Author Topic: Palin derangement syndrome + anti-hunting attitude = fruitcake  (Read 9174 times)

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
Palin derangement syndrome + anti-hunting attitude = fruitcake
« on: December 08, 2010, 05:33:19 PM »
Hollywood bigshot Aaron Sorkin apparently didn't like the episode of Sarah Palin's show that featured her doing some caribou hunting. Actually, he seems to have gone off the deep end in his blog on the Huffington Post (no surprise there).

Here's just a tidbit of his rant:

According to Sorkin, Palin’s love of caribou hunting is no different than Michael Vick’s penchant for dog fighting. “I can make the distinction between the two of us but I've tried and tried and for the life of me, I can't make a distinction between what you get paid to do and what Michael Vick went to prison for doing. I'm able to make the distinction with no pangs of hypocrisy even though I get happy every time one of you faux-macho **expletive deleted** accidentally shoots another one of you in the face,” he writes.

The rest of his whiney screed is here.

White Horseradish

• friend
Re: Palin derangement syndrome + anti-hunting attitude = fruitcake
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2010, 07:22:40 PM »
Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.

Robert A Heinlein

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2010, 07:27:19 PM »
WHO?

Exactly.

I'll bet his idea of "wildlife" is the animatronics critters at Disneyland.
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2010, 07:51:47 PM »
He could see the screen through the pot haze?
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2010, 08:38:16 PM »
“That was the first moose ever murdered for political gain
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2010, 10:27:35 PM »
So he's happy when hunters are accidentally shot, yet he sits in judgment of Michael Vick (much less Sarah Palin).  Well, at least he makes a fool of himself in public, so others don't need to do it for him. Like The Man might have said, he has his reward in full.  :lol:
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2010, 11:42:26 PM »
Betcha he thinks food is made in a factory...

Blog under construction

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2010, 01:48:50 AM »
The truth?  He can't handle the truth.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2010, 05:32:58 PM »
In another thread on APS, I was talking about how weird things gun-related are on Twitter. I'm also amazed at the number of people there who are saying they wish Palin would shoot herself while hunting.

Whyizzit okay for liberals to wish death on conservatives? It's a common theme with them, from Palin to Bush to Charlton Heston to Reagan and more.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2010, 05:44:00 PM »
Sorkin was arrested for smoking crack and also was ( I think ) the creator of the West Wing TV show that was horribly liberal biased.
 A: We do not eat dogs in the USA.
 B: Sarah did not hang, torture, mutilate to death the Caribou.
 C: She can beat Sorkin in an arm wrestling match anyway.

from www.imao.us

Transcript from Sarah Palin’s Alaska.

SARAH PALIN: “Hello! Welcome to Sarah Palin’s Alaska, the show where you get to see the beauty of Alaska while we brutalize all the wildlife in it.”

PIPER PALIN: “I found a bunny rabbit in our backyard. I punched it in the face.”

SARAH: “Isn’t she precious? I try to instill in my children the values I was taught such as not letting nature push you around.”

WILLOW PALIN: “Die fish! Die!”

SARAH: “Willow is demonstrating a common technique of repeatedly whacking a fish against a rock and then throwing its corpse back in the lake. This tells fish to stay out of our way. Of course, you don’t always do that by killing things. The other day I took my Glock and knee-capped a moose. When other moose see him lying there bleeding, they’ll know not to mess with the Palins. If only the lame-stream media were that smart.”

TODD PALIN: “The new piano is here.”

SARAH: “Oh. Good. We really needed a new piano because already cut all the wire out of the last one to make garrotes. Last one I used to strangle a grizzly bear; I’m the only mama grizzly in these parts. Anyway, let me show you the guest we have downstairs in the basement.”

AARON SORKIN: “You’re a crazy redneck! I hope you die!”

SARAH: “We don’t like this person, so we kidnapped, put him in our basement, and are now waterboarding him.”

SORKIN: “You crazy… gurgle…”

SARAH: “You may wonder if that’s legal, but remember we’re really far away. Like if this were a live show — which it isn’t — and you wanted to run to his rescue, it would take you hours by plane just to get here. Plus, we’re a very large state and you’ll never find me. So essentially I’m above the law.”

SORKIN: “I’ll tell you anything!”

SARAH: “I think I — and the American people — have made it pretty clear we don’t care to hear anything you liberals have to say.”

SORKIN: “Somebody help me!”

PIPER: “That man is funny. I’ll get more water.”

SARAH: “Well, tune in next week when we drive around in a jeep trying to knock the heads off a caribou with a baseball bat. That’s the way we do things in Alaska, and if any of you have a problem with, remember that no one in my family would bat an eye at killing you.”
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2010, 06:47:54 PM »
That's actually funny.

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2010, 07:05:39 PM »
Gunsmith, that's hilarious!
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2010, 11:19:13 AM »
Willow is demonstrating a common technique of repeatedly whacking a fish against a rock and then throwing its corpse back in the lake

Ridiculous  ;/

They don't waste the meat - they eat them raw instead  =D
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2010, 01:54:09 PM »
In another thread on APS, I was talking about how weird things gun-related are on Twitter. I'm also amazed at the number of people there who are saying they wish Palin would shoot herself while hunting.

Whyizzit okay for liberals to wish death on conservatives? It's a common theme with them, from Palin to Bush to Charlton Heston to Reagan and more.

Why?  Don't know.  But you're right; it is common:

"The man who, how do I phrase this diplomatically, who will put a bullet between
 the president's eyes if he could get away with it."
   - New York State Comptroller Alan Hevesi, on Chuck Schumer (during the GWB administration)

"Right now, I could kill George Bush."
   - Betty Williams, Nobel Peace Prize winner, at the International Women's
     Peace Conference, July 11, 2007
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

NickySantoro

« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2010, 03:44:04 PM »
I remember reading a post by someone who complained about hunting. The gist of it was that if you wanted meat why would you kill animals when you could just buy it at the store where they make meat. Perhaps that was Sorkin.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2010, 08:55:06 PM »
Remember, liberals are not part of the natural order.  They were born in the celestial ether and live out their lives in a holy bubble.

Sarah's embrace of the natural scares the bejesus out of liberals.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

sanglant

• friend

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2010, 08:16:15 PM »
I love a good fruitcake, and I am really bummed there was none around the office this year. Usually, people get them as gifts and then bring them into the break room to try and get rid of them. I remain hopeful for next week, since maybe people are waiting until Christmas to open them.

http://www.gethsemanifarms.org/fruitcake.aspx     the Kentucky bourbon fruitcake from this abbey is superb. 

http://www.puddinhill.com/Pecan-Fruit-Cake-Round-3-Lb/productinfo/114/  Mary of Puddin Hill is considered excellent if you like a fruitcake with no alcohol. I found it kind of overly sweet and bland. They make a big point of having no spices, raisins or candied citrus peel, and I like all of those things.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2010, 10:53:53 PM »
interesting, but for now i'm sticking with Holy Cross. >:D they're a little less then a state away, so i order on monday. and have my cake on wednesday. =D

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2010, 11:34:46 PM »
^^^ I read the ingredients and they look good.  You can vouch for it?

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2010, 11:47:55 PM »
i like them, but that's not telling you much. =D pity your in the opposite corner of the country, across town and i would give you a slice.

hmm, it's mostly fruit, not much actual cake. much better than the door stops they sell in grocery stores. wish i could describe it better, i saw a site that had them all reviewed hold on a min. =D here's the page i was reading when i chose them to try. it's not the authors favorite, but the things he found wrong with it, are the things i like. :laugh:

tyme

• expat
  • friend
  • Did you know that dolphins are just gay sharks?
    • TFL Library
« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2010, 08:40:23 PM »
Hollywood bigshot Aaron Sorkin apparently didn't like the episode of Sarah Palin's show that featured her doing some caribou hunting. Actually, he seems to have gone off the deep end in his blog on the Huffington Post (no surprise there).

I respect Sorkin as a talented writer notwithstanding his political bias and particularly his boneheaded and emotional anti-gun political position.

Watching the relevant part of episode 4, I don't like it either, for a completely different reason.  Sarah shot at a caribou on a ridge with no visual of what's beyond the ridge.  Unless they faked all the misses during editing, she continued shooting at the animal 4-5 times, completely missing every time, before she switched rifles... switching to one that had been sighted in, apparently.

"I've hunted with [my dad] all my life."  And yet her dad seems intent on working the bolt action for her between shots?  Give me a break.  Are you Palin supporters so in love with her that you don't care whether her Alaskan sportswoman persona is fake?  If this were a liberal going on a hunting trip everyone would be all over it, finding the most minuscule flaws in technique and safety rule violations.

What are Vegas odds on her vs Sorkin in arm wrestling?
Support Range Voting.
End Software Patents

"Four people are dead.  There isn't time to talk to the police."  --Sherlock (BBC)

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2010, 09:10:12 PM »
Politics is closed until after the New Year.

Chris

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2011, 06:31:55 PM »
By member request I'm re-opening this thread.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2011, 07:04:24 PM »
I respect Sorkin as a talented writer notwithstanding his political bias and particularly his boneheaded and emotional anti-gun political position.

Watching the relevant part of episode 4, I don't like it either, for a completely different reason.  Sarah shot at a caribou on a ridge with no visual of what's beyond the ridge.

What are Vegas odds on her vs Sorkin in arm wrestling?

1st, they flew into the area and scouted out the areas, I'm sure if they saw humans they wouldn't have shot in their direction ( unless of course they knew if they were like commies or something ) but They were more than likely the only people for hundres if not thousands of miles.

2nd Sarah can beat him with her weak arm.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."