Author Topic: Senator McCaskill on Tax Cuts  (Read 1903 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Senator McCaskill on Tax Cuts
« on: December 04, 2010, 11:30:33 AM »
I wonder if she realizes those evil capitol gains and dividends are the income many middle Americans will be living on in their retirement? If people like her weren't out to stick it to "the rich", we wouldn't have such a complex tax code.

Also, is Schumer the smuggest guy in the Senate?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdcDjQz01z4&feature=player_embedded#
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Senator McCaskill on Tax Cuts
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2010, 11:49:32 AM »
As a Missourian, I don't want to hear any more from McCaskill. She is a smug elitist with no respect for the voters, and will get none of my time.

Hopefully, Talent will destroy her in 2012.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

grampster

• friend
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2010, 12:02:06 PM »
If she is having such a tough time undestanding things, maybe she should retire and go home.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2010, 08:54:11 PM »
Schumer, smug? nah, that's just the 'ludes. [tinfoil]

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2010, 10:20:39 PM »
As a Missourian, I don't want to hear any more from McCaskill. She is a smug elitist with no respect for the voters, and will get none of my time.

I'm actually shocked someone with her views could have gotten elected in Missouri in the first place. If she were running here in CA, yeah, she'd practically be a moderate.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2010, 12:37:29 AM »
Maybe she will find her pitchfork mob. Maybe it won't be what she thinks.
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2010, 01:03:09 AM »
I never gave much thought to McCaskill until she was at one of those rowdy health-care meetings, and started acting all disappointed and upset that people were being so "rude." (Yes, of course they were being rude. That is what you get when you don't respond to polite discussion.)

Then, I heard her interviewed on the radio, and she complained that Sarah Palin had screwed up the health care debate by making it all about death panels. To this day, I wish I had called the station to make two points:

1. Senator, we will tell you which parts of the bill we want to discuss, and how; not the other way around.

2. If you don't like Palin's focus on death panels, blame those who wrote death panels into the legislation. If you don't like us calling them death panels, see rule number 1.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

dm1333

• friend
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2010, 01:28:53 PM »
I just recently saw Senator McCaskill talking about the tax cuts.  Two things struck me as wrong.  The first was that she said we were "giving" money to the rich with these tax cuts.  I thought they had earned it and the government was taking a percentage away.  The second is that I have heard several people saying we have to "pay" for these tax cuts, or that these cuts aren't "paid" for.  Huh.  I thought if we cut taxes we just had less revenue coming in and would have to cut what we are spending that revenue on. 

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2010, 01:35:10 PM »
I just recently saw Senator McCaskill talking about the tax cuts.  Two things struck me as wrong.  The first was that she said we were "giving" money to the rich with these tax cuts.  I thought they had earned it and the government was taking a percentage away.  The second is that I have heard several people saying we have to "pay" for these tax cuts, or that these cuts aren't "paid" for.  Huh.  I thought if we cut taxes we just had less revenue coming in and would have to cut what we are spending that revenue on. 
[tinfoil] [tinfoil] STOP IT!  YOU'RE TRYING TO CONFUSE POLITICIANS WITH LOGIC!!!!  That's just downright evil..... =D >:D >:D :facepalm: [popcorn] [popcorn] :lol: :lol: ;)
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2010, 02:14:46 PM »

That's fine if you're one of those people who believe it's "the citizen's money."

Since it's all the government's money, it makes sense to be opposed to giving rich people more money and trying to find out how to pay for it.

After all, if the government didn't do all the wonderful things it does now, those rich people would have never made that money! Thus, it is up to the government to decide just how much to grace those citizens with.

(This post was made in sarcasm. However, this is the Hobbesian view of government: We kept you from being plundered by everyone else: therefore, we can plunder you as much as we want so long as you are left with something.)
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2010, 02:24:09 PM »
Retirees won't be living on dividends and interest; the rest of America will be living on them, Soylent Green-style.  The New America belongs to the young and impressionable.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2010, 02:49:16 PM »
The New America belongs to the young and impressionable.

As it well should.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner