Author Topic: SEIU drops health coverage for children  (Read 1564 times)

CypherNinja

• friend
SEIU drops health coverage for children
« on: November 30, 2010, 05:02:03 PM »
HA!!!

http://blogs.wsj.com/metropolis/2010/11/20/union-drops-health-coverage-for-workers-children/

One of the largest union-administered health-insurance funds in New York is dropping coverage for the children of more than 30,000 low-wage home attendants, union officials said. The union blamed financial problems it said were caused by the state’s health department and new national health-insurance requirements.

The irony here is approaching epic levels......
“Fear of death increases in exact proportion to increase in wealth,” Hemingway once said. Today, many of us have become rich in the currency of cowardice. We have so many things and so few experiences. We are desperate to live as long as possible, not as large as possible. We are so afraid to say goodbye to the world that we never say hello.
-Marty Beckerman (from a Wired article of all things)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: SEIU drops health coverage for children
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2010, 05:50:00 PM »
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

AZRedhawk44

• friends
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2010, 09:13:38 PM »
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2010, 12:29:05 AM »
 =| this was the plan, now they'll try to start a single player system. [tinfoil]

S. Williamson

• formerly Dionysusigma
  • friends
  • It's not the years, it's the mileage.
"The chances of finding out what's really going on are so remote, the only thing to do is hang the sense of it and keep yourself occupied. I'd far rather be happy than right any day."
"And are you?"
"No, that's where it all falls apart I'm afraid. Pity, it sounds like quite a nice lifestyle otherwise."
-Douglas Adams

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2010, 01:00:10 PM »
=| this was the plan, now they'll try to start a single payer system. [tinfoil]

Indeed. Barry has stated repeatedly his goal was to create a single payer system (along with shutting down all coal production). Put the insurance companies out of business so Big Brother can swoop in and take control.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G