Author Topic: hope and change  (Read 1220 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
hope and change
« on: November 29, 2010, 01:42:13 PM »
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2010/nov/28/obamas-transparency-record-not-so-clear/

or not

it will come as a shock i'm sure to find out obama's not living up to the hype
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

BMacklem

Re: hope and change
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2010, 09:53:50 AM »
It's all Bushs' fault that Obama isn't doing a darned thing that he promised us.
That and we're all too stoopif to understand their message that they were trying (and in some cases successfully) crammed down our throats.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2010, 11:24:29 AM »
You should have read his lips.

What he really said was "rope and chains"  =(
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2010, 12:45:08 PM »
0bama's not living up to the hype

Do any of them?
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2010, 12:25:42 AM »

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2010, 12:29:51 AM »
"Our Lady of Morons Democrat Church"
"We Really Are Just That ***** Stupid."

That is (A.) absolutly priceless.
and, (B.)...unfortunatly, I suspect, photoshop? ? ? ?  Seriously, am I to believe a church would really put that up on a public board?  
"Lady of Morons" ..... [tinfoil] [tinfoil].... sorry.  Humorous absolutly.... but I .... don't...think ..... so....
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2010, 01:28:20 AM »
Church sign generator, URL is in the pics
 =D
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams