Author Topic: NOTHING is sacred in Hollyweird  (Read 3697 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Re: NOTHING is sacred in Hollyweird
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2011, 03:12:52 PM »
I would blame it on those Mini-14's they were using, but even the bad guys just sprayed and prayed at the ground around their feet. 

I think the guys who made those little charges that simulate bullets hitting the ground made a fortune. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2011, 03:20:33 PM »
Heck, I am alive now (sort of, I guess) and I don't get Firefly. But ... that's because I'm part of the Lone Ranger generation rather than the Firefly generation. I also don't get anything out of Matrix. Tried to watch the original, found it confusing and boring, and turned it off.

It's clearly a generational thing.
It seems to me that the Lone Ranger and other shows in the 50's always had that Law and Order theme and Respect for Legal Authority theme also.  I watched reruns as a very little kid, but not long after.  I vaguely remember there was a "code", but I couldn't tell you anything about it.

Many if not most of the shows I can think of growing up usually portrayed the law or govt as either evil, corrupt, or incompetent in some way with the outlaw as the good guy.  I am thinking of BJ & the Bear, Dukes of Hazzard, and A-Team.   

When were shows like Alias Smith and Jones on TV?  There were others of a similar theme. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Tuco

• Fastest non-sequitur in the West.
  • friends
  • If you miss you had better miss very well
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2011, 04:25:06 PM »
Save the feigned indignation for something that matters. 
This sacred cow was slaughtered 40 years ago with this friggin hilarious depiction of a homosexual Lone Ranger. 
Tonto doesn’t have much to say about the unnatural act which the masked man desires.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWGO3ePMcMg

Glad to be the one to break it to you.
7-11 was a part time job.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2011, 07:04:40 PM »
Watching a few 20-year old re-runs is not at all the same as growing up in a generation that had a completely different value structure and outlook.

No, of course not. But neither of us is completely a product of his generation. After all, wasn't the Lone Ranger generation also the flower-power generation? And in my upbringing, I spent a lot more time hearing Bible stories and reading nineteenth-century novels than watching Lone Ranger reruns. Or Transformers.

I'm intrigued by the fact that everything from The Lone Ranger TV series to The Matrix to silent films are readily accessible from the internet. Twelve-year-olds can watch Miami Vice or a Natalie Wood movie. Netflix has a lot more than your local Blockbuster store (if you still have one). The commercials are there. All kinds of stuff even Lone Ranger fans have forgotten about. I don't know just what effect this is having, or will have.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife