Author Topic: This could be bad... Congresswoman shot in head  (Read 43057 times)

Nick1911

• Administrator
Re: This could be bad... Congresswoman shot in head
« Reply #75 on: January 09, 2011, 12:13:34 PM »
Dude was a nutjob.  Yea, the left controlled media will spin it, big surprise there.

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
« Reply #76 on: January 09, 2011, 12:46:14 PM »
Wait for it.....DHS and the Southern Poverty Law Center has spoken..

New details emerging about the suspected shooter behind Saturday's deadly rampage reveal a 22-year-old man with a troubled past who law enforcement say may have been influenced by American Renaissance, a pro-white publication.

An internal Department of Homeland Security memo obtained by Fox News suggests that alleged gunman Jared Loughner -- accused of killing six people, shooting Arizona Democratic Rep. Gabrielle Giffords and wounding 12 others -- may have ties to the American Renaissance group, though it's unclear if he was directly affiliated with the publication or group.

Link: 

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/01/09/arizona-suspected-gunman-no-stranger-to-trouble/

“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #77 on: January 09, 2011, 02:57:20 PM »
What videos?

Jared Loughner has a youtube page with weird vids, they look like the vids of a completely bonkers jerk.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #78 on: January 09, 2011, 03:30:40 PM »
I was listening to the doctors report a while ago. They said it looked like he shot her in the back of the head. Bullet passed through the left lobe only which is pretty much why she's still alive. Brain swelling is the issue now and they have removed the left part of her skull to allow the swelling to occur without further damage. All I can say is the poor woman. The other dead besides the judge and her assistant are the little girl and three people well into their 70's, two women for sure, I wasn't sure of the gender of one of the names given.
Avoid cliches like the plague!

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #79 on: January 09, 2011, 03:58:25 PM »
Jared Loughner has a youtube page with weird vids, they look like the vids of a completely bonkers jerk.

OK. I have now watched several of those videos. If someone tends to think that bonkers is a characteristic of the "right wing," then Loughner would definitely seem right-wing. Otherwise, the viewer would just find him to be a nut with no political affiliation at all. Perhaps it's hard to be left OR right when you're as cracked as he seems to be. That would explain working to elect a politician and then shooting her in the grape.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #80 on: January 09, 2011, 04:06:35 PM »
You know, if all of us Right Wingnut T-Bagger Wookie Paul Gun Klingers were so murderous, wouldn't we have wiped out a lot of politicians already...?   ;/
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
« Reply #81 on: January 09, 2011, 04:12:15 PM »
Touchy, feely America, coming soon. (I'd wager that talk of the Fairness Doctrine is gaining ground)

"I think the vitriolic rhetoric that we hear day in and day out from people in the radio business and some people in the TV business and what (we) see on TV and how our youngsters are being raised, that this has not become the nice United States of America that most of us grew up in. And I think it's time that we do the soul-searching," the sheriff said.

On Sunday, Dupnik didn't back down.  

"I think we're the tombstone of the United States of America," Dupnik said of The Granite State, which a day earlier he called the "Mecca" of hatred and bigotry. "To try to inflame the public on a daily basis 24 hours a day, seven days a week has impact on people, especially who are unbalanced personalities to begin with."

Link:  

http://politics.foxnews.mobi/quickPage.html?page=23888&content=46821599&pageNum=-1

A great quote from that article:

Sen. Lamar Alexander, R-Tenn., agreed that it's reckless to impute the motives of the shooter to any particular group of Americans who have their own political beliefs. 

"What we know about this individual, for example, is that he was reading Karl Marx and reading Hitler ... That's not the profile of a typical Tea Party member and that's the inference that's being made," Alexander told CNN's "State of the Union."

“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #82 on: January 09, 2011, 04:13:44 PM »
You know, if all of us Right Wingnut T-Bagger Wookie Paul Gun Klingers were so murderous, wouldn't we have wiped out a lot of politicians already...?   ;/

yup. The reason the left thinks we are so murderous is that they really are, which is why they are so into gun control-they can not control themselves and think no one else can either.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #83 on: January 09, 2011, 04:30:17 PM »
Touchy, feely America, coming soon. (I'd wager that talk of the Fairness Doctrine is gaining ground)
"I think the vitriolic rhetoric that we hear day in and day out from people in the radio business and some people in the TV business and what (we) see on TV and how our youngsters are being raised, that this has not become the nice United States of America that most of us grew up in. And I think it's time that we do the soul-searching," the sheriff said.

