Author Topic: On this National Holiday.............  (Read 7839 times)

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Re: On this National Holiday.............
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2011, 09:20:27 AM »
Yes.
Yup.

Not if you're a Packers fan.  =D

I heard the President was rooting for the Steelers, so by default, I was a Packers fan.

Game defintely had its high points.  But it seemed for most of it that the Steelers weren't there.  They tried to make a game of it a couple times.  But not very hard.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2011, 12:27:25 PM »
I heard the President was rooting for the Steelers...

So THAT's why they lost.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2011, 12:46:51 PM »
I jested about soups and bowls, but I went to a trashy bar in Tempe where the college girl waitresses wear football jersey tops and bottom-hugging shorts, to watch the game with some friends.  The Steelers gave the game away, IMO.  Lots of interceptions that just bit them in the *expletive deleted*ss, over and over again.

I saw the Aguilera screw-up on the Anthem and pointed it out right away.  Only half the people I was with even caught on.  Disappointing state of patriotism in my social circle.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2011, 01:14:13 PM »
I jested about soups and bowls, but I went to a trashy bar in Tempe where the college girl waitresses wear football jersey tops and bottom-hugging shorts, to watch the game with some friends.  The Steelers gave the game away, IMO.  Lots of interceptions that just bit them in the *expletive deleted*ss, over and over again.

I saw the Aguilera screw-up on the Anthem and pointed it out right away.  Only half the people I was with even caught on.  Disappointing state of patriotism in my social circle.

Why the hell even bother singing the Anthem if they are going to *expletive deleted* it up? And I really, really dislike the stylized bullshit "singers" do with the anthem (going really high pitched, for one)...just sing it plainly, honorably, and don't *expletive deleted*EDITED OUT
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 07:01:28 PM by JamisJockey »
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2011, 06:14:31 PM »
Why the hell even bother singing the Anthem if they are going to *expletive deleted* it up? And I really, really dislike the stylized bullshit "singers" do with the anthem (going really high pitched, for one)...just sing it plainly, honorably, and don't *expletive deleted* it up because you just remembered that you were supposed to do it 11:00PM the night before while you were in the middle of snorting a line of crack.

Great cheese-filled Buddha! Can you not show one ounce of respect for a pop singer! I mean it would be one thing if you were taking God's name in vain, but that's Christina Aguilera you're talking about, there! Mohamed on a matzo ball!

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2011, 06:25:45 PM »
Great cheese-filled Buddha!... Mohamed on a matzo ball!

Cthulhu's spicy dragonbreath!

Don't you have any respect for the Church of the Awakened Buddha Who Delights in Marrying Nine Year Olds And Playing Chess In The Park?  I thought this forum was more sensitive than that... :'(
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2011, 06:31:12 PM »
Well, the mods just pick strange things to lock threads and establish Forum Rules about. I'm trying to keep up, but what can you do?

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2011, 07:03:16 PM »
 ;/

There is a line between calling you like you see it, and being just plain obnoxious.  Calling someone a crack smoking slut pushes came across as lacking tact and taste to me.  I closed the other thread.  Get over it.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2011, 07:17:27 PM »
Over it. Just poking fun at our big happy family.

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2011, 07:24:04 PM »
Over it. Just poking fun at our big happy family.

Who are you calling a Hippy?

Oh.
Wait.
Maybe I need glasses.
JD

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2011, 07:28:05 PM »
Alright, which one of you numskulls left the door open and let the hippies in? Do you have any idea how long it's going to take to get rid of the patchouli smell?
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2011, 07:30:25 PM »
Patchouli? Is that like goulash?

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2011, 07:32:11 PM »
Fistful started it.  Prolly his fault.
--Lysander Spooner

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2011, 07:33:54 PM »
Patchouli? Is that like goulash?

I don't know. As Mickey Mantle said, "Don't ask me, I'm no hippy".
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2011, 10:07:11 PM »

Don't you have any respect for the Church of the Awakened Buddha Who Delights in Marrying Nine Year Olds And Playing Chess In The Park?

Woody Allen has a church?....... =|
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2011, 08:05:09 AM »
Hippies? Where?  [popcorn]

Wallace, Wallace gave away the game. Effer missed two perfect and crucial passes. I think they also got a bad call on that "incomplete" thing, The dude had control of the ball. It was tucked and he had a hand on each end. They stripped it.

Of course I couldn't care less either way. I just tuned in after half time and always root for the underdog anyways so I was wanting to see them make a comeback and at least tie for crying out loud.

All I wanted to see was some good football.  :'(

:lol:
Avoid cliches like the plague!