Author Topic: Who Killed DREAM? The Tea Party Did  (Read 8368 times)

longeyes

• friend
Re: Who Killed DREAM? The Tea Party Did
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2010, 04:21:10 PM »
Take a look at something else, in the fine print, that hasn't been reported:

http://nicholasstixuncensored.blogspot.com/2010/12/alipac-read-fine-print-dream-act.html
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2010, 06:45:31 PM »
For every valedictorian there are ten guys named "Dreamer" who are part of MS-13...
"Domari nolo."

Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2010, 07:29:31 PM »
Well, I am all for "family reunification"  ;)

As far as I know, we still haven't put up a wall to keep people from leaving the US  :P
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2010, 09:46:02 PM »
Can someone clear something up for me?

Under the DREAM act, the two paths to citizenship would have been either going to college or a stint in the military.  It was my understanding that joining the US military was already a way to get US citizenship.  Am I wrong?
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2010, 01:35:28 AM »
I doubt anyone here thinks a couple of years in a community college is the equivalent of military service, for one thing. 

Better to call it the SCHEME Act.

And we're still waiting for that famous fence to be finished...
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.