Author Topic: Did you really think Obama forgot about Gun Control? Nah.  (Read 4589 times)

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
Did you really think Obama forgot about Gun Control? Nah.
« on: January 26, 2011, 11:42:58 AM »
Obama will tacke gun control. This scares the *expletive deleted*it out of me. Obama has to be a 1 term prez. I pray that the Republicans pull it together, and field a great candidate. But they way it looks now, we have the same front runners as we did in 08, minus McCain.

Williams said he was told by a senior administration official that Obama will take on gun control at a different venue and later date.

http://mobile.thehill.com/blog-briefing-room/140245-white-house-official-obama-will-tackle-gun-control

“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: Did you really think Obama forgot about Gun Control? Nah.
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 12:00:21 PM »
Obama will tacke gun control. This scares the *expletive deleted* out of me. Obama has to be a 1 term prez. I pray that the Republicans pull it together, and field a great candidate. But they way it looks now, we have the same front runners as we did in 08, minus McCain.

http://mobile.thehill.com/blog-briefing-room/140245-white-house-official-obama-will-tackle-gun-control

Minus McCain but PLUS Palin. I'd say that by itself is an improvement.

And if McCain becomes indirectly responsible for a President Palin, I'll never say another negative thing about him for the rest of MY life.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2011, 12:19:17 PM »
Of course he will.  The 1A and the 2A will remain the prime targets--ooops, there's that word again--for the Left.  Obama will keep overreaching until he's finally thrown out of office or this nation breaks in half.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2011, 12:31:53 PM »
Or this nation breaks in half.

Really don't want to see that happen. With that said, I'm no convinced it would be a bad thing.
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
White House official: Obama will tackle 'very important issue' of gun control
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/140245-white-house-official-obama-will-tackle-gun-control?utm_campaign=briefingroom&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitterfeed

Williams said he was told by a senior administration official that Obama will take on gun control at a different venue and later date.

When no one is looking or after reelection-which ever comes first
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!

gunsmith

• friend
from imao.us

The gun control people don’t know much about guns, so maybe we should try to plant the seed of an idea of what laws to pass.

“You know what we could ban that criminals love but a common citizen would never need: High-capacity barrels – gun barrels that hold ten or more bullets at once.”

The important thing is that most of us 2nd Amendment supporters will have to act like it’s an outrage, yelling stuff like, “No! That’s destroying our freedom! Founding Fathers mad!”

And then when Obama passes it, he’ll rub his hands together greedily and say, “Ha! Now I takes your nasty freedoms! Hee hee hee!”

But we’ll secretly be laughing at him — as we usually are when we aren’t laughing openly.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2011, 03:00:09 PM »
from my other post on the subject
from imao.us

The gun control people don’t know much about guns, so maybe we should try to plant the seed of an idea of what laws to pass.

“You know what we could ban that criminals love but a common citizen would never need: High-capacity barrels – gun barrels that hold ten or more bullets at once.”

The important thing is that most of us 2nd Amendment supporters will have to act like it’s an outrage, yelling stuff like, “No! That’s destroying our freedom! Founding Fathers mad!”

And then when Obama passes it, he’ll rub his hands together greedily and say, “Ha! Now I takes your nasty freedoms! Hee hee hee!”

But we’ll secretly be laughing at him — as we usually are when we aren’t laughing openly.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2011, 03:47:18 PM »
merged...
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2011, 04:05:58 PM »
According to this article

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2011/01/26/AR2011012604765.html

The One called in some talking heads, Blitzer one of them, and a speech in the future will be about gun control.

I've got a bad feeling about this.

Abraham Lincoln

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2011, 06:03:33 PM »
Everyone here knows we need thug control, not gun control.  It's okay to champion 2A gun rights but we also need to champion a crackdown on the gangs that are involved in so much of the crime plaguing the nation.
"Domari nolo."

Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2011, 06:14:24 PM »
Everyone here knows we need thug control, not gun control.  It's okay to champion 2A gun rights but we also need to champion a crackdown on the gangs that are involved in so much of the crime plaguing the nation.

Make it easier for folks to carry weapons. An armed society is a polite society. There, there's your thug control.

Abraham Lincoln

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2011, 06:29:17 PM »
Make it easier for folks to carry weapons. An armed society is a polite society. There, there's your thug control.

No matter what weapons or lack of weapons they have at their disposal a certain segment of society will always prey upon the other segment.

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2011, 07:33:42 PM »
Interesting that this should come up today. While I was at the galley, CNN was on and this come up, http://newsroom.blogs.cnn.com/category/anchors/ali-velshi/
Click here to check out this great article from the NY Times on the lack of gun research in the last 2 decades.

We also want your input.  Do you think there needs to be more research on guns and violence?

And the link to the article, http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/26/us/26guns.html?_r=1

[barf]
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2011, 07:58:29 PM »
We also want your input.  Do you think there needs to be more research on guns and violence?

The less they research before implementing a ban or other forms of gun control, the less effective it is.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2011, 09:34:13 PM »
Just visited DU, they are going ape *expletive deleted*it overthere. The majority of the posts are stating they want the dems to stay far away from gun control n

Abraham Lincoln

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2011, 11:24:25 PM »
No matter what weapons or lack of weapons they have at their disposal a certain segment of society will always prey upon the other segment.

.............until they are shot/otherwise killed, by there intended victim. [ar15]

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2011, 05:16:07 PM »

Racist!   :P
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2011, 05:34:35 PM »
Human racist, exactly.  =D
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2011, 09:37:26 PM »
Keep in mind  that we're also probably going to see a LOT of internet postings in forums like this one that basically say "Republican candidate XXXX is soft on gun control - you need to vote against them!"

And they'll be pushing some sort of third party candidate. Who has zero chance of keeping Obama out of office.

Which is  what they want.

Now, which of you will fall for it?

Whatever republican who runs will likely be at least 75-90% on our side. Which is considerably better than the alternative.
Blog under construction

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2011, 12:09:03 AM »
And that's only because of all the people who vote for who they think will win instead of who should win.

[popcorn]
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

red headed stranger

• friend
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2011, 07:33:00 AM »

Yep.  Also a lot of the gun crime stats that antis try to use against gun owners represent thug on thug crime.  (ie child gun deaths.)       
Those who learn from history are doomed to watch others repeat it