Author Topic: Sigh..grampster under the knife..again..  (Read 4339 times)

mgdavis

• friend
Sigh..grampster under the knife..again..
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2006, 07:44:42 AM »
The girlfriend had her gall bladder out in her late teens. (That's about 5 years ago Wink.) The only ill effect that is still with her is that her belly button will never be quite the same. Best of wishes to you.

SalukiFan

• friend
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2006, 07:53:47 AM »
Hey grampster,
   Chalk one more up on the list of people praying for you. I'm glad to hear that you got a doctor who will listen to you - even the "long story"!

SalukiFan

grampster

• friend
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2006, 10:05:44 AM »
Well, it's a good thing I have never been able to figure out how to post a picture on APS.  You're luckier than you might think.  Wing tips, knee high brown socks, tie died bermuda shorts, an hawiian shirt and budweiser cans crocheted together to make a proper hat may cause a retch heard 'round the world.  Tongue
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

cfabe

• friend
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2006, 01:29:09 PM »
grampster, good luck friend. My mom had the prodcure done, she had to stay overnight in the hospital but had a quick recovery and no complications after. Best of luck to you.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2006, 01:29:33 PM »
Glad to see you taking it all with humor, Grampster. I'll keep you in my thoughts.

FWIW, I think I saw my surgeon more often last year than I saw my wife.

Yep. Getting old sucks. Wink

crt360

• friend
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2006, 02:59:15 PM »
Good luck, grampsta.  At least it's one of those operations where they don't take away something you still have a use for.  A good friend of mine had it done a few years ago and came out new and improved.
For entertainment purposes only.

Antibubba

• friend
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2006, 03:07:18 PM »
I'm beginning to think you're not sick at all, Grampster; I think you just like to be around PYGs in medical garb.

Can't say I blame you! Wink
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2006, 04:12:03 PM »
Hurry back pop's.  We'll keep the light on for ya.

Prayers sent!

Oh yea, I'll tip a dram of vsop cognac for ya on the 3rd of April Wink

caseydog

• friend
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2006, 04:41:13 PM »
Grampster , all hopes that yours goes as well as mine did , I felt better than I had in 10 years , never knew how much it was affecting my overall well being !

Quote from: Gewehr98
BTW, how does the body function sans gall bladder?  Extra pills, special diet?
Some folks have trouble with fatty foods , not many though , a few others get irregular bowels for a while , myself ~ i'm doing much better without it , been able to eat a lot of things that I quit eating years before I knew I had any trouble.

Ray
Be kind as you speak to others , they may be facing demons you are unaware of...

grampster

• friend
« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2006, 04:46:10 PM »
PYG's in medical garb.  Is that anything like a kilt?

SWMBO is always saying  "You've got a lot of gall!"  Wonder if there's any connection?
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Lo.Com.Denom

• friend
  • Welcome to my world...
« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2006, 12:53:11 PM »
Whoops, forgot to say "good luck" to you, grampster!

Chin up -- I'm sure you'll be fine.

Felonious Monk/Fignozzle

« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2006, 03:28:12 PM »
Quote from: caseydog
Quote from: Gewehr98
BTW, how does the body function sans gall bladder?  Extra pills, special diet?
Some folks have trouble with fatty foods , not many though , a few others get irregular bowels for a while , myself ~ i'm doing much better without it , been able to eat a lot of things that I quit eating years before I knew I had any trouble.
Ray
Hmmmm...as I recall, you do need to ease slowly and prudently back into the greasy/spicy realm again.  Sample a bite or two.  Wait until the next mealtime, record/observe how it made you feel.  

There is some medical term about 'XXXXXXXX dumping', which basically means that when the urge hits you, you'd BETTER be within about 15-20 seconds of a toilet, and dropping trou on the way there.  It depends alot on HOW you eat, how well you LISTEN to your body.  

You MAY find yourself a little more lactose sensitive, which I find is helped greatly by some Lact-Aid or Dairy-Eez.  Don't eat a quart of ice cream at 10 o'clock at night and expect you're going to sleep like a baby starting at 11.  Just won't happen.

Acid reflux can become a problem.  My eating habits changed over time to where I really do little more than a small snack after 5pm, if I want to sleep anytime before midnight.  I still have trouble with this from time to time, if I do the greasy/spicy thing improperly, or even just eat carelessly or heavily after 7pm or so.

This is not to say that I am hampered by these things, just requires more mindful choices.  Which I need to be doing anyway.
Hope this helps you, my friend.

