Author Topic: Montana moves to repeal medical marijuana laws  (Read 50763 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: Montana moves to repeal medical marijuana laws
« Reply #200 on: March 14, 2011, 06:36:56 PM »
Leave it to you to know how long it takes them to get a drug raid together. :lol:

we always figured you had 3 days to score and unload  one day to make their radar  one day to investigate set up an undercover buy and then a day to get the warrant and put it into motion   the rule was score and get rid of everything in 48 hours. let them raid an empty store.

of course all that goes out the window if you are  big player. we never were anything more than small time
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

• friends
« Reply #201 on: March 14, 2011, 06:41:58 PM »
From someone who has actually worked on the inside of an alphabet agency, you don't have a freaking clue.

the bill stalled in committee today, its your position someone at the dea read/saw that and fired up raids at multiple locations since lunch?  really?  do they have that many dea guys in montana? when they run a big show around here they bring in guys from other areas to bulk out the troops as well as involve local law enforcement.  heck it can take a while to do the warrants for a deal like that at the fed level
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #202 on: March 14, 2011, 06:45:19 PM »

the bill stalled in committee today, its your position someone at the dea read/saw that and fired up raids at multiple locations since lunch?  really?  do they have that many dea guys in montana? when they run a big show around here they bring in guys from other areas to bulk out the troops as well as involve local law enforcement.  heck it can take a while to do the warrants for a deal like that at the fed level

No. It is my position that you possess no practical knowledge of the actual inner workings of government agencies and any assertions you make to their abilities, intentions or planning are likely to be deeply flawed.

• friends
« Reply #203 on: March 14, 2011, 06:51:01 PM »
enlighten us. all my experience comes from listening in court or reading legal docs. and a couple times being on the wrong aside of the door when the battering ram hits it.

heres what you replied to

sorry  they didn't kick that operation off in the time since the bill stalled  it was in the works a while.  anyone else wanna hazard a guess?  i don't have one

where did i go astray? always good to learn something new

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #204 on: March 14, 2011, 07:05:14 PM »
enlighten us. all my experience comes from listening in court or reading legal docs. and a couple times being on the wrong aside of the door when the battering ram hits it.

heres what you replied to

sorry  they didn't kick that operation off in the time since the bill stalled  it was in the works a while.  anyone else wanna hazard a guess?  i don't have one

where did i go astray? always good to learn something new

Your assertion is that they couldn't have kicked off a state wide operation in a very constrained time frame. That could well be very erroneous. Your experience is being prosecuted for breaking the law, not being the officer planning the raid. My practical experience on the other hand comes from receiving real time intelligence on enemy activity, and either telling our people where to go, and who to go kill, or killing them myself via a hellfire off a predator, and doing this all in a timely manner before the enemy can get away. To that end, which experience and knowledge base do you think would be more applicable to the planning and execution of raids?

• friends
« Reply #205 on: March 14, 2011, 07:13:41 PM »
a military raid outside the usa?  did you need to get a warrant for those? :facepalm:
or are you attempting to equate military action with what happened in montana? where in at least one case it was all records seizure no cuffs.

were they using hellfires and predators in montana?  who got killed? i didn't even read about any kittens stomped [popcorn]

this remains unanswered or challenged
sorry  they didn't kick that operation off in the time since the bill stalled  it was in the works a while.

the time i read for the bill stalling was near noon today  they were kicking doors by 2.  can you even drive to those location in that time frame? i remember riding forever in montana at over 100 and seeing no one or anything

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #206 on: March 14, 2011, 09:38:42 PM »
The DEA has long turned (and still is in other states) a blind eye to Med. MJ

thats very true  made me wonder why montana ? why now?

Because MT made noise a couple weeks ago.  It's BS selective enforcement.  Fed.gov needs to treat all states the same, or Butt the F out.

And having worked with Tampa law enforcement on force protection issues, LE can serve warrants on "The Usual Suspects" in about 90 min from the Go order around here.  Sometimes it seems they have the warrants pre-written, just waiting a signature.

PTK

• friends
« Reply #207 on: March 15, 2011, 12:14:11 PM »
http://blog.montananorml.org/2011/03/15/federal-raids-in-montana-what-to-do-today/

If you're disgusted by the Federal agents pulling an end-run around Montana politics, give them a call and make your voice heard.

Might be your cause, next, in your state. Even if you disagree with medical marijuana, the fact that Federal agents are being used to influence political processes at the State level is disgusting to the extreme.
"Only lucky people grow old." - Frederick L.
September 1915 - August 2008

"If you really do have cancer "this time", then this is your own fault. Like the little boy who cried wolf."

• friends
« Reply #208 on: March 15, 2011, 02:29:30 PM »
they raided 10 places across the state at the same time with a multi agency force.  but not all of them or even all of them in one town. i wondered if they might be going after them for cash tax issues but no irs agents in the raids. many of the places raided were affiliated too . it should be interesting to see the warrants unsealed. the more so since the only person i read of being actually arrested was held on a previous warrant

and then there is this
Barbara Trego, who works at the Montana Cannabis warehouse but was at the Capitol for the hearing, said she received word of the raid before the vote.

and this
The raid caused traffic to slow as people passing by tried to ascertain what was happening. One man in a minivan honked his horn and shouted out the window, "Thank you, Helena Police Department! It's about time!"

