Main Forums > The Roundtable

Ah. The pot calling the kettle black.

<< < (2/3) > >>

Wildalaska:
Someone needs to complain to the California Bar about him for ethics violation

Typhoon:
Back on point.

Cooleys statement was a rather nasty bit of political grandstanding. The Los Angeles District Attorneys office does not have a particularly solid track record these days.  Why?  Because they blew a couple of high profile cases?  I am quite certain that most of the folks in the D. A.s office are quite good.  

Unfortunately, we do not hear about Joe and Jane Crook who get put away for a decent long time.  

On the other hand, blowing high profile cases can be a bit embarrassing.  

Blaming the jurors is far too much of a cheap out.  Yap, Yap, Yap.  Simpson, race, pay-back, Yada Yada Yada.  Try reading Vincent Bugliosis book, Outrage, which was a scathing criticism of the L.A. D.A.s office and how they handled the trial of O.J. Simpson.  You might get a different opinion.

Blake?  Who knows?  Id have to, at the very least, read through the trial transcript in its entirety to make any kind of determination.  I have long since dismissed the popular media as a way to obtain facts.  I prefer to judge for myself.  Since I did not witness the trial in its entirety, I cannot rightly say.

If I were Cooley, I would make certain that I had the best attorneys I could get (and pay them competitively).  And, again to Cooley.  If you do not want stupid jurors, stop making jury duty so painful and filled with your silly bureaucracy that only stupid people want to serve.  

Ive been called for jury duty in Los Angeles Superior Court.  I hope never to be called again.

Leatherneck:
"LOS ANGELES - District Attorney Steve Cooley says Robert Blake was guilty as sin and the jurors who acquitted him of murder were incredibly stupid."

Dude. The idea is that after you help select them, then YOU get to try to convince them by presenting your case. get it? CONVINCE THEM.

He sounds like the Democrats after the election. Get a life.

TC

Waitone:
I heard the actual min-DA who tried the case is 48 - 1 in murder cases.  This is her first loss.

crt360:
After such a comment, it doesn't seem to be in the best interest of the state to have Cooley handling any jury trials in the near future.  I can just hear potential jurors during voir dire break asking each other, "Isn't he the guy that calls jurors stupid?"  Or, not that they would necessarily want to, how about the defense asking the jury pool whether they could be impartial in light of the DA's view of jurors?  It might take a long time to seat a jury or be an easy way to get a trial moved.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version