Author Topic: Arizona To Take On Westboro Baptist Church In Wake Of Shootings  (Read 389 times)

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
Arizona To Take On Westboro Baptist Church In Wake Of Shootings
« on: January 10, 2011, 08:54:41 PM »
http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2011/01/arizona-to-take-on-westboro-baptist-church-in-wake-of-shootings.php

TUCSON, AZ -- The Arizona state legislature is planning to limit the ability of members of the infamous Westboro Baptist Church to disrupt the funerals of victims of Saturday's deadly shooting, an area state Representative tells TPM.

In one of its first acts since a gunman attacked a constituent event hosted by Rep. Gabrielle Giffords (D-AZ), a bipartisan group of state legislators is expected to push through a bill this week that would deny the Westboro Bapist Church -- the Kansas-based congregation led by Fred Phelps that's best known for protesting military funerals -- some of the media spotlight the group seems to crave.
[/i]
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."