Author Topic: not the Department of Redundancy Department  (Read 845 times)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
not the Department of Redundancy Department
« on: December 24, 2010, 09:53:33 AM »
http://www.tennessean.com/article/20101223/NEWS0201/12230326/1009/NEWS/Bill+Haslam+taps+Jim+Henry+to+lead+new+Intellectual+Disabilities+Department

Name three people mentioned in the article who have intellectual disabilities.

Remember, the article is about the governor appointing a new head of the state department responsible for providing services to the mentally retarded, who are vastly different from those who have intellectual disabilities.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
Re: not the Department of Redundancy Department
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2010, 01:18:19 PM »
I love the comment where the reader stated that there will be no additional expense in spinning this department off into its own agency.  So, add another one to your list of those who have intellectual disabilities.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

DonTron

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2010, 08:55:35 PM »
If you're not intellectual to begin with, is it still possible to have intellectual disabilities?

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2010, 09:32:18 PM »
What in the world is an intellectual disability?  I read the article, and it did not specify.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2010, 11:01:14 PM »
What in the world is an intellectual disability?  I read the article, and it did not specify.

SWMBO swears I have one.  Maybe you could ask her.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2010, 05:51:19 AM »

An intellectual disability is the existence of a condition for which the Department of Intellectual Disabilities was created to coordinate the provision of services for.

Sheesh!  You must have an intellectual disability yourself if you did not know that.  You poor thing!  Let me apply for a grant to service your condition.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2010, 08:25:13 AM »
Department of Intellectual Disabilities....definitely sounds like a gov't program to benefit all politicians....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.