Author Topic: Is America on the path to 'permanent war'?  (Read 4902 times)

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
Re: Is America on the path to 'permanent war'?
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2010, 09:16:31 AM »
Don't get me started on the conspiracy types who beclown themselves, relying on their gullible readers' never actually going to the building, looking out the window and thinking, "Not a difficult shot, really."

That hardly proves anything one way or the other.

The fact remains that a week before that day, the US was in the process of withdrawing from Vietnam, and a week later under different leadership began the process of escalation, thus changing history IMO not for the better.
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2010, 12:07:52 PM »
That hardly proves anything one way or the other.

The fact remains that a week before that day, the US was in the process of withdrawing from Vietnam, and a week later under different leadership began the process of escalation, thus changing history IMO not for the better.

Well, you got me there.

It really is inconceivable that a communist, with USMC rifle marksmanship training, who defected to Russia for a while, might get bent out of shape by the most outspoken anti-communist POTUS since before WW2 and have the ability to shoot him. 

Nah, it had to be a conspiracy.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2010, 08:01:12 PM »
Well, you got me there.

It really is inconceivable that a communist, with USMC rifle marksmanship training, who defected to Russia for a while, might get bent out of shape by the most outspoken anti-communist POTUS since before WW2 and have the ability to shoot him. 

Nah, it had to be a conspiracy.

YOU brought up the conspiracy.

All I did was state the date.

You need to start buying your straw by the truckload  :P
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2010, 08:33:51 PM »
You need to start buying your straw by the truckload  :P

Heh.  I'll have to remember that one.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton