Author Topic: Restoring wolves to 48 states  (Read 5262 times)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Re: Restoring wolves to 48 states
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2010, 10:15:43 AM »
As long as they get the rats afterwards, that'd be fine with me! =D

Hey!  Why are you picking on the rats?

Oh.  My bad.  Thought you were discussing rodents.  Now I see you were referring to policritters and the dross that accumulates around them.

I'll just be there in the corner feeling ashamed for not noticing.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2010, 11:00:31 AM »
Anyone ever notice that the folks in the urban areas who have completely wiped out their local wildife habitat want to tell us rural folks how to manage our backyards?  ;/
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

BridgeRunner

• friend
« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2010, 11:18:35 AM »
Anyone ever notice that the folks in the urban areas who have completely wiped out their local wildife habitat want to tell us rural folks how to manage our backyards?  ;/

Heyheyhey, wait a sec!  WE have backyards, and we NEED them so our kids don't have to share a swingset with the riffraff at the local playground.  YOU have Mother Nature, and you need to respect Her.  :P

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2010, 11:23:45 AM »
Heyheyhey, wait a sec!  WE have backyards, and we NEED them so our kids don't have to share a swingset with the riffraff at the local playground.  YOU have Mother Nature, and you need to respect Her.  :P

You are more than welcome to a few of our wolves to keep in your backyard  :P
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2010, 11:57:35 AM »
You are more than welcome to a few of our wolves to keep in your backyard  :P

This is an excellent idea.  I could lower the cat on a line out the window to see the wolves.  Excitement for all in their humdrum day.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Mannlicher

• Grumpy Old Gator
  • friend
  • The Bonnie Blue
« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2010, 09:44:59 PM »
shoot, shovel, shut up.

Repeat about 40 more times.

stevelyn

• friend
« Reply #31 on: December 25, 2010, 07:09:49 AM »
So why do you think they are re-introducing them?

I partly agree with TP, but I see his reasoning as secondary to the real goal and that is to control the masses by controlling and centralizing food distribution.

Consider the recent so-called food safety bill that fortunately died in the House. It wasn't about safety at all. It was about having a single source for seed stock, banning heirloom varieties, farmers markets and bartering.

Problem is how do you control largely self-suficient rural folk that will take exception to that control? You do what the US govt did to the American Indians......you starve them into compliance. Most folks living in rural backwater areas won't starve out as long as there is a healthy wildlife population, but the govt just can't and start gunning down the game populations without upsetting the delicate sensibilities of urbanites like they did with the bison. So you reintroduce an apex predator that has been wiped out of its origninal range for over a century to do your killing for you.

Be careful that the toes you step on now aren't connected to the ass you have to kiss later.

Eat Moose. Wear Wolf.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #32 on: December 25, 2010, 08:14:59 AM »
the recent so-called food safety bill that fortunately died in the House

http://www.naturalnews.com/030789_Food_Safety_small_farmers.html
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #33 on: December 25, 2010, 08:22:34 AM »
Well, it seems to me that they are trying to drive the ranching and rural folk off the land  =(

It's no secret that there are those who want to turn the western half of the US into essentially one gigantic national park.

More like many politicians would like to see big agriculture concerns like ADM buy up the family farms....of course, the company land managers would have special predator control permits that average joes can't afford....  ;/

shoot, shovel, shut up.

Repeat about 40 more times.

Pretty much....gotta love those quiet .22 rimfires.....  ;)
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #34 on: December 25, 2010, 10:53:09 AM »
The deer populations seem to be down this year :(

And my neighbor who only comes out here to hunt said he saw three wolves down the crick about a half mile  :O

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #35 on: December 26, 2010, 10:54:58 AM »
The deer populations seem to be down this year :(

And my neighbor who only comes out here to hunt said he saw three wolves down the crick about a half mile  :O

They were only at the crick warshing their furs. :P
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #36 on: December 26, 2010, 02:57:37 PM »
They were only at the crick warshing their furs. :P

Crick is dry  ;/

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #37 on: December 26, 2010, 03:43:37 PM »
Well, it seems to me that they are trying to drive the ranching and rural folk off the land  =(

It's no secret that there are those who want to turn the western half of the US into essentially one gigantic national park.

I agree eleventy million, the Bureau of Land Marxist hugest land grabber,  environazis who've never ventured into the wilderness, never left NYC or DC presume to tell the inner mountain west how to live.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."