Ben

grampster

• friend
« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2006, 05:35:52 PM »
Jeez, I had wrote some great comments thanking you all for your advice etc.  I hit the delete button by mistake.  Damn!!  I forgot most of what I said.  Damn!!

I'm going to go have a glass of scotch now instead.  Tongue

Antibubba

• friend
« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2006, 03:41:18 AM »
PYGs=Pretty Young Girls.   Cheesy
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2006, 01:55:13 PM »
Well, it's 6:47 PM EST and I'm home.  They wheeled me into the operating room at about 11:30 AM.  Woke up about 1:30PM.  Left the hospital around 5:00PM.

Pretty stiff and sore from breasbone to below my belly button, but otherwise feel pretty good.  Laproscopy worked.  I think I'll milk this for a few days; lying around, whining, abuse vicodan, getting special foods and generally catered to hand and foot.  Grandkids put in my dock and if the sun keeps shining four a couple more days, the yard get its spring cleanup; again courtesy of g'kids.  SWMBO will catch on pretty quick, but it will be good for a couple days anywho.

Looking forward to a couple days from now when I'll see if "I'm back to normal."

Before any of you wiseasses have anything to say about what is "normal' for me,
I have two words for you.....

Turn Left!  Tongue

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2006, 02:33:07 PM »
Glad you came through ok.  Told ya it was easy. Smiley  

Milk it as much as possible...

Chris

cosine

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2006, 02:40:39 PM »
Quote from: grampster
Looking forward to a couple days from now when I'll see if "I'm back to normal."

Before any of you wiseasses have anything to say about what is "normal' for me,
I have two words for you.....

Turn Left!  Tongue
Nothing to worry about... you're already "back to normal." rolleyes

Just pulling your leg. Wink Cheesy

Hope you recover quickly and feel "back to normal" (uh oh, did I just say that seriously? shocked Tongue) soon. Smiley
Andy

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #42 on: April 03, 2006, 03:03:03 PM »
Quote from: grampster
Well, it's 6:47 PM EST and I'm home.  They wheeled me into the operating room at about 11:30 AM.  Woke up about 1:30PM.  Left the hospital around 5:00PM.

Pretty stiff and sore from breasbone to below my belly button, but otherwise feel pretty good.  Laproscopy worked.  I think I'll milk this for a few days; lying around, whining, abuse vicodan, getting special foods and generally catered to hand and foot.  Grandkids put in my dock and if the sun keeps shining four a couple more days, the yard get its spring cleanup; again courtesy of g'kids.  SWMBO will catch on pretty quick, but it will be good for a couple days anywho.

Darn, that recovery period must have been measured in seconds.    Wink
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #43 on: April 03, 2006, 03:44:32 PM »
Milk it for all it's worth gramps!!

(Glad you came out of it ok)

Cheesy
Avoid cliches like the plague!

garrettwc

• friend
  • Tell me what I want to know and the pain will stop
« Reply #44 on: April 03, 2006, 06:05:49 PM »
Hey, grampster's home! Good to hear from you. Did you get one of those little bells to ring so they all come running Cheesy

bermbuster

• friend
« Reply #45 on: April 04, 2006, 02:43:35 AM »
Don't show them your incisions.  Just tell them they had to cut you several times.  Milk it while you can Smiley

Glad you hear you are okay.

Felonious Monk/Fignozzle

« Reply #46 on: April 04, 2006, 04:43:06 PM »
Glad you're okay.  
Take it easy, go slow, eat bland, and milk every last drop of compassion out of this.

Fig

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #47 on: April 04, 2006, 09:40:09 PM »
glad it came out ok!  
;-)

All of you males age 40+, get your psa tested and digital prostate exam.  It's a lifesaver, take it from me.
umm, I'm rapidly approaching 50 and I don't even know what it is your talking about ...except that digital prostrate exam doesn't sound comfortable at all.

3 years ago when I had insurance I had a benign tumor on my vocal chords and had them removed, they stuck a digital camera down my throat by going up my nose...that wasn't alot of fun either.

hey! where in FL do you live?

I will be there for a week next month
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Nightfall

• friend
« Reply #48 on: April 05, 2006, 02:07:59 AM »
Best of luck on your recovery gramps. I'm glad to hear you'll be with us for many more years. Smiley
It is difficult if not impossible to reason a person out of a position they did not reason themselves into. - 230RN

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #49 on: April 05, 2006, 07:20:38 PM »
Glad to hear your back in one piece.  Can you do me a favor, take away this bottle of Cognac, it gave me one hell of a hangover Wink