On Sunday, Dupnik didn't back down. 

"I think we're the tombstone of the United States of America," Dupnik said of The Granite State, which a day earlier he called the "Mecca" of hatred and bigotry. "To try to inflame the public on a daily basis 24 hours a day, seven days a week has impact on people, especially who are unbalanced personalities to begin with."

Link: 

http://politics.foxnews.mobi/quickPage.html?page=23888&content=46821599&pageNum=-1

He's right. Remember Dem. Senator Claire McCaskill telling us to be angry at the rich for asking for a tax cut? Remember the pleas for Obama to show some anger at BP?  Hmmm.

Oh, never mind. That was good anger.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #84 on: January 09, 2011, 04:44:09 PM »
Oh, never mind. That was good anger.

Our "Two Minutes Hate"
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #85 on: January 09, 2011, 06:50:15 PM »
according to open carry web forum, the shooter was stopped by an armed citizen who decided not to shoot the attacker

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?85094-Rep.-Gabrielle-Giffords-Shot&p=1439091#post1439091

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #86 on: January 09, 2011, 07:10:42 PM »
it appears to be true
http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/bestoftv/2011/01/08/exp.az.zamudio.witness.cnn?hpt=T1

Joe Zammudio, an armed citizen ran towards the gunfire, saw that the shooters gun was empty and the slide locked back and assisted holding him down!

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
« Reply #87 on: January 09, 2011, 07:43:49 PM »
Maybe that will get some coverage. I doubt it.

Even our FBI director seems to be embellishing things a little.

Quote: 

“This was an attack on our institutions and on our way of life,” FBI director Mueller told reporters.

That's a bit melodramatic. It was a senseless attack on a congress woman and those around her at the moment. Nothing more.

Abraham Lincoln

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #88 on: January 09, 2011, 08:03:07 PM »
Dupnik is a dumb ass.  I never did care for him as a Sheriff and his true colors are showing. 

We drove by her office yesterday and the area was roped off and cops were keeping people away.  That was when the suspicious package was identified.  There were several people with candles accross the street from her office.

The mood is a bit somber here in Tucson today.

Even though I may not agree with most of her political decisions, I never wish ill will on any politician.  I voted against her in the last election.  Hopefully she will recover soon.  Prayers to those that didn't survive.

P5 Guy

« Reply #89 on: January 09, 2011, 08:43:27 PM »
http://www.wmnf.org/programs/show/162

Israeli news feed in this show brings up the question of anti-semitism because the Rep is Jewish. Southern Poverty Law picked this up yet?

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #90 on: January 09, 2011, 09:19:46 PM »
What videos?

The three videos on his YouTube account that were pointed out by HillBuzz.  All made since late November, with nothing else on the account.  With the "gold standard" ranting, they sound like some of the loonies Ron Paul has been trying to scrape off his follower list.

Add in the "goodbye friends" posting just before the shooting, and it really sounds like he was planning to kill himself afterward and leave a pretty limited body of work to associate with himself.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 09:31:37 PM by KD5NRH »

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
« Reply #91 on: January 09, 2011, 09:31:00 PM »
This should be no surprise.

One of the fiercest gun-control advocates in Congress, Rep. Carolyn McCarthy (D-N.Y.), pounced on the shooting massacre in Tucson Sunday, promising to introduce legislation as soon as Monday.

McCarthy ran for Congress after her husband was gunned down and her son seriously injured in a Long Island shooting in 1993.

"My staff is working on looking at the different legislation fixes that we might be able to do and we might be able to introduce as early as tomorrow," McCarthy told POLITICO in a Sunday afternoon phone interview.

Abraham Lincoln

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #92 on: January 09, 2011, 09:42:25 PM »
This should be no surprise.

From the article, it looks like she might be going after ammunition quantities instead of guns i.e., "stockpiling". It appears at least two other Legislators will be introducing legislation tomorrow as well.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
« Reply #93 on: January 09, 2011, 10:05:36 PM »
From the article, it looks like she might be going after ammunition quantities instead of guns i.e., "stockpiling". It appears at least two other Legislators will be introducing legislation tomorrow as well.

Hopefully this witch will be stopped cold by the House majority. Although, after what our new Speaker of the House said about this incident, I don't trust them to stop any gun control legislation. More likely they will try to appease with bipartisan support since one of the political class was a victim.  
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 10:10:27 PM by Battle Monkey of Zardoz »

Abraham Lincoln

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #94 on: January 09, 2011, 10:12:53 PM »
Read where the girl was the grand daughter of former Phillies manager Dallas Green.  My prayers are going out to all those who were injured and killed and their families.

As for the nut job....if he is fit for trial he will hang on Federal Charges since he killed a Federal Judge.

There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
« Reply #95 on: January 09, 2011, 10:16:33 PM »
From the article of the witch's plan.

Many said that people with a history of mental instability, like the alleged shooter, Jared Lee Loughner, should not be able to buy a gun — and no one should be able to buy stockpiles of ammunition used by the 22-year-old assailant.

McCarthy said she plans to confer with House Speaker John Boehner and Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi to see “if we can work something through” in the coming week.

McCarthy’s bill will look to protect ordinary people, she said, but did not offer further details.

“Again, we need to look at how this is going to work, to protect people, certainly citizens, and we have to look at what I can pass,” she said. “I don’t want to give the NRA – excuse the pun – the ammunition to come at me either.”

Another:

Another vocal supporter for gun control, Illinois Rep. Mike Quigley, told POLITICO that he hopes “something good” can come from the Arizona tragedy – perhaps discussion on a new assault weapon ban, sales at gun shows and tracing measures

And:

Loughner legally purchased his weapon – a Glock 19 with an extended magazine – from an Arizona store. The same kind of extended magazine was illegal under the assault weapons ban that expired in 2004.

“The ability to buy a weapon that fires hundreds of bullets in less than a minute,” said Quigley. “He had an additional magazine capability. That’s not what a hunter needs. That’s not what someone needs to defend their home. That’s what you use to hunt people
.”

Abraham Lincoln

grampster

• friend
« Reply #96 on: January 09, 2011, 10:32:47 PM »
You know, the Founders after wrangling and squabbling, finally ratified a Constitution creating a Constitutional Republic.  The intent was to block the hysteria found in factionalism and make a slow thoughtful form of governance.  The Senate would be the vehicle to inhibit the House and the Executive.

One can only hope many Americans will correspond with their Senators calling for this thoughfulness so that there won't be any knee jerk reaction creating stupid laws put forth by elected officials that have no clue as to their true function.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
« Reply #97 on: January 09, 2011, 10:36:48 PM »
The Senate would be the vehicle to inhibit the House and the Executive.

If only that were true in this day and age. Our Senate, elected not appointed as the founders designed.

Our Senate. Reid, Fienstien, Boxer, Schumer....

Abraham Lincoln

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #98 on: January 09, 2011, 10:48:20 PM »
You know, the Founders after wrangling and squabbling, finally ratified a Constitution creating a Constitutional Republic.  The intent was to block the hysteria found in factionalism and make a slow thoughtful form of governance.  The Senate would be the vehicle to inhibit the House and the Executive.

One can only hope many Americans will correspond with their Senators calling for this thoughfulness so that there won't be any knee jerk reaction creating stupid laws put forth by elected officials that have no clue as to their true function.

Yeah, the Senate was elected directly back by the state legislatures back then too.

Thanks to the seventeenth Amendment, the Senate's been more like the Varsity League version of the House.  =|
I promise not to duck.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #99 on: January 09, 2011, 10:57:41 PM »
Another vocal supporter for gun control, Illinois Rep. Mike Quigley, told POLITICO that he hopes “something good” can come from the Arizona tragedy – perhaps discussion on a new assault weapon ban, sales at gun shows and tracing measures

These people are like vultures, like ghouls. They'll use any tragedy to advance a political agenda. The families haven't even held services and this SOB is trying to push legislation.