Author Topic: Egypt: What's happening?  (Read 34341 times)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Re: Egypt: What's happening?
« Reply #175 on: February 17, 2011, 08:15:55 AM »
Next time there is a school shooting, do not be offended to see foreign media fall over each other in the rush to depict America as horrible, hyperviolent, racist place.

Well, if our participants at political rallies ran off and shot up schools, our gov't's policy was explicitly pro-school-shooting, and our religious leaders promoted school shooting from the pulpit, that analogy would hold water.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #176 on: February 17, 2011, 09:00:12 AM »
You know the religious leaders of Egypt condemn terrorism and claim it is the Allied forces in Iraq that are blessed by Allah, right?
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #177 on: February 17, 2011, 09:53:15 AM »
You know the religious leaders of Egypt condemn terrorism and claim it is the Allied forces in Iraq that are blessed by Allah, right?

You're assuming they will win in the ensuing power struggle.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #178 on: February 17, 2011, 10:46:05 AM »
Next time there is a school shooting, do not be offended to see foreign media fall over each other in the rush to depict America as horrible, hyperviolent, racist place.

Of course "foreign media" have trouble with doing that when the shooters are immigrants and/or racial minorities, don't they?
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #179 on: February 17, 2011, 10:53:06 AM »

All of them? Really? I guess broad brushing is fine when it seems like a compliment right?

As for foreign media blah blah, the difference there is that they would be wrong.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #180 on: February 17, 2011, 12:23:16 PM »
We know that by the vigorous way they prosecute people who harm Christians and vandalize churches, and how they make it so easy for Christians to build, upgrade, and repair their churches.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #181 on: February 17, 2011, 12:30:27 PM »
All of them? Really? I guess broad brushing is fine when it seems like a compliment right?

The ones who actually have spots in the country's most prestigious Islamic institution.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #182 on: February 17, 2011, 12:44:28 PM »
We know that by the vigorous way they prosecute people who harm Christians and vandalize churches, and how they make it so easy for Christians to build, upgrade, and repair their churches.

Heh!
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #183 on: February 17, 2011, 12:51:25 PM »

Clearly those Egyptians who fight against Hamas - literally fight, with guns and explosives and chemical weapons - are just terrorism supporters.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #184 on: February 17, 2011, 02:51:13 PM »
Clearly those Egyptians who fight against Hamas - literally fight, with guns and explosives and chemical weapons - are just terrorism supporters.

So you agree with "The enemy of my enemy is my friend"?

The ones who actually have spots in the country's most prestigious Islamic institution.

I could show you people in Britain's "most prestigious Christian institution" who think ordaining lesbians is Biblical. Hardly describes the majority Christian viewpoint on the issue.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #185 on: February 17, 2011, 02:54:24 PM »
This one is wandering around in the weeds.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”