Author Topic: 60 years old: is there any way to lose the "spare tire"?  (Read 5957 times)

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
Re: 60 years old: is there any way to lose the "spare tire"?
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2011, 02:23:51 AM »
Hookers.

And whiskey.

That's it. Nothing else.

Blog under construction

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2011, 06:59:01 AM »

Hookers.

And whiskey.

That's it. Nothing else.
Works for Charlie Sheen. Well, I guess he throws a little coke into the mix too. Coke, that'll take the weight off of you.  ;)

Yup, I've always had well defined abs that come and go as my weight flucuates. Except lately it doesn't seem to fluctuate down anymore like it used to.  =|
Avoid cliches like the plague!

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2011, 08:12:08 AM »
Hookers.

And whiskey.

That's it. Nothing else.

Get out of my brain!
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2011, 09:51:25 AM »
Several someones mentioned yoga and walking. Do that; it works.

Since I sit on my butt all day at work my lower back was getting weak and sore. My wife and I do a 20 minute yoga routine most days and that has really helped my back. I enjoyed is so much that I've added other yoga routines and core-strengthing workouts. My spare tire has been steadily shrinking.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2011, 11:14:24 PM »
I've been going every day to the gym for over a week, rather than every other day, alternating between treadmill days and weight days.

I think I lost whatever gains I made in the past week going out for dinner tonight. We went to a good Mexican place. I had a large beef burrito and a bowl of refried beans. My wife ordered something that had shrimp, beef, chorizo sausage, pork, onions, pepper and Mexican cheese in it. It came with three tortilla shells, which weren't enough.

She ate part of it, and I ate the rest, but had to get three more shells. Then, on top of that, and the burrito, and the refried beans, I had a melon-sized portion of fried ice cream, with whipped cream and chocolate sauce.

I think it's going to take a solid week at the gym to work all of that off.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2011, 01:42:22 AM »
There is some of when you eat (right before bed is the worst), what you eat (highly processed foods, sugars) etc. And I really do need to start yoga again, the stretches really help my back.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Laurent du Var

• friends
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2011, 03:59:24 AM »
What you need to do is swimming.

Good for your back.
Good for your pecks. 
Good for your abs.
Good for everything plus you get to look at the
chickas from behind your swimming goggles.   =)
If you'd find a indoor  swimming pool with a steaming room for afterwards, that'd be perfect.

Putting on muscles for an ectomorphic type while losing a soft belly won't happen at the gym, still it's good to go there, if you enjoy it.

Remember, it is not proven yet, that you'll live one day longer because of exercising - it just makes you fell
better and may be good for a nicer viewing.

Vada a bordo, Cazzo!

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2011, 07:48:13 AM »
+1 for the swimming. Easier on the old joints too as long as you don't pull too hard trying to be a hero for the chickas.  ;)
Avoid cliches like the plague!

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2011, 09:49:23 AM »
I know, I know. I was just really poking fun at myself for lack of control. I'd dropped a pound or two in the last week, and the ab exercises I could feel. Then I go and eat two full restaurant meals (I had a plate-sized burrito and a bowl of refried beans; my wife's entree was a two-person meal, and I ate about two-thirds of it) and nearly a pound of fried ice cream with chocolate syrup and whipped cream (the fried ice cream dish is made for two to three people).

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2011, 10:23:51 AM »
I know, I know. I was just really poking fun at myself for lack of control. I'd dropped a pound or two in the last week, and the ab exercises I could feel. Then I go and eat two full restaurant meals (I had a plate-sized burrito and a bowl of refried beans; my wife's entree was a two-person meal, and I ate about two-thirds of it) and nearly a pound of fried ice cream with chocolate syrup and whipped cream (the fried ice cream dish is made for two to three people).

What, there wasn't a bathroom at the restaurant where you could go to throw up like the other models do? :P  =D
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2011, 12:37:41 PM »
:D

I reach the point of pain before I reach the point where I could throw up.

I've always been able to eat enormous amounts of food. It's only in the last ten to fifteen years that large amounts wind up around my middle.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2011, 12:48:43 PM »
Yeah, other than seasickness, hardly anything makes me throw up. I just suffer through the pain of an overstuffed stomach.

My parents always tell stories about how people from their grandparent's era would get together to eat and everyone would go throw up once or twice so they could keep eating more. Crazy German villagers. But then back then, the availability of lots of food was a luxury, so it was probably partly a psychological thing to, if more was available than you needed and couldn't be preserved, to eat it all instead of letting it go to waste.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."