Author Topic: Politician Breaks Into Home, Sues Owners For Injuries  (Read 3528 times)

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
Politician Breaks Into Home, Sues Owners For Injuries
« on: February 01, 2011, 10:25:33 AM »
http://consumerist.com/2011/01/politician-breaks-into-home-sues-owners-for-injuries.html

Summary: NY State Senator Jim Alesi injured himself when he decided to look in on the house (under construction) of a Perinton NY couple.  Since the front door was locked, he was cited in a sheriff's report for criminal trespass.  He allegedly went through the basement door and tried climbing a ladder to the first floor and fell, suffering leg injuries that required surgery.  He is now SUING the home owners and the builders.  Alesi claims that the builders were negligent in maintaining a safe premises.  This happened 3 years ago.

Why is this moron still in office?
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: Politician Breaks Into Home, Sues Owners For Injuries
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2011, 10:32:04 AM »
Why is this moron still in office?

New York State Senator Jim Alesi
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2011, 10:46:41 AM »
I hesitated to restate the obvious, and mak beat me to it.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

TechMan

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2011, 10:52:44 AM »
Sorry it was a rhetorical question.  =)
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2011, 11:14:23 AM »
He's withdrawn the suit due to public uproar:
http://www.democratandchronicle.com/article/20110124/NEWS01/110124026/1002/NEWS/Alesi-withdraws-lawsuit

He still needs to be thrown out of office if he doesn't resign quickly enough -- have a recall election, or however they do it there.
"It's good, though..."

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2011, 11:18:30 AM »
He's withdrawn the suit due to public uproar:
http://www.democratandchronicle.com/article/20110124/NEWS01/110124026/1002/NEWS/Alesi-withdraws-lawsuit

He still needs to be tarred & feathered, thrown out of office if he doesn't resign quickly enough -- have a recall election, or however they do it there.

We need to resurrect a few grand old traditions.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2011, 11:27:09 AM »
The problem is that public humiliation used to carry a shameful stigma and was to be avoided at all costs. Today it gets you invitations to daytime/reality TV and a book deal. :facepalm:
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

TechMan

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2011, 11:50:30 AM »
The problem is that public humiliation used to carry a shameful stigma and was to be avoided at all costs. Today it gets you invitations to daytime/reality TV and a book deal. :facepalm:

Amen....and gives the idiots their > 15 minutes of fame.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2011, 12:05:36 PM »
at least the republican party was able to squeeze him into acting right
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2011, 07:06:15 PM »
What was he trying to do there? Just intrigued by the empty house and wanted to explore or was he actually trying to steal stuff?
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

TechMan

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2011, 07:26:45 PM »
What was he trying to do there? Just intrigued by the empty house and wanted to explore or was he actually trying to steal stuff?

Claims he was checking out the house for some friends.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2011, 01:52:43 AM »
I think the appropriate thing to do is for the defendant to break into his house, injure themselves and counter sue.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2011, 01:47:12 PM »
Claims he was checking out the house for some friends.
Has he named the friends?  If he is not up front and open about it, it makes me wonder who the friends were.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2011, 03:01:19 PM »
So, could he still be sued for a frivolous lawsuit? 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge