• friend
Re: Weary of the calls to spend OPM
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2010, 07:54:09 PM »
You forgot the "neediest" class of all: the bankers.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.