PTK

• friends
« Reply #209 on: March 15, 2011, 02:30:29 PM »
So if one person agrees with it by shouting out of a car, that represents all the voters? Interesting.

"If you really do have cancer "this time", then this is your own fault. Like the little boy who cried wolf."

• friends
« Reply #210 on: March 15, 2011, 03:48:03 PM »
i'm sorry did i accidentally type that he represented the voters? if that happened it was inadvertent.

http://www.kpax.com/news/medical-marijuana-patients-home-raided/

i did find a story about a patients house raided but it was a year ago. and it wasn't feds.  and heck they even left him his legal plants  just took the 89 he had over the limit

• friends
« Reply #211 on: March 19, 2011, 02:09:01 PM »
no further "reports" of raids on patients homes yet?

"Your assertion is that they couldn't have kicked off a state wide operation in a very constrained time frame. That could well be very erroneous."
http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/03/16/us-montana-marijuana-odds-idUSTRE72F68H20110316
A medical marijuana law in the state of Montana is being used for large-scale drug trafficking, federal prosecutors said, days after the U.S. government raided facilities across the state.

The raids on Monday capped an 18-month investigation of marijuana trafficking statewide, the U.S. Attorney for Montana, Michael Cotter, said in a statement.

my lack of experience with predators notwithstanding >:D

• friends
« Reply #212 on: March 19, 2011, 03:35:11 PM »
how will the exposure of these folks evading taxes on this scale affect the movement? will folks in montana go "yes!" or resent these folks trying to avoid paying what they lawfully owe and thereby foist more on those who actually obey the law?

• friends
« Reply #213 on: March 19, 2011, 04:04:49 PM »
then there is this pesky thing

http://coloradoindependent.com/74842/montana-house-votes-to-repeal-medical-marijuana-law

The Montana House of Representatives voted 63-37 yesterday to overturn that state’s medical marijuana law. The State Senate is expected to follow suit soon. Both houses are controlled by Republicans.

Montana politicos say they aren’t sure what to expect from Governor Brian Schweitzer, a Democrat.

From today’s New York Times:

“We were duped,” said the House speaker, Mike Milburn, a Republican and sponsor of the repeal bill, who said he thought that the arguments about medical use had been a pretext for encouraging recreational use and creating a path to full legalization. He said he feared gang drug wars in Montana’s cities and debilitation of its youth.

“This bill says, Shut down everything — it’s gone way too far,” Mr. Milburn told the chamber before the vote.

The State Senate, also controlled by the Republicans, will also consider the measure, and House members will have an opportunity to vote on it again as early as Friday before sending it there. If passed by the Senate it would face an uncertain fate on the desk of Gov. Brian Schweitzer, a Democrat.

Mr. Schweitzer has said he believes the laws need to be tightened, but he has not taken a position on repeal. His spokeswoman, Sarah Elliott, said in an e-mail, “The business has gotten out ahead of the regulatory environment, and we need to build some boundaries.”

• friends
« Reply #214 on: March 21, 2011, 12:17:33 PM »
http://www.mtstandard.com/news/local/article_691f9ba2-51dd-11e0-a444-001cc4c03286.html

Cotter’s comments came during an all-day update on the status of Montana’s medical marijuana law. The  measure, approved by voters in 2004, made it legal for patients with terminal or  serious illnesses to possess and use marijuana, as well as for caregivers to grow and provide it.

But since the measure was approved, many people have complained and numerous people have made a mockery of the law by faking medical conditions. And caregivers have sprung up statewide, some with thousands of patients.

Cotter, in his comments, was referring to an October 2009 memo from Deputy Attorney General David Ogden in which he stated that federal officials would not put their efforts into cracking down on legitimate users of medical marijuana. The drug is still against federal law, but 15 states and the District of Columbia have passed measures making marijuana legal for medicinal use.

The Justice Department, however, stated clearly that marijuana remains illegal and it would crack down on growers and distributors who were abusing medical marijuana laws, said Cotter.

“When the Attorney General visited here in February, he stated illegal sale of marijuana under the guise of medical marijuana will be prosecuted,” Cotter said. “That is the policy.”

PTK

• friends
« Reply #215 on: March 21, 2011, 12:39:58 PM »
You having a good conversation in here, c&sd? :lol:

• friends
« Reply #216 on: March 21, 2011, 12:43:09 PM »
so long as one person seeks enlightenment its not in vain.  and the views mean that its more than just you. its probably a character flaw of mine but its never been part of my make up to need a posse or group of cheerleaders to make me feel loved.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #217 on: March 21, 2011, 01:17:51 PM »
so long as one person seeks enlightenment its not in vain.  and the views mean that its more than just you. its probably a character flaw of mine but its never been part of my make up to need a posse or group of cheerleaders to make me feel loved.

Neither did Narcissus.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #218 on: March 21, 2011, 01:23:46 PM »
Ok, this is going nowhere fast.

Chris