Author Topic: Question: Why is it the person you love the most...  (Read 13592 times)

spacemanspiff

Question: Why is it the person you love the most...
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2005, 09:20:18 AM »
yeah, all the drama and headgames that come with relationships are why i choose to be single.

no, seriously guys, it was MY choice!

dude, if ya'll dont stop laughing at me i swear to god!!!!
Wear a Yellow Armband!

Strings

« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2005, 02:08:07 PM »
right Spiffy... sure... and we believe ya, too....

'bout as far as we can throw a female elephant.....

by the left testicle...

Kat: we men are pigs. You just have to find one that can pretend better than the rest of us, is all... Wink

Risasi

• friend
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2005, 02:32:46 PM »
Sorry to hear...but then, I no longer believe in love.

Just get some guns and go to the range.

Cyanide_357

« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2005, 03:18:09 PM »
Uvakat,

Sorry to hear about your troubles... though.. things odly enough work themselves out.  Whats suppose to be, will come to be.

Also, sorry to steal the flame, but..

Charby,

Now I know I'm not stupid (though I never thought I was),.. you said:

"Its simple: stupid people don't follow their heart"... When I started the proccess of breaking my last relationship (although, my first intention was to get some stuff straightened out so it would work better)... I did it simply because some crap was pissing me off (I tend to let crap build inside instead of releasing it -- curse of the intravert).  When I severed the last string of the relationship.. it was truely an uplifting experience... no boo hoo, just smiles.  Turns out some of my other suspicions seem to be correct.

Lesson learned... do what you feel is right, what your gut/heart/mind says.  Your 'spidey' sense if you will.  

Then again (no offense) us men really only need who/what/when/where/why.  We process on alot less information.. which is both good and bad... as our calculations aren't as fine tuned as womens.  

Best of luck to you,

Cyanide

uvakat

• friend
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2005, 04:03:14 PM »
Thanks you guys... and Cyanide, you are right  things will prob work out for the best no matter what direction we take... Charby, try to find a guy who isn't intimidated by a strong willed female... i think finding a girl in your state who owns a gun is more likely...
Nothing like a couple hundred rounds down range to make a girl feel better.  

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2005, 04:15:53 PM »
Quote from: uvakat
Why is it the person you love the most can hurt you so badly? How is it somebody can tell you they love you and want a life with you and then the next morning tell you that he doesn't know about there being an us anymore? And why is it I feel pathetic that I have to go to a web forum to ask these questions?
There's an old saying, "You can only be betrayed by those you trust."  Likewise, to be burned by love means you must care about the person.  People break up for many reasons.  Some good, some bad.  A general fear of commitment, fear of being burned by love, differing goals in life, etc.

A while ago, I did exactly what your significant other did.  I broke up with a very nice girl.  I cared about her, very deeply.  But, I knew our paths were not heading the same direction.  She needed to do her thing, I had to do my thing.  Eventually, it would not have worked.  One of us would have had to make a sacrifice that was too high.  I have no doubt that she was hurt by what I did, but I know she likely has long since recovered.  I hope she finds someone with whom things will work out.

Your ex may have had good intentions, or maybe he was just being an idiot.  Us guys typically are.

Hope things work out for you.  Spend some more time at the range, good therapy.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2005, 02:29:11 PM »
Why...

Hell if I know, some great replies so far.  You have never seen me type the "L" word and you won't unless it happens to be something I have to type for School, or work related..."Spot likes his chew toy" or somesuch.

Bad things happens to Good Folks.  BTDT

Doing the right things don't mean you won't get screwed.  I still do the right things, I choose my choices best can.

People that have the same last name as I , or have, and supposed "friends".  I'd rather keep my enemies closer - there is much truth in doing this. At least the enemy is honest about intentions -and that itself gains some respect from me.

I have some true friends mind you, very special folks.  

I'm also the guy that gained permission to ask the "Pros" how they bypassed my alarm system when I found out later they had been caught elswhere at a later date.  I did the same with the "Pros" that kidnapped a guy , rode him around in his truck for hours , with his family held hostage, forced him to open his safe. He admitted I was the original target. I had to know why I was not that night.

I "respect" these folks, even tho my enemies. At least they were honest about intentions...can't say that about some that in Society's eyes that are supposed to be to me.

Holly76201

« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2005, 07:03:52 PM »
Kat,
     I'm sending you a big, warm,reassuring hug. And as to your original question of Why you are hurting? I don't know. But I do know that we can only feel joy to the extent that we have felt pain. From my older {50} perspective, this too will pass. I thought both my 1st and 2nd husbands were the loves of my life. Boy was I wrong! Those treacherous dogs! But, but, don't lose hope. My Dearly Beloved is a faithful, true, loving husband. And I have a 23 y.o. son who's a cutie and available. He likes shooting, but doesn't have any guns of his own, right now. Do you like them tall? {6'7"}and skinny {180 #}?

Spiffy... I'd give you a hug, but you'd just see it as a way to feel my busom. ;<)
Veni, Vidi, Vivisecti

FUR IS MURDER to clean

Risasi

• friend
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2005, 04:09:15 AM »
Quote from: Holly76201
Spiffy... I'd give you a hug, but you'd just see it as a way to feel my busom. ;<)
Oh my, that's just wrong on SO many levels. Especially when you consider The Spaceman isn't all that tall...
(Hey join the crowd Spiff)

[EDIT] That reminded me of a Leave it to Beaver episode. Wally takes some girl half a head taller than him to the prom or something.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2005, 04:40:09 AM »
Charby, try to find a guy who isn't intimidated by a strong willed female...
*raises hand*
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

spacemanspiff

« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2005, 07:17:08 AM »
dang! its like the dames got all my moves figured out.

guess i'll have to get my loving the way god intended: exotic dancers.

Cheesy
Wear a Yellow Armband!

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2005, 07:19:08 AM »
Quote from: spacemanspiff
guess i'll have to get my loving the way god intended: exotic dancers.

Cheesy
One dollar at a time...  

Charby

Uranus is a gas giant.

Sean Smith

« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2005, 09:16:06 AM »
Thanks you guys... and Cyanide, you are right  things will prob work out for the best no matter what direction we take... Charby, try to find a guy who isn't intimidated by a strong willed female... i think finding a girl in your state who owns a gun is more likely...
Ignore all my advice, I just got dumped.  Shocked

uvakat

• friend
« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2005, 09:17:30 AM »
Quote from: Sean Smith
Ignore all my advice, I just got dumped.  Shocked
Ouch what happened?

« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2005, 09:52:58 AM »
Sean,

Sorry to hear about that.

Me, I think I have finally figured out the secret about Men and Women - There ain't one. *smirk*

So I am gonna accept that as it may be.

Still think a good dog, a shotgun, P/U Truck , and quail to tend to is best for me.

Dogs have unconditional  emotions, they forgive and move on. Dogs don't  care if the toliet seat is up or down - they can get a drink either way. Dogs are great for security around the home, be if for BGs or making one feel wanted, accepted for what they are - not what they are supposed to be.

Besides, they don't arrest the driver if the dog is a passenger and not wearing a seat belt. Nor do they if the dog is in the bed of the truck.

One's  liable to get a ticket or admitted if a SO is hanging their head out the passenger window to get the wind in their face, drooling all over the side of the truck , and barking at folks. *grin*

SpookyPistolero

• friend
« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2005, 11:25:07 AM »
I've found that women become most interested in me as I treat relationships in mor of a blanket methodology of understanding People, rather than saying youre trying to understand Women. Everyone is so individual that it might not work out to put them into that sort of box. Generalities might still exist, but I try not to expect them.

Overall, it would definitely take a special person to be a relationship with me I think. These run-o-the-mill people just aint cuttin it.

It's so hard to deal with people who are wholly (sp?) selfish. Their primary thoughts are always about themselves, and even when they are being 'nice and considerate', it's really them thinking they can improve themselves in the rlationship by playing that role. They don't actually care, they just know theyre supposed to reciprocate at least a little since theyre the ones whining and complaining the most.

Rant off, probably..
"She could not have reached this white serenity except as the sum of all the colors, of all the violence she had known." - The Fountainhead
"Smoke your pipe and be silent; there's only wind and smoke in the world"  - Irish Proverb

uvakat

• friend
« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2005, 05:25:59 PM »
UPDATE: The SOB broke up with me over the internet because he couldn't do it in person. He loves the idea of punishing himself more then he loves me I guess...okay so i walked away from him without fighting (what he wanted) and now he's wanting to fix us... I thought you guys were logical?

SpookyPistolero

• friend
« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2005, 05:31:22 PM »
Uvakat,

Very sorry to hear about that. I hope that you're doing alright despite dealing with an idiot.  You should take a lot of pleasure and comfort in knowing that the relationship was dissolved (without you having to do any of the work ) as soon as you realized he was in fact a jerk. Now you don't have to waste more time only to find that out much later.

Hit up the range with a brick of .22.  Works for me anyway!

Take care!
"She could not have reached this white serenity except as the sum of all the colors, of all the violence she had known." - The Fountainhead
"Smoke your pipe and be silent; there's only wind and smoke in the world"  - Irish Proverb

uvakat

• friend
« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2005, 06:01:14 PM »
Thanks Spooky for your kind words... I needed them... and I'm definitely going shooting tomorrow

jamz

• friend
  • bleem
« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2005, 02:36:04 AM »
Uvakat:  I apologize, I thought you were male, hence my women= pure concentrated evil remark.*
Let me change my comment to Men are Pure, Concentrated Evil.  Selfish too.

In all seriousness, it almost sounds like he's either being just plain mean, or he doesn't know what he wants.  If he doesn't know, it probably isn't Meant To Be.

Love, James

Although they still are, along with men  Wink
Everybody loves Magical Trevor

spacemanspiff

« Reply #45 on: March 29, 2005, 07:41:10 AM »
I thought you guys were logical?
well technically its only us straight guys that are. any chance your ex was a little light in the loafers?
Wear a Yellow Armband!

Gus Dddysgrl

« Reply #46 on: March 29, 2005, 07:47:17 AM »
uvakat- Sorry you got hurt.  He probably is in need of an ego stroking.  Don't do it.  He had his fun thought you'd be more hurt and need him, but you are strong enough to move past him.  Now he's realized he's not good enough for you and wants you back.  If you take him back he'll feel needed and important.  We all need that at sometime.  

Also the ones we love the most are the ones who know how to best hurt us.  After we've opened ourselves up and shared alot of deep things we have the power to love the most and to hurt the most.

Sorry you had to learn the hard way, but it happens to the best of us.  Go out and shoot some, then we'll see how you feel.  Hopefully the next one you'll keep longer and be wiser about picking too.  I know after my worst break-up I made sure I had a good one before I kept him.

Guys you see why we play games.  It's to make sure you're a good one and that you're worth it.  If we just let you have what you wanted and when you wanted, we'd get hurt like uvakat.

Just my added advice.  Sorry no funny comments about spiff or WA.

Gus
Leigh Ober

spacemanspiff

« Reply #47 on: March 29, 2005, 08:09:22 AM »
Guys you see why we play games.  It's to make sure you're a good one and that you're worth it.  If we just let you have what you wanted and when you wanted, we'd get hurt like uvakat.
well if you distrust all men, dont be surprised when men reciprocate. i have lost count of all the women i have met that have expressed nothing but greed and how they would date any man if he had enough money to spend on them. sorry, but if all that is out there for us men are long-term-relationship-prostitutes, and short-term-relationship-prostitutes, i'd be more inclined to go for the strp.
and you should also realize that those 'games' are more detrimental as they drive off the mature responsible men that have no patience for such trivial acts.
Wear a Yellow Armband!

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #48 on: March 29, 2005, 08:20:39 AM »
Uvakat- My last g/f broke up with me via email and we only lived 15 miles apart, so I can understand. I think you ex is pretty spineless as much as I think of my last g/f.

Charby

Uranus is a gas giant.

Sean Smith

« Reply #49 on: March 29, 2005, 08:26:33 AM »
Quote from: Gus Dddysgrl
There is a difference between being circumspect about a relationship, and playing games with the other person.  An extremely large one.  One that points to basic human decency, or a lack thereof, for one thing.  

It is painful enough when things don't work out, and everyone involved at least makes a decent effort at being up-front and considerate.  This "ooh, let me create some crisis/fake a reason for them to be jealous so I can see how he/she handles it!" crap is moronic, childish, and fundamentally mean-spirited as hell.

EDITED TO ADD:  That may not be what you mean, but that is the kind of stuff I most hear about when it comes to "relationship games."