Author Topic: The lit match has been moved closer to the powder keg  (Read 1158 times)

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
The lit match has been moved closer to the powder keg
« on: January 24, 2011, 10:37:55 PM »
I don't like it. This will travel like a virus through our civil rights before it's over. Like the Popo needs another reason to have itchy fingers.

"It's not a fluke," Richard Roberts, a spokesman for the International Union of Police Associations, told MSNBC.com. "There's a perception among officers in the field that theres a war on cops going on."

We don't have any data, but there seems to be a type of criminal out there looking to thwart authority," he told the station

http://www.foxnews.mobi/#r_http%3A//www.foxnews.mobi/quickPage.html%3Fpage%3D22995%26content%3D47456080%26pageNum%3D-1
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Re: The lit match has been moved closer to the powder keg
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2011, 10:47:04 PM »
“The San Fernando Police Department give’s out awards to officer’s that ‘achieve benchmarks in firearm confiscations,’”

Moderately unrelated, but not quite so unrelated.

For some, it's a soft war.  For others, it's a hard war.

Yes, there's a war against over-reaching authority.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2011, 03:31:28 AM »
That article turned on my warning lights as well.
It will be interesting to see if Obama brings up gun control tonight.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2011, 11:21:34 AM »
There's a war against reason and order and civil society, but it's nothing new and it sure as hell isn't coming from conservatives or The Tea Party.

Cops know who their enemies really are